It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick and tired of Republicans in congress saying no to infrastructure spending

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
And this is why> news.yahoo.com...

Tax the 1% to high heaven and fix America NOW!

I'm sick of ignorant inbred white [snip] evangelicals who are going to get a lot of Americans killed on U.S. highways because of their twisted political and economic ideologies that is all due to their eyes being glued to Fox"propaganda"News aka conman productions 24/7.

edit on 4/7/12 by masqua because: edited uncivil comment

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hmm, on the left huh? That's cool, I agree with ya, we need to fix our infrastructure.

I see you're in Detroit, so, how is long term Democrat/leftist control treating you there? Detroit doing good? Got good roads? No poverty? No crime? Probably not cause you have there, a leftist utopia.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

I'm sick of ignorant inbred white tea bag evangelicals who are going to get a lot of Americans killed on U.S. highways because of their twisted political and economic ideologies that is all due to their eyes being glued to Fox"propaganda"News aka conman productions 24/7.

The heat wave that's scorched many U.S. states caused the road to buckle, according to WISN. The two passengers in the SUV were not seriously hurt, walking away unscathed.

source: news.yahoo.com...

You must be winning Charlie Sheen style is all I can surmise.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
From the Op's article

The heat wave that's scorched many U.S. states caused the road to buckle,

This has nothing to do with with infrastructure spending

I do agree we should be doing more, especially bridges to start, I believe there is more than enough tax money already. At the state level, the gas taxes are not directing it all back to infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hows those Obama "shovel ready Jobs" treating ya ?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

They have to bail out the bankers and give mega corps tax payers money. There is no left and right in this country, they all represent their corporate campaign donors and not we the people. They focus on social issues like gay marriage to give the illusion of difference.

edit on 4-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I like how you come off at the beginning of your post with such racist talk.

I guess you think its ok though for whatever reason.

anyways.

Im sick of people complaining about spending when the only means they can come up with to pay for it is to rob it from everyone else.

Government doesnt create jobs these days. They destroy them. Then they implant their own genetically modified people into the equation- then BAM! You get Obama and Romney voters.
Rinse-Repeat.

All the while - people like me who are sick of all of them- watch both sides do whatever they can to ruin what is left of a once great nation. We speak-they agree most of the time- but then fall back in line.

Yea I vote- but the majority of people "informed" these days ,makes it real easy for me to choose someone whom I know will lose.

Call it what you will- but IMO people really are sheep.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
As a conservative, in the 'traditional' sense (the small government kind of conservative) roads and highways are something I'd prefer they privatize. But, unfortunately, Republicans, by and large, are not that kind of conservative.

Here is a lecture from anarcho-capitalist philosopher / economist Walter Block.

His argument is primarily on the grounds that privatization should occur because:
1. it is the moral thing to do because around 40,000 people die every year on public roads and private roads would allow people to choose safer roads, ones that don't allow dangerous or drunk drivers from entering it for instance and,
2. because of the inefficiency of government at keeping things maintained
edit on 4-7-2012 by LittleJuniorMe because: fixing an error in spacing.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Didnt they already print hundreds of billions of dollars to take care of the infrastructure a few years back? Where did that money go?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
they are stalling any recovery at any cost

so they can get mittens in and protect the wealthy

makes you warm and fuzzy, right ?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
YEAH, MAN. Infrastructure like that Keystone pipeline, which would benefit the U.S. and our northern neighbors. I can't believe those damn Republicans are always blocking everyth....... Oh, wait...

Yeah, but for the last two years of Bush and the first two years of Obama, those damn Republicans stood in the way of all the good the Democrats tried to accomplish! Oh, wait... Who had the majority in both houses?

Seriously stop and think, man. If the President and Congress really wanted to do anything, other than enrich themselves and their buddies, they would just do it. Their public focus is one thing; to get votes, in order to stay in power and control.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
Hmm, on the left huh? That's cool, I agree with ya, we need to fix our infrastructure.

I see you're in Detroit, so, how is long term Democrat/leftist control treating you there? Detroit doing good? Got good roads? No poverty? No crime? Probably not cause you have there, a leftist utopia.

if we had such a leftist liberal government, why are so many corporations making record profits? why have so many laws been passed that helps the already-wealthy? why have the top 1% done so much better that the bottom 99%? you're tired old arguement is nothing but a sham, and a big lie.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It looks like Congress passed that highway funding last week.

June 29, 2012 -- Wall Street Journal

WASHINGTON—Congress passed legislation to renew funding for highways, freeze the interest rate on government-backed student loans and extend federal flood insurance.

With three popular programs under threat in an election year, Democrats and Republicans in both chambers worked together Friday to meet July deadlines. President Barack Obama signed the package of legislation into law Friday.

"There is still much more Congress can do to create jobs and grow the economy, and the president will keep up pressure," press secretary Jay Carney said in a statement.

The $120 billion transportation package renews until October 2014 the formula by which the federal government contributes its share of spending on roads, bridges and other infrastructure projects. Typically, state and local governments determine which transportation projects receive funding, with the federal government distributing public funds to help cover the costs.
Congress Passes Bill on Highways, Student Loans and Flood Insurance

Is $120 Billion enough ??

How much will that bring in ??
Will it pay the Democrat / Obama binge deficit ??

I'm sick of ignorant inbred white tea bag evangelicals who are going to get a lot of Americans killed on U.S. highways because of their twisted political and economic ideologies that is all due to their eyes being glued to Fox"propaganda"News aka conman productions 24/7.

I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is a statement to agitate and bring out the "real" McCoy's ...

I will assume you are a Republican.

Good proding

Get ready for Romney Two Term

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
YEAH, MAN. Infrastructure like that Keystone pipeline, which would benefit the U.S. and our northern neighbors. I can't believe those damn Republicans are always blocking everyth....... Oh, wait...

Yeah, but for the last two years of Bush and the first two years of Obama, those damn Republicans stood in the way of all the good the Democrats tried to accomplish! Oh, wait... Who had the majority in both houses?

Seriously stop and think, man. If the President and Congress really wanted to do anything, other than enrich themselves and their buddies, they would just do it. Their public focus is one thing; to get votes, in order to stay in power and control.

really? the keystone pipeline will benefit the U.S.?...tell you what, if every republican congressman in the states it runs through, moves their family to live next to it, i'm all for it.
edit on 4-7-2012 by jimmyx because: context

edit on 4-7-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

What conservative utopia do you inhabit?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
now if we could just get romney to pay his taxes on those off-shore cayman island accounts, it would help out. but, why would we deny a presidential canidate the ability to hide income offshore? i guess he's just not as patriotic as the rest of you republican taxpayers are.
edit on 4-7-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2012 by jimmyx because: bad language

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
And this is why> news.yahoo.com...

I'm sick of ignorant inbred white [snip] evangelicals who are going to get a lot of Americans killed on U.S. highways because of their twisted political and economic ideologies that is all due to their eyes being glued to Fox"propaganda"News aka conman productions 24/7.

edit on 4/7/12 by masqua because: edited uncivil comment

What is infastructure to you.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You do know taxing the rich will not solve the problem right? Taxing the rich at Obama's level and/or beyond will only generate enough $$$ the same as Obama's stimulus package $800 Billion. That's it!

What happens when we run out of other people's money?

I'm sick of the ignorant leftists who think the rich don't pay their fair share. THEY DO!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yes, by itself infrastructure spending will benefit the country, but not really in the sense of government creating long term jobs. Infrastructure spending will keep people employed for a long as the money lasts, once that dries up people go back to being unemployed.

Also, go ahead and tax the hell out of the rich, your still not going to solve the financial problems. Yes, close loopholes that allow corporations to stop paying taxes, stop bailing out too big to fails....still not good enough. You also must eliminate wasteful entitlement programs the government has no business in. The way I see it, these threads turn into left - revenue problem and the right - spending problem. In my opinion it is both, and until both are addressed, nothing is going to change.

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
they are stalling any recovery at any cost

so they can get mittens in and protect the wealthy

makes you warm and fuzzy, right ?

Both parties are stalling, both are incapable of solving the problems we are facing. We just go through this back and forth crap time and time again.....and nothing changes, at least till everything falls apart.
edit on 1-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with right/left propaganda.

I actually work in construction engineering. By instinct, I always look at the bridges, roads, aquaducts, etc. I can see the states of disrepair.

Here is the thing. Not all of them are "life and death" situations. Some are...but not all. Some are just vital links of commerce. It will be far cheaper to address the problems now than later. Money is cheap now...it might not be so cheap next year or the year after.

I know everyone like to jump on that bandwagon it's a "government job agenda"...no it's not. If the bridges going across the Mississippi start having to be downgraded and allowable loads lightened...then the truck have to travel further...using more fuel...increasing product costs. if they "drop"...then some people will have to travel miles to get around...not so good in the case of an emergency.

As a professional in the field, I can say...without a doubt...it will be cheaper to fix and repair now than to allow the infrastructure to continue to decline and eventually have to be completely replaced...in many cases, it's already to late and bridges are going to have to be rebuilt. Some waterlines are in such bad shape, the leak more than they deliver....and it only gets worse, nothing ever fixes itself or "improves" over time.
edit on 1-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join