It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metatron's cube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
hey everybody, I just thought some of you would find this interesting. it's a quick video discussing the awesome properties of Metatrons cube.

here some links to more on the actual being known as Metatron wich I find very interesting. en.wikipedia.org...
www.triumphpro.com...
this next one goes into more physics and math and even stargates at the end
www.in5d.com...

and metatron is said to be the brother of sandolphan en.wikipedia.org... who some say was the prophet Elijah before he was brought up in a chariot of god, wich I found to be an interesting chapter in the bible. Elijah transfered his power or a portion of his spirit by touch over to his freind Elisha. the acount can be found here

Elijah told Elisha that the Lord had sent him to Bethel, but Elisha would not leave him. (II Kings 2:2) Then Elijah announced that he was going to Jericho. Again Elisha said, "As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee." (II Kings 2:4) When Elijah got to Jordan, he took his mantle, wrapped it together and smote the waters and they were divided. Elijah and Elisha went over on dry ground. When they walked over, Elijah said unto Elisha, "Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee." Elisha said, "I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me." Then Elijah said, "If thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall be not so." Consequently, Elisha stayed with Elijah until Elijah was taken into Heaven. II Kings 2:11-13, "And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into Heaven. And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces. He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan." Then Elisha took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him and parted the same waters that Elijah had parted. II Kings 2:14, "And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the Lord God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over."

and Metatron was also a character in the transformers wich also talks allegoricly about fallen angel's and cube's like the one at kaaba that fell from the sky but that's a whole other thread I might start.
edit on 4-7-2012 by hopethishelps because: I added something

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The Transformer you are referring to was actually called Megatron... not Metatron... good attempt at a link though!

Interesting thread... pity it's runied by a load of religious dogma and ramblings....

Hey ho, welcome to the party...

PA

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly
The Transformer you are referring to was actually called Megatron... not Metatron... good attempt at a link though!

Interesting thread... pity it's runied by a load of religious dogma and ramblings....

Hey ho, welcome to the party...

PA

I dont see what your point in replying was then.

Metatrons cube is highly interesting, very interesting properties on the sacred geometric level. I would like to point out that metatrons cube is also part of 'the flower of life', and comes from the flower of life pattern (which is the pattern for all life in the universe). I don't know much about it but when i get a chance i'll watch the video. Regardless of the religious aspects of it, there are lots of things to learn from holy books, Just like any other text on the planet, it has its interesting properties and hidden meanings.

Flower of life

edit on 4/7/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

You DO realize that the thread is full of religious connotation because Metatron is a Jewish concept, right?

Don't let your disdain of religion cloud your ability to discuss intelligently. I used to be atheist. I generally regard atheists as deists who just haven't thought enough about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I strongly suspect that Jesus Christ was the incarnation and embodiment, of Metatron.

Intriguingly, in the legend of Metatron, he at one point willingly recieved 30 lashes from the other angels for being so strong and powerful, as a demonstration of weakness, and to show that he was subject to God and a servant to all.

I'll have to go look that up and post it.

When we look at the phi ratio and the human form at the apex of an eternal evolutionary process, this idea becomes less far fetched than one might imagine at first glance.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

If that is true you would have to ask yourself if Christianity and Judaism have any relation at all. Angels displaying jealousy and violence is not typical of the Christian faith as displayed in the New Testament.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Except the idea that a perfected Human Being is the embodiment of the Tree of Life in Jewish Mysticism, from root to crown, and to the twin pillars of a severe justice, and a tender mercy. Jesus Christ and his Magnum Opus has the Tree of Life written all over him.

Metatron is the same thing, as the culmination of the Seed, Flower and Tree of Life.

There is a correlation.

Also, the story about Metatron getting 30 lashes for being "God", that's a myth/metaphor, but I'll have to go searching to find it. What's most intriguing is that the myth may have played itself out in human history..

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hopethishelps

first, the transformer character is MeGatron, not Metatron.

second, Metatron is just a metaphor for the first principle or universal causation, relative to sandalphon which refers to universal manifestation; hence, Sandal i.e. the foot, which is the lowest part of the body, relative to metatron, which can be derived from the aramaic word 'mattara' - "keeper of the watch" i.e. the "head"...

To make further sense of this analogy between head and sandal, the human body is regarded as the microcosm, or miniature of the universe (macrocosm); thus, the most essential and anterior state is correlated with the head of the body, or more precisely, the crown, whereas the last level of spiritual evolution is associated with the foot, or the heel; or in the case of manifestation itself (the world we live in, the world of appearance) a vehicle for the body itself, i.e. a sandal.

It's all just metaphysics that some people take a bit too literally.
edit on 4-7-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Archangel Metatron is said to be the keeper of the Akashic Records, which is also known as the "Book of Life". He is unusual, though not unique, in being described as having been a mortal human (Enoch) "promoted" to the angelic realm. Archangel Metatron is said to be the twin of Archangel Sandalphon (previously the biblical human Elijah).

According to The Third Book of Enoch, an ancient document thought to have been written in the 2nd century AD and also known by other names, the biblical character Enoch (son of Jared, Genesis 5 v18) was transformed into the angel Metatron audio extract.

" This Enoch, whose flesh was turned to flame, his veins to fire, his eye-lashes to flashes of lightning, his eye-balls to flaming torches, and whom God placed on a throne next to the throne of glory, received after this heavenly transformation the name Metatron."

from en.wikipedia.org... citing Gershom G. Scholem, Major Trends in Jewish Mysticism (1941/1961), Extract of 3 Enoch.

Note: The book featured opposite is the closest we could find to that cited. Although the title and author match we have not checked for this specific quotation in the edition shown. Your comments are welcome.

Archangel Metatron is fascinating, has been written about for approaching 2000 years, and has been credited with a wide range of roles, responsibilities and contributions to humanity. For example, according to Rabbinic tradition and writings Archangel Metatron is the most senior angel and serves as a scribe. The influential German scholar and autority on Hebrew and Semitic language, Johann Andreas Eisenmenger (1654-1704) presented Metatron as transmitting daily "orders from God" to other angels, and according to Samael Aun Weor (1917-1977), a Mexican spiritual leader and founder of the 'Universal Christian Gnostic Movement' Archangel Metatron brought provided humanity with the 22 Hebrew letters and the original Tarot to humanity.

The name "Metatron" does not have the usual suffix "el" meaning "in God" and so is not as straighforward to translate or interpret as those of most of the other archangels and many other angels. Another exception to the general rule that the names of archangels end in "-el" is Archangel Sandalphon. Suggested meanings of the name "Metatron" include "Angel of the Presence" and "Next to the Throne of God".

The myths of Metatron are extremely complicated, and at least two separate versions exist. The first version states he came into being when God created the world, and immediately assumed his many responsibilities. The second claims that he was first a human named Enoch, a pious, good man who had ascended to Heaven a few times, and eventually was transformed into a fiery angel. Some later books adopt the first version, some the second, and in other literature both are combined. There are even two versions of the name Metatron, one spelled with seven letters, the other with six, lacking the Hebrew letter "yod." The Kabbalists explained that the six-letter name represents the Enoch-related Metatron, while the seven-letter name refers to the primordial Metatron. Despite the elaborate debate, the origin of Metatron's name is not clear. Many attempts have been made to explain it, but none of them is satisfactory, since the word has no real meaning or root in any language. Some authors think it may be derived from private meditations and visions, or even glossolalia. This article concentrates on the Metatron-Enoch version

Metatron is one of the most important angels in the heavenly hierarchy. He is a member of a special group that is permitted to look at God's countenance, an honor most angels do not share. In the literature, Metatron is often referred to as "the Prince of the Countenance."

In the Babylonian Talmud, Metatron is mentioned only three times, but the references are important. All three relate to the problem of Metatron's immense power, which may have caused some people to confuse him with God. In later literature he was even mentioned as the "lesser Yahweh" -- a serious blasphemy for the strictly Monotheistic Judaism. Later, some authors tried to resolve the issue by showing how the Hebrew letters of the name of a mythical predecessor, the angel Yahoel (later to be entirely identified with Metatron), were the same letters as those in the name of Yahweh. Another legend states that God himself named him so, out of affection. A fascinating legend tells of a particularly interesting and famous Jewish heretic, Elisha ben Avuyah, who saw Metatron sitting by God's side, occupying the same type of throne. This made Elisha suspect that two equal powers operated in the universe -- God and Metatron. The legend continues to explain that he made a false assumption, which indeed cost Elisha his position within the Jewish community. According to these scholars, God permitted Metatron to sit because, as God's scribe, he recorded the good deeds of the Nation of Israel. This story works very well with two of Metatron's many heavenly tasks: a scribe and an advocate, defending the Nation of Israel in the heavenly court.

Enoch, a pious teacher, scribe and leader of his people, is famed for the part he took in the tragedy of the fallen angels (see Watchers). Living during a time of great sins, around the flood, he had visited Heaven more than once. However, the time was ripe for a most significant trip. One night, two angels woke him up and commanded him to prepare for his journey. They took him on their wings, and showed him all the Heavens and their inhabitants, including a side trip to Paradise and to the place of punishment and torture of the sinners, which strangely enough was located not too far from paradise. He observed the activity of the sun and the moon, and made a visit of consolation to rebellious angels, the Grigori, succeeding in bringing them closer to God. After the tour, the great Angels Gabriel and Michael lead him straight to God's Throne.

Sitting next to God, Enoch was instructed in wisdom, and using his skills as a scribe, prepared three hundred and sixty-six books. When he learned everything, a most significant thing happened. God revealed to him great secrets -- some of which are even kept secret from the angels! These included the secrets of Creation, the duration of time the world will survive, and what will happen after its demise. At the end of these discussions, Enoch returned to earth for a limited time, to instruct everyone, including his sons, in all he learned. After thirty days, the angels returned him to Heaven.

And then the divine transformation took place. Additional wisdom and spiritual qualities caused Enoch's height and breadth to become equal to the height and breadth of the earth. God attached thirty-six wings to his body, and gave him three hundred and sixty-five eyes, each as bright as the sun. His body turned into celestial fire -- flesh, veins, bones, hair, all metamorphosed to glorious flame. Sparks emanated from him, and storms, whirlwind, and thunder encircled his form. The angels dressed him in magnificent garments, including a crown, and arranged his throne. A heavenly herald proclaimed that from then on his name would no longer be Enoch, but Metatron, and that all angels must obey him, as second only to God.

Additional and excellent info here
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I was wrong, it was 60 fiery lashes, which some interpretations of the myth say were to prove that Metatron was not God because he could be punished by God, although here, below, we see that the 60 fiery lashes may have other meanings.

Of him [Elisha ben Abuya, a mystic turned heretic] Scripture says: Suffer not thy mouth to bring thy flesh into guilt. What does it refer to? – He [Elisha, while on an ecstatic journey through the heavenly palaces] saw that permission was granted to Metatron to sit and write down the merits of Israel. Said he: It is taught as a tradition that on high there is no sitting and no emulation, and no back, and no weariness. Perhaps, – God forfend! – there are two divinities! [Thereupon] they [the angels of discipline] led Metatron forth, and punished him with sixty fiery lashes, saying to him: Why didst thou not rise before him when thou didst see him? (Hagigah 15a)
Clearly these lashes were a supernal punishment on a spirit, not a curse directed at a human. The Sefer Zohar also links the phenomenon to Metatron, for it describes pulsei de-nura as a harsh yet generative and protective attribute of the Shekhinah,

A single Youth ["Youth" = Metatron - see my entry, "Metatron: Anomalous Angel of the Countenance"], extending from one end of the world to the other, emerges from between her legs with sixty strokes of fire, decked in colors [the rainbow, a visible sign of the Shekhinah?]. This one is empowered over those below in Her four directions. [I:223b]

It has been taught: Radiance of those sixty surrounding her is etched on the Youth, and we call these 'sixty lashes of fire,' in which he is clothed in the aspect of the Shekhinah, blazing judgment, as it is written, ...sixty warriors surrounding her (Song of Songs, 3:7) (Zohar II:66b-67a).

The one time we see the lashes appear on Asiyah, on the plane of human action, is in Zohar II:51b, also associated with the Shekhinah:

As for this: The Angel of Elohim [who was going before the camp of Israel]...on one side she [Shekhinah, the pillar of cloud] was arrayed in crowns of Hesed [love]...On the second side, she was arrayed in lances of Gevurah [power], in sixty lashes of fire...[1]

So evidently pulsa de-nura is a celestial-angelic force/process/attribute related to Metatron, one that births, protects, and maintains discipline among the supernal denizens. In some readings it seems to be akin to the concept of yesurim shel ahavah [divine chastisements of love] and may even flow down to the human domain in the form of strict justice

ejmmm2007.blogspot.ca...

Edit to add: Jesus in recognizing John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah seemed to recognize himself as a type of Elisha, whereby the unfulfilled promise of a double dose of spirit at the bank of the Jordan River (see the OP) was fullfilled..!

Matthew 3:13-17: Then Jesus came from Gaalilee to John at the Jordan River to be baptized by him. And John tried to prevent Him, saying, "I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me"? But Jesus answered and said to him, "Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then He allowed him. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

Originally posted by hopethishelps
When they walked over, Elijah said unto Elisha, "Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee." Elisha said, "I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me."

Originally posted by etshrtslr
And the disciples asked him, saying, "Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?"

But he answered them and said, "Elijah indeed is to come and will restore all things. But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they wished. So also shall the Son of Man suffer at their hand."
Then the disciples understood that he had spoken of John the Baptist." (Matt. 17:10-13)

P.S. This topic is as much about spiritual/psychological Metaphysics as it is Faith, Religion and Theology..

edit on 4-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
NewAgeMan may be right if you look at the second link in my post. here are some qoutes from that site.

Thus Metatron is the same personage as Melchizedek – and the apostle Paul identifies Melchizedek as none other than the One who became Jesus Christ! Paul writes that Melchizedek, to whom Abraham paid a tithe of all (Gen.14:18-20), was “without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but MADE LIKE the Son of God, REMAINS a priest continually” (Heb.7:1-3).

This Being says He was the One who revealed the Divine Name to Moses at the burning bush – the “Angel of the Lord” (Exodus 3:2-6, 13-15). The other angels, according to the account in 3 Enoch, did not think mankind should have knowledge of the full meaning of the name YHWH or YHVH – YAHVEH. They said, “Why are you revealing it to flesh and blood?”

Metatron said to them when they questioned Him about it, “Because the Omnipotent One has given me the authority from the high and exalted throne, from which all the sacred names proceed with fiery lightnings.” He goes on, “But their minds were not set at ease until the Holy One, blessed be he, rebuked them and drove them out of his presence with a rebuke, saying to them, ‘I wished, I desired, I ordered it, and entrusted it to my servant Metatron alone, because he is unique among all the denizens of the heights. Metatron brought it out from my storehouses and committed it to Moses, and Moses to Joshua, Joshua to the Elders, the Elders to the Prophets . . .’” (48D:8-10).

Metatron is another name for the Angel of the LORD – the One who appeared to Moses and said, categorically, “I AM WHO I AM. And He said, ‘Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, “I AM has sent me to you.”’ Moreover God said to Moses . . . This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations” (Exodus 3:13-15).

Jesus Christ said plainly that this great individual was He Himself. He told the Pharisees, “Mose assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM” (John 8:58).

There is no question, no doubt at all, that Jesus Christ pre-existed His human form as the Logos, the Word of God, the Angel of the Lord, Melchisedek, the Son of God, and Metatron – the “Lesser YHVH.” He bore God’s name – He was God’s “Son,” from the beginning of Creation, “the image of the invisible God, the FIRSTBORN over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible” (Col.1:15-16).

pretty interesting. thats all from the second link and there was more on there that was in a layout i couldn't quote

top topics

join