It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Independence Day America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
‎"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." People just don't write like this anymore. Happy Independence Day, America!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
" God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." ~ Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
honor this day ? why ? it means nothing now ! it's slowly being striped from us ,

edit on 4-7-2012 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
People are free to go ahead and celebrate if they wish but to me not much to celebrate today.

Happy Independence day America just forget about drones over American skies,kill lists,Men and women over seas,record debt,record unemployment forget half of this current population in the US is getting some form of government subsidy forget that millions have lost their homes, forget the recent storms that have left thousands without food,power or any hope.

Seems rather hollow to me.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
"The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted." – James Madison (1751-1836)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

I was going to add some more quotes, instead, I'll just wish everyone a happy Independence Day.

Independence Day, to me, is a reminder to reflect on how and why the United States came about. We take for granted, the freedoms that we have. And in doing so, are losing them.

I hope everyone has a great day today. Fireworks, BBQ, (stay cool), and fun and family.

But if you have a spare moment, I would ask that you pause and think about freedom, of liberty.

beez

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Freedom is never given...It is won.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'll celebrate when we have our independence back. I'll celebrate when we can be free to live our lives the way we want. I'll celebrate when the barriers of oppression have been knocked down once and for all in this country, and the tyrants that have beaten us down for so long are under our boots. I'll celebrate when we the people can make this country great again with good sound moral judgement to elect an uncorrupt leader who will bring us to that point we all strive for, so that we can take care of our brothers and sisters, neighbors and friends, family and loved ones the way we all have wanted to for so long. All I can say is damn this country, look at the shame our government has brought us, and we still celebrate this day. For what? So big corp and uncle sam can make a few more bucks off of us. For christ sake folks, we have American flags that are made in China now, so on this fourth, wave them hi in the air, and say 胜利 (victory) for the peoples republic.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
Freedom is never given...It is won.

It is past time that we have regained our freedoms.

How do we begin?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I agree, happy Independence day.

In hopes that one day we will all put aside our differences in the world and unite as one!
Why use guns when LOVE will achieve the same result!
edit on 4-7-2012 by Hardwired because: sp doh

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

All men recognize the right of revolution; that is, the right to refuse allegiance to, and to resist, the government when its tyranny or its inefficiency are great and unendurable. I think that it is not too soon for honest men to rebel and revolutionize.

But we love better to talk about it: that we say is our mission. Thus men will lie on their backs, talking about the fall of man, and never make an effort to get up. -Thoreau

edit on 4-7-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Whats happy about it?

It holds no meaning for me. Sure it's great that our forefathers were able to go from oppressive taxation to a better government - they needed that but today, I'm in the New USA a country with oppressive taxation, political corruption, the US Constitution turned inside out and trampled on by our own leaders.

I submit to you we are way worse off here today than our forefathers were when they decided to abandon their King of England.

Now if on July 4th we were to usurp this evil totalitarian regime and take back control and re-establish The Republic, then the 4th would have meaning.

Sure BBQ if you want but don't dare raise a flag in salute to THIS nation - if you do your a traitor and a fool.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Such pessimism. I can understand it to a degree, but damn it can we have one day a year where we celebrate the many great ideas that helped found the US and what we hope to one day return it to?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! ~ Patrick Henry
edit on 4-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm watching the History Channels show "The Revolution". I am so grateful to be Here Now. Thank you Previous Americans for your Sacrifice. I am honored to live in the greatest nation on the Planet.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It is not the government or the corporations that has destroyed this nation. It is WE THE PEOPLE. We decide which politicians to elect. We decide which corporations will live or die. I ask, for a nation that loves to blame politicians for taking us down the wrong path, why do we always seem to reelect the same ones we BLAME? For corporations that we say control our government decision's, why do we continue to buy their PRODUCTS?

The reality is that we are all a bunch of complainers who lay blame on everybody but ourselves. We complain, complain, and complain more and in the end we merely fall in line.

WE THE PEOPLE
Happy Fourth of July

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Happy Independence day to all!

2nd line

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
PUKE! You must be joking right?

America: founded on genocide and slavery...WHOOPPEE!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here's how the haters celebrate the nation's birthday: Freedom of Speech?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A separate post to say Happy Birthday to America and all her legal citizens and to those in the actual process of becoming citizens.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join