It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Independence Day America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It is like the story "The Emperor Wears No Clothes". We have become so spoiled and blind, unwilling to speak the truth. God Bless those who tell it like it is. This minority has the true spirit of America. The love it or leave it crowd are sheep. Sheep ate my patriotism.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What independence?

All the government does is regulate everything all to hell and take everything away.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

^^^ THIS! ^^^

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i do like this quote for off-site on the page that was linked for free speech

"My friend asked if i was free this weekend?"
"Of course I am, This is America!"

awesome

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

star and flag from LJ01

It amazes me how immature people are. Just look at half of the posts on your thread.

I am thankful of my ancestors for giving me this oppertunity to live in this nation. I appreciate all of the services for their service and I hope that the future will be better for my children.

It really is a shame that some just cannot grow up a little bit and really appreciate what we do have.

Happy 4th of July all.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poppycock
PUKE! You must be joking right?

America: founded on genocide and slavery...WHOOPPEE!!!

No actually the nation was founded upon the idea of freedom. Free from being taxed without representation.

Free from the church and the government sleeping in the same bed together.

The idea that each person is responsible for themselves and the idea government should be very small and very limited.

Thats what this nation was founded upon. It's too freaking bad none of those ideas still ring true in this nation.

Your comment is indicative of a very shallow and perhaps dysfunctional mind.

You'd fit in great with all of those retards spewing the same thing on twitter today.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It is not record unemployment. Gods your a drama queen.

And people without power are not without hope. Just sucks to have to wait till Friday.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Happy 4th of July my American cousins!

Hope the celebrations takes your minds off the crap going down, even for a short while..

God Bless America

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Thank YOU!! I wanted to see fireworks, but gotta work today.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
It is not the government or the corporations that has destroyed this nation. It is WE THE PEOPLE. We decide which politicians to elect. We decide which corporations will live or die. I ask, for a nation that loves to blame politicians for taking us down the wrong path, why do we always seem to reelect the same ones we BLAME? For corporations that we say control our government decision's, why do we continue to buy their PRODUCTS?

The reality is that we are all a bunch of complainers who lay blame on everybody but ourselves. We complain, complain, and complain more and in the end we merely fall in line.

WE THE PEOPLE
Happy Fourth of July

and if you believe a vote still counts or matters for the common citizen, then sorry to say you are way behind the times man. it's all rigged, and we are all lied to on a daily basis by our government, and media. try to look past the white wash.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Celebrate it while your country still allows it

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Happy Independence Day America

You are Welcome
From the UK

Cran

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Going to have a good time tonight. Hopefully I wont get as burned as much as last year, but we will see...
edit on 4-7-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Happy Independence Day, USA ... I am proud to have served you!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Let’s be frank, and honest.

Our schools do not educate, they indoctrinate. They do not stimulate critical individual thought and analysis, they encourage conformity, and reward incompetence and stupidity.

Our courts do not uphold justice, and clearly are co-opted, and are unable and/or unwilling to maintain the clear intention of the constitution. They throw poor people into privately owned prisons for smoking marijuana while the plutocriminals in the banks and corporations which perpetrated clear fraud in the mortgage crisis that led to the current financial mess walk free and get millions of dollars in bonuses. One party says we need more regulation. Its current sock puppet in the White House is supported by billionaire George Soros. The “other” party cries loudly against “regulation of free markets” and is running a millionaire…but more about these two jokers in a moment.

Our military has become the compliant servant of an ever-more-rapacious empire, bent on bending the entire world to the oligarchs that really run this country. Our “war on terror” has become part of the terror, now with our very own Americanized version of the Venetian Council of Ten, an oligarchical “star chamber” composed of hidden individuals drawing up assassination lists subject to the approval of the president, who can now execute American citizens with drones, without any due process, drones which can now fly over America as well as the rest of the world.

Our political parties are but shills of that oligarchy and Congress doesn’t even read the laws it imposes on the rest of us – witness the horrible witch Pelosi’s statements regarding Obama “care”, that we had to pass the bill to find out what’s in it, and pass it in the middle of the night behind closed doors. That bill further imposes restrictions against Catholics, Protestants, Jews and Muslims whose religious beliefs oppose the abortion of the unborn; witness the Ohbummer Adminsitration’s recent dealings with the Catholic bishops, and rabbis, ministers, and imams won’t be far behind. So much for “freedom of religion.” The “opposition” party has nominated yet another stooge and sock-puppet of the plutocracy who now tells us he will repeal Obamacare when he himself imposed a similar mandate in Massachusetts. In other words, yet another political hypocrite. And let us remember, he was “endorsed” by the Bushes (not that, with Pawlenty, Bachman the tax lady, Gingrich, Rantorum, et al., we had much to choose from there either).

Rest assured: I am voting this year, as I have voted every year since 1988. In that year, I began voting by not voting; this is the only way I have to send a vote of “no confidence” in either of our “two” political parties, and the non-entities they send to state legislatures and to Congress and the White House who rubber-stamp policies made in board rooms and meetings of the world elite behind closed doors in expensive hotels. Bush’s “war on terror” does not represent me. The Republithugs, with their perpetual promises to shrink the size of government, repeal the statism of Dummcrookery, balance the budget and all the other long litany of broken promises that they have used to get into office, do not represent me. The Dummycrooks – the party that has supported statism and centralization in all forms, the party that supported slavery, gave us the Federal Reserve and income tax and IRS, abortion on demand, and the current health care debacle – never has, and never will, represent me, for that party created the very possibility of the plutocriminal oligarchy that now runs and rules the country. But lest we forget, the Republithugs gave us the TSA, the Heimatsicherheitdienst…

Why do I think a vote of “no confidence” is necessary? Well, for one thing, it would rip the mask off of the fiction that either party is really representative of the people, and not of their respective corporate interests. A turnout of, say, only ten million votes would make it clear that – whatever else – the government and their political sock puppets no longer represent, nor have, the people.

One more comment:

So deep and endemic is the cultural crisis – and it is a cultural crisis, not a political one – that conspiracy theories now abound on the right that the weaselish, flannel-mouthed, cowardly irrationality of “Justice” Roberts’ majority opinion on Obama “care” was due to him having been “compromised” somehow, or is a victim of cognitive dissonance brought about by his epilepsy medicine. But had the decision gone the other way, the political left would be entertaining similar views. We have, in short, openly become an oligarchical state, a government of the rich, by the rich, and for the rich, which is but gangsterism dressed up behind the veneer governmental institutions, driving ever more the polarization of society.

As for what recently happened, gee… a “heath care” law that was the “gift” of the Dummycrooks, and turned into a tax, by a supreme court injustice who was an appointee of the “conservative” Buadministration, while the Republithug candidate for president implemented the SAME policy in the state of which he was governor that the current sitting president and HIS party implemented at the national level… quite a coincidence, isn’t it? Almost like someone, very much, wants this medical bill in place, no matter what. Now…who could that be? and why would they want it? I am reminded, as I contemplate the events of the last few years, of the observation of Gore Vidal: I’d be all for a third political party, but in order for there to be a third party, you must first have two parties…

Venice was a police state, run by a plutocriminal oligarchy, disguised as a republic. We have become Venice…

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join