It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 'Education' underway in the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
www.state.nj.us...

I did post this PDF of the New Jersey curriculum already but it hardly recieved much comment where I posted it, hence I am posting it here to try and get some more exposure on it. I think it is is a very important development in America and the shape of things to come.

It is a perfect example of how history in schools is molded through the use of indoctrination and propaganda, children in the US are now being taught that the 'official' version of 9/11 is the true version and America since has helped spread democracy around the world.

Indoctrination at such an early age is essential for a corrupt system to preserve itself as these children will be the the future generations of the country.

The curriculum also has entire sections on-

- Giving up civil liberties in the name of national security

- Understanding terrorists and how anybody, from woman and children, can potentially be terrorists. When you combine it with the ever evolving NDAA, it paints one scary picture of the future in the US.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
So we should indoctrinate them with conspiracy theories? Which one? There is like 10 of them.

My history teacher played us loose change in my 10th grade history class in 2007

edit on 4-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

S+F for exposure, nursery rhymes have indocrtanated us for decades, we do it for them when we sing these seemingly harmless songs with our children. Agendas are moving forward and the education is changed to suit.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
children in the US are now being taught that the 'official' version of 9/11 is the true version

So you would prefer that they are taught truther fairy tales..... which ones exactly?

Mini nuclear weapons, holographic planes, star wars beam weapons, hushaboom explosives, pod carrying missile firing aircraft....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
They even have three different songs to sing with the kids. They're a laying it on thick aren't they.

I think this will eventually backfire. As the kids get older they are bound to hear about different theories than the OS. When they ask their teacher questions that still aren't answered it will cause more trouble in the classroom.

I'm sure not all the teachers will agree with these lessons either. I guess we'll see.

Who is this Hank Fellows ?

The Spirit of America
Words & Music by
Hank Fellows

Halfway To Heaven
(A 9-11 Tribute)
Words & Music by
Hank Fellows

One Heart, One Voice
Words and Music by
Hank Fellows

edit on 7/4/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

The official story could be the truth, but the whole war on terrorism thing was manufactured to control the people, not to beat the terrorists. I bet they don't teach them that.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor
So you would prefer that they are taught truther fairy tales..... which ones exactly?

Mini nuclear weapons, holographic planes, star wars beam weapons, hushaboom explosives, pod carrying missile firing aircraft....

The official story is a conspiracy theory, shill, and the "hushaboom" explosives exist. Proof is on ATS.
edit on 4-7-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

And the holographic planers disagree with you. They'd say the proof is on ATS as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If I was a teacher, the chapter on terrorism should be very small. On the other end, deception... and or the danger of your television

According to the report, the number of U.S. citizens who died in terrorist attacks increased by two between 2010 and 2011; overall, a comparable number of Americans are crushed to death by their televisions or furniture each year. This is not to diminish the real--albeit shrinking--threat of terrorism, or to minimize the loss and suffering of the 13,000 killed and over 45,000 injured around the world. For Americans, however, it should emphasize that an irrational fear of terrorism is both unwarranted and a poor basis for public policy decisions.

readersupportednews.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by ALF88

And the holographic planers disagree with you. They'd say the proof is on ATS as well.

Holographic technology does exist. Was it used on 9/11? I don't know. We all don't!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Maybe they should teach them both sides of the argument and let them make their own minds up.
Most people believe in the official story because most people don't research the events of 9/11.

The majority of people who do the research change their views as its blatantly obvious the official story what the media and government fed the people was a lie.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

how about a truth that building seven fell also that day?

its not nearly as detailed in the 911 commission report as

protocol & simple respect would dictate for the history books..

we can start with that one, hows that?

simple fact right? you can say it.. a "truth", correct?

of course it is..

now you can sling mud on yourself for being a "911 truther""..

see how name calling can back fire on you?

there are those Americans that are yet to believe that building fell..

because they never made it to read that single sentence in the book..

and it doesn't say anything more than that.. "oh yeah, this huge building also fell"

"if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with B___ $___"

thats what my Grandpa used to say..

and that is exactly what that report is..

simple fact is..

that you, as an American.. can not, in good conscious..

stand behind anything in the 911 commission report..

when Thomas H Kean, himself said..

“We to this day don’t know why NORAD [the North American Aerospace Command] told us what they told us,” said Thomas H. Kean, the former New Jersey Republican governor who led the commission. “It was just so far from the truth. . . . It’s one of those loose ends that never got tied.”

so why you would support teaching children half truths & flat out omissive lies is beyond me..

they are just as silly as some of the things you mentioned..

"the planes squished together in the blink of an eye, yet a passport fell a hundred stories

down on the ground, still legible, and it is of one of the hijackers".. seriously?

regardless, there are plenty of high tech ways, which are plausible..

without going off the deep end, which actually happened on 911...

to still uncover.. without having to brainwash entire generations..

we have been through this before in America.

Have you ever seen the bullet on display that hit Governor Connally while in the limousine

while JFK was shot?
yeah, its whole. intact. Even though we know he had pieces removed from his wrist & thigh, but later also there was controversy over exhuming his body to recover the rest.. it was found on a stretcher that wasn't even his yet went down in history as "THE bullet". its a lie, but written as fact. it doesn't matter anyone can see the bullet is mildly deformed from simply being fired, let alone hitting a bone or all the crazy magic bullet theory madness.. there is simply not anything removed visibly enough to question whether its part of the same bullet fragments lodged also in Connallys wrist & thigh. it can not be. therefore more than 3 bullets. more than one shooter.

The American people are tired of all the lies and I for one

do not support indoctrinating the masses at public brainwashing schools, thank you.

too much of that has gone on for long enough.

its well past time for truth in America....

In matters of style, swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a rock.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

edit on 4-7-2012 by reeferman because: video

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

How about the one where president of the US stopped investigation of the very possible Saudi connection, and started a war on 3rd party countries for oil interests, and didn't really want to catch the man who was thought to be the organizer of the attacks, but was never really officially accused of it. But was used as an excuse to start a war.

How about the one where the next president ordered the same man killed in front of his family, without ever giving him a trial, a chance to defend himself. Something a country, that preaches democracy and "innocent until proven guilty", should have done. Now that would be spreading democracy.

How about the one where many 9/11 commission members spoke about being prevented by the white house from conducting a valid investigation ?

Those and many others are all interesting stories...those should also be a part of the educational program.

I wonder if they mention it. Or they deem it not important to the "truth".

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The alternative would be not teaching the subject at all. At least this way some students will look up the subject. How many people believe today that JFK was assassinated by a lone gunman?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

How many people believe today that JFK was assassinated by a lone gunman?

That's in part thanks to Oliver Stone and Kevin Costner.

Not because of what is taught in public schools.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
People, it is no suprise what is being taught.

It is just an example of how education teaches children lies and uses propaganda, it is an essential part of any government really to indoctrinate the youth.

Many people don't like it, but that is the reality.

It's not just teaching kids the 'official story' of 9/11, it is teaching them that America has spread democaracy worldwide and is at the forefront of the 'just' 'war on terror', it is has chapters on chemical weapons and the effects of nerve gas, it is creating a paranoid population who can see anyone as a threat.

It has sections on 'domestic terrorists' who are against the government, and how their ideas can lead to being a terrorist- it is indoctrination of the highest order.

It works by limiting options- hence to be against the government- or to speak out against the government can lead to being a terrorist (which is a lie, people should have the freedom to speak out if they disagree with the government), leaving the only alternative to support the government and be proud to be American and that it is OK to give up your freedoms for security.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You make some great points.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't think it's that simple for a high school teacher to choose to teach a conspiracy theory about 9/11 to their students. Teachers are expected to follow state curriculum's and to teach something outside the assigned textbook could put the teacher in hot water. I'm sure school and board administrators would frown upon it and probably put a stop to it.

Think about students going home and telling their parents that 9/11 was a government cover-up. If the parents strongly supported the official story, they could lodge a complaint against the teacher for teaching conspiracy theories revolving 9/11on to their son or daughter instead of teaching the official story.

Colleges and universities have more latitude on what they can teach than high school teachers.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's all very bizare.

None of the Units seem to have any correlation to their titles.

One lesson about the historical context of terrorism is all about....walls??

So what walls will be discussed you may ask? Perhaps the Berlin Wall or possibly the wall errected by the Israelis in the West Bank?

No sir, we're going to discuss Wall Street and our memorial walls such as the Vietnam War Memorial!

Next week's units include:

- The removal and slaughter of the Native Americans

- The overthrow of democratic regimes and the support of brutal tyrants and dictators.

- What is hypocrisy?

- The USA is the greatest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join