It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Moral Street Smarts - 1001 Brain Cells - A Homeless Survival Guide -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I wanted to get your street smart tactics - Iam currently writing a book "1001 brain cells" The Homeless Survival Guide. I have got up to 211 (and about 30 need to be deleted) I'm out of ammunition, I will tell you the best ones in an effort to get your 2 brain cells - when I get 1001, I will send it to the publishers. only 790 more tactics - ideas needed.
I got the idea from talking to a group of homeless guys downtown. broke and homeless you would be amazed at how street smart you become. you really dont see or notice these homeless people, they stay off the radar - they get their basic needs met and look just like everyone else - they are very creative.

so far this is the best one in my opinion is #138 - "No Money - No Problem" while in a distant city you see those fish bowls with business cards - grab up a handful of business cards. you will find them in Sandwich Shops - Pizza Palors, etc. placesgiving away free meals. for this to work - you will need to look and act the part of a middle class business owner. a tourist trap works best or a busy street - tell people your car was stolen or towed away and your wallet was in the car. if they could let you borrow 20$ you would gladly repay them 40$ for their generocity - if they could give you a call tomorrow when you get back - you will send them a check. hand them a business card and thank them.

another brain cell #14 - "Hungry"
from 6:30 - 7:30 especially on friday and saturday nights - Buffets are very busy - crowded.
you spot a crowd with 7 or more people. you stick close to them - you walk right on through
and as the cashier is ringing up the party's bill you slide on the right side of the group and you
ask someone in the party a question - as you walk right on in. sit somewhere close to the
group you came in with and all is good. enjoy your meal.

brain cell #19 - "Thursty"
fast food resturants with plastic drink cups - grab one out of the trash - go to the bathroom
and wash it - walk to the drink machine while the cashier is assisting a customer - filler up and leave.

HELP - 211 bearly creates a brouchure
edit on 4-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

WOW are you serious? Conning and theft are your answers? An then you want us to write your book for you to top it off? Why don't you rename it "181 brain cells" and send it off. I can't believe you would teach people to do this to their fellow man and then take the easy way out having others write it for you. UM NO THANKS I'll be passing on this one.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I thought that at first too. but in reality these people have exhausted all the other means of survival. and Confidence scams and the like work both ways. you either know about them or you are a victim to them.
and if you really think about it boss - homeless people dont buy books.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Yea sure, short my register, short my stock it's ok because your a lazy ass bum. I don't need a job just look how good your doin!
edit on 3-7-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I was homeless, in fact I actually loved it. No responsibility but what I created the need for, no one to worry about but myself, etc. but there are thousands of ways to care for ones self without taking advantage of your fellow man. By they way who do you plan on selling this to? The homeless cant afford it and the people that can would only thwart the plans of the homeless who happened to pick it up after it being dropped by the ones that can buy it. I think this is about you making the buck or you wouldn't be trying to publish but printing it off and handing it out. But hey you're thinking outside the box, at least a 5th of the way because you want us to do the other 80% Sorry I just can't back you on this.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Exhausted very option but handwork that is. I got kicked out but I wasn't happy with lying and waiting to die. It's called day labor, yes it's very hard work. But your paid to work like a n honest man.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

look Im learning the scams too - and how about I label this list your favorite scams - I decided to tell you the truth. good bad or just down right illegal - it is what it is ... and Iam someone who doesnt even steal ideas -
I told where I got the idea from . I'm telling this is already going on - and I might have sugar coated it to make it more appitizing but truth is everyone is getting scammed all the time if it isn;t from the boss then its from the bank and if aint from the bank - the resturant just sold you 12 oz Steak for a 16 ozer ---- I am just amazed at how many scams these guys openend my eyes too - I have to publish them - its Americana at its most creative.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I'm doing Ok, I dont believe anyone should do anything that isn't right - that include the society that forced these people to make such decisions - right - wrong -- I dont think they care anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
You can try going to a bakery and asking if there are any seconds or yesterdays pies. Some shops will tell you get lost, others will give you a free feed.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot

look Im learning the scams too - and how about I label this list your favorite scams - I decided to tell you the truth. good bad or just down right illegal - it is what it is ... and Iam someone who doesnt even steal ideas -
I told where I got the idea from . I'm telling this is already going on - and I might have sugar coated it to make it more appitizing but truth is everyone is getting scammed all the time if it isn;t from the boss then its from the bank and if aint from the bank - the resturant just sold you 12 oz Steak for a 16 ozer ---- I am just amazed at how many scams these guys openend my eyes too - I have to publish them - its Americana at its most creative.

I will give you this. You did come right out and tell it like it is and maybe your intentions for writing it were not clear. So tell me is this to warn the public or to help others take from their fellow man? Don't worry Your first replies may be against you but I am sure someone will help out down the line. It's not personal, from me anyway, it's just that I have been on all 3 sides of the coin. Homeless, well off, and taken advantage of.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
donut shops throw out about 50 lbs of fresh donuts a day and they seal them closed in burlap bags ... just walk to the dumpster behind a shop and voila! ... good ole fashioned dont hurt nobody dumpster diving ... ive got a million tips man but ill not post em bc some people may get all hurt and say they are wrong

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Any cashier at a busy convenience store could give you a few. I mean I'm cool with a few local homeless kids, If i have something thats still good and I can give to them I put it out neatly for them . But I don't agree with messing with peoples cash drawers man, those cashiers get fired when the drawer is short.Theres a large number of people pulling a very easy scam with gasoline, And it happens a lot I've seen many people get screwed by it.
edit on 4-7-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Here's my tip, for those who find themselves homeless, pregnant (and scared), etc.

Go to the local Catholic parish. Ask for either help or to be directed for your particular issues for one of the diocese programs which reach out to said issue.

Once you've been helped, go back and thank the priest for his help and direction.

No need to go stealing and conning.

Never screw over a fellow person, especially a fellow homeless person. Don't screw over the rich either, or else they'll decide homeless are thieves and cons and quit giving to those charities. And if you screw over a business owner, they might decide to not donate their services or good-but-unsellable food products and others types to local homeless shelters.

Basically, If you want to have a better life, start with the life you have and what is in your power to do. Prepare yourself to go hungry for a day rather than steal or con. Pray. Approach your fellow man with love as if you were approaching yourself or even as if you have before you Christ in disguise or an angel.

But don't be a sucker either. A foolish homeless man is gonna have it much worse than he has to. This society is wasteful as can be. The other day I found a working electric typewriter and a 50 dollar fishing reel by the dumpsters. Look around. Get used to finding things and knowing where to look. There is coming a time when that skill will be indispensable to your very survival.

This generation has been coddled to the point of a domesticated, de-clawed cat being released in an alley having more of a chance for surviving than what is coming. The ones with hard lives already will survive more easily. Others by complete miracle, some by smarts and help, etc, and some by being depraved lunatics who do whatever they want.

There will be some of us who especially make it our mission to take out the predators. Such brigands and murderers will not survive crossing any man of good will, in such a lawless environ.

Encouraging immoral behavior as a rule or means of survival, and basically giving a book which will be used as a scam guide, you contribute to the evil which shall befall this nation. If someone would easily con in a society where they can make an honest living, even if suffering a little to be honest, imagine what they'd do in a lawless situation? Enough will cave to such baser levels anyway, no need to start a practiced crop before it happens.

Sheesh.

And pray to the the Blessed Virgin Mary, through Christ Our Lord.

What King Son can refuse His Queen Mother?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I got plenty of good legal tips. I'm not good at rip off's

Did you know you can sell a dead car battery for about 13 bucks?
edit on 4-7-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
this one is pretty good too - #85 "Need to take a shower" Ah - you folks ready to check out, let me help you.
find a hotel with a lot of cars. around 5 - 7am you hang out on the first floor on the side a lot of cars are parked. travelers are always in a hurry to get on the road. you first gain access to the hallway - and then you listen for people getting ready to leave. you want to have a newspaper and a cup of coffee (hotels offer free breakfast and newspapers, but you have to enter the lobby from a room hall). locate a room as a family is leaving - you act as if your hotel staff and help them with their bags, getting the key if offered, I can check you out. and sometimes you get a tip. you should place your coffee and newspaper inside the room - once you have them in their car - go back to the room and take a shower. use the phone, take a nap - what ever, you got a newspaper find a job - check out is at 11AM. use the newspaper to keep the door open, if they dont give you the key. (staff always lets the customer lead).

FYI - the 30 that need to be deleted are ones that I object to -
If you cant afford a car - you should not be able to steal gasoline to keep it going is one. but they are doing it with a garden hose and 12volt centripical pump. right down the same pipe the tanks are filled with.
edit on 4-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
ok, I'm down 572 more idea's . but the count that needs to be deleted has grown tremendously.
some of the new topics are
* including insects in your diet (a bug ranking of flavor and nutriecial value)
*3500lbs of beef BBQ is only one pickup truck and a 2 ton cumalong away from homeless fiesta
* how to get electricity from a street light
*fishing in local streams is food for a day and death from toxic waste
*how to catch squab, how to clean squab, and how to cook squab with a homemade solar oven.
*how to get money from scrap metals
*how to locate abandoned property
*emergency shelter in a storage facility
*how to make $100 a day with a tube of superglue
*free room and board at your local tow yard
*renting your dog for night duty
*where to get free cigarettes/used of coarse
*how to cut on services in empty foreclosed houses

come on you guys are suppose to be creative - and your not living up to your repretation I might add.

edit on 12-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join