It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higgs live feed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by roughycannon

All I need now is someone to decipher his tweets that are helping others understand what they're talking about!

Oo

They think they've isolated this teeny tiny little particle thing that goes into making up the parts of an atom (makes up the protons, electrons and neutrons, so even smaller then they are, even more basic then the quarks). It's called a boson and a particular boson, the Higgs Boson is the one responsible for matter (stuff) existing. They think they've been able to witness it in that big machine they built and it can mean that all the theoretical physicists will have a lot of work to do in trying to apply it toward something now, figuring out the universe and all that cool jazz

So, it's the "dream" that "stuff" is made up (as opposed to the stuff that dreams are made of)

(very VERY over-simplified, so for the science folk, don't jump on me about it, he wanted a simple answer and that's as simple as I can put it without making it crazy complicated to help other non-scientific folks understand kinda what's going on)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Well stuff would still exist without the boson in some capacity. It just gives them mass which then in turn, simply, gives them a certain speed.

...(I think).
edit on 4/7/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by InFriNiTee

Are you kidding? This information is priceless. We putting the pieces together of how it all began. What more could you ask for?

Then what do we do with it?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by roughycannon

All I need now is someone to decipher his tweets that are helping others understand what they're talking about!

Oo

I'd tell you, but its too heavy....

I'll let myself out.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Very cool, thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join