It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding our posts in threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
There may already be a way to do this, and if there is then please someone tell me how. But what I find unbelievably annoying about this site is that I can't just go to my post in a thread and start from there. I am way too lazy to write down what my post was on each time I reply to a thread. And it is so frustrating to not be able to pick up where I left off. There are threads that are 20 pages long and I do not feel we should have to read the entire thread again just to find where we posted and continue the conversation. I have stopped commenting on a huge number of threads because I can't find where I posted last.

So does this feature exist on this site? If not, why don't we have it? It would speed things up considerably.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Under you name/avtar click on member and you have all kinds of options!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

At the top of the page - (click) tools

Then...at the bottom right hand corner - (click) show ribbon

Then (click) my posts

There you have it!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

Under "member", in your mini-profile on the left of any of your posts, "posts in thread" will give you a collection limited to your own posts.
But if you want to continue the debate from where you left off, it is probably better to go to "my posts" in the ribbon or your main profile, which lists your posts and the thread they were in, and click on the topmost post from that thread.

edit on 4-7-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Thanks very much, it was so damn hard to continue / follow a discussion without this.

new topics

top topics

join