It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Les Mills fitness programs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Does anyone else go to any Les Mills classes? JEESSSSUSSSSS!
I think I am addicted to them.

They are a brand of exercise and fitness classes, performed all around the world.

Body Attack is sport inspired cardio
Body Balance is a yoga, thai chi and pilates inspired workout
Body Combat is karate, boxing, tae kwon do, t'ai chi and Muay Thai inspired cardio
Bodyjam is streetdance cardio workout
Bodypump is bar weights strength workouts featuring all muscle groups
Bodystep is an intense step class working out the legs, bum and belly
Bodyvive is a low intensity fitness class featuring aids such as balls etc
CXWORX is a core training class. I haven't done this, it looks a bit too hardcore for my abilities
RPM is a spin class.
Sh'Bam seems to have taken over from Zumba, but this is another dance inspired cardio workout.

Each class is 50-55 minutes long, with a very quick break between tracks for a gulp of water before moving onto the next one.

Being a dummy, I jumped straight in with Bodycombat. My fitness levels left something to be desired. I was close to the brink of passing out, throwing up in my mouth, the lot.
But I persisted. It's taken 6 months but I can certainly hold my own with more seasoned members, or even fitter members than myself.

I love them, I can't rate them highly enough, and I know that it's worth every penny. If I didn't have a random group of people to exercise with, I would try half so hard, and the instructors really know their stuff (well mine do anyway).

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I do them 3-5 times a week, they ARE really fun! I'm not a fan of athletics. I normally hate exercising, hate using the machines, have a dust gathering treadmill in my home. But after deciding that I was tired of of being tired (and tired of being unhealthy) I've implemented the first of three lifestyle changes: eat healthier and exercise more. (The third is stop smoking, sigh, one thing at a time)

With that said, the les mills classes were where I began my exercise more routine. I love love love them. The first three that you posted are actually my three favorite ones. I usually do body attack and body combat on mon, tue, thur, friday... and I like to throw in body balance in the middle of the week on wednesdays to break things up.

Anyhow, I highly encourage people who want to become more active, but hate exercise, to try the les mills classes. They are fun, and even if you are uncoordinated, it's really easy to catch on.

Disclaimer: I don't work for them or anything, I'm just a regular person that has used the classes and found that it was great to get me off my lazy bum and to start moving!
edit on 4-7-2012 by MojaveBurning because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

I haven't tried Body Attack. I'm concerned that it might be a bit too fast for me, and a bit too 'jumpy'. I have weak ankles and always get slightly worried when it comes to squat jacks etc.
I get seriously anxious when I haven't been to a class in a while, and I come out feeling light as air and amazing.

My routine usually consists of Combat mondays, thursdays and fridays, Balance on the wednesdays. Sometimes either the monday or the wednesday I go to Aquafit instead.
I've tried Step, but I came down twice in a row on the same ankle and decided I should probably not try that again haha.
Our gym is having a new swimming pool being built. I'm looking forward to finishing an awesome session then cooling off in the pool and doing a few laps.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Body attack is quite jumpy. BUT, they do have modified moves. Like instead of jumping out for jacks, you can step out. Being overweight, the jumpy is a bit much for me too, so I just use a lot of the modified moves. It's still effective, and I think it's even harder than body combat. It actually reminds me a lot of p90x. But it sure does wonders for the esteem when you actually make it through the class!

I wish my gym had a pool!!!
edit on 4-7-2012 by MojaveBurning because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Ah right, thats ok then. If I feel a bit weak in the knees when it comes to jacks I usually just run on the spot. Some people march but I prefer to keep it up tempo to keep the heart rate up.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I've done Body Pump- felt like I was in a Nazi boot camp. lol But I enjoyed it. Kicked my butt the first few times until my body adjusted. I remember doing something like jumping jacks while curling barbells then shifting immediately into lunges with barbell overhead presses while maintaining aerobic speed. All sorts of crazy weight training + aerobics for one hour. Thought I was going to pass out the first few times. lol

And also Body Flow (didn't see that in your list). A lot more gentle and a blend of yoga/Pilates/and t'ai chi.

Great programs and fun classes- I just felt like a doofus until I got a hang of it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I haven't heard of Body Flow. What's that like? My gym doesn't hold a class for that.
I haven't tried Body Pump, the times the classes are held aren't suitable for my day to day timetable lol.

top topics

join