It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian politicians rewarded for their great work..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess they do deserve it, not. Only a few months ago those lying politicians received an extra $44,000 on top of their annual salary and now Federal MP's are going to receive a 3% payrise. Back benchers will also get a payrise of $106 I think..

au.news.yahoo.com...

www.skynews.com.au...

I gather this is part of why they deserve it also.. and the reason why we love them so much

www.abc.net.au...

www.heraldsun.com.au...

www.guardian.co.uk...

And just for the ones who think Tony Abbot deserves a well earned payrise because of his popularity..

There is only one rise that they deserve and that is the rise of a middle finger from 20 million + Australian citizens. Those so-called leaders have done nothing for our country, literally.

I liked this thread... Enjoy
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-7-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
None of them are good enough to run this country properly.

They do not deserve a pay rise, in-fact they should have a massive pay REDUCTION.

Our government (and the opposition) are all a bunch of ludicrous suck-holes that would not be able to hold a job at a 7/11 if they did not get into politics.

(breath Mickie, breath Mickie)

I wish I could see someone ‘anyone’ that is currently in any political position that I could say ‘yes, they are smart enough to be PM and know exactly what the people want & they can have my vote’ but I can’t and that makes me extremely sad for the future of this nation and its people.

Once again the government has proven they are out of touch, what they do to us and ‘give themselves’ which is opposed by 90% of the population just proves again that they really don’t care what the people think and want.

I want an open and transparent government, one which is answerable to the people and we have 0% chance of getting that.

So at this point in time we have one bad choice and one an even worse choice, but now they have more money….. yay for them :-/

Yes, my middle finger is up right now.....

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

It just makes you sick doesn't it.
The fact that rest of us are constantly being told to tighten our belts for the good of the nation, that prices of basic amenities are anywhere up to 40% more than what they should be according to the ACCC, and then they just bend us over and ream us by saying "hey we're giving ourselves a payrise." It's nothing short of disgusting.

Add to that endless perks, free flights across both country and world, cars, free accomodation, all at our expense, in addition to their massive overblown salaries. In my experience you had 12 months to prove you could earn a salary and/or bonus, or you got dropped like a hot rock by your employers. I really think it's time these morons were held accountable for their practices, if they fail to deliver, then they should be the ones outed.

I know whose getting the middle finger.... and it 'aint them sadly...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

The carbon tax is the biggest load of crap I have heard of. How Australians can fall for it is beyond me. How is taxing people stopping carbon emissions for a start? As for the payrises etc, I just listened to some moron who actually believes Australians wouldn't be happy if politicians were earning $1.. We would still be whinging.

If they were actually doing something for the country, I wouldn't give too hoots.. But when you here about pigs like Gina Rineheart importing workers which is also tied in with our great government, then I really think its time for people to make a stand and start defending themselves. The government do not care about the people, just themselves and the filthy lining of their own pockets... Everytime I hear any of them, the back of my throat fills up with reflux.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Seen a funny thing today about the brumbies bakery franchise. They have apparently send out letters to the store managers and told them to send prices through the roof and blame the carbon tax for it... Of course the government were very quick to quash that..

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Seen a funny thing today about the brumbies bakery franchise. They have apparently send out letters to the store managers and told them to send prices through the roof and blame the carbon tax for it... Of course the government were very quick to quash that..

You can report any business to the ACCC if they're suspected of doing this. I know that people were concerned this would happen in the building industry in particular. I prefer the age old method of reporting with a big stick upside the cranial region.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by 74Templar

The carbon tax is the biggest load of crap I have heard of. How Australians can fall for it is beyond me. How is taxing people stopping carbon emissions for a start? As for the payrises etc, I just listened to some moron who actually believes Australians wouldn't be happy if politicians were earning $1.. We would still be whinging.

If they were actually doing something for the country, I wouldn't give too hoots.. But when you here about pigs like Gina Rineheart importing workers which is also tied in with our great government, then I really think its time for people to make a stand and start defending themselves. The government do not care about the people, just themselves and the filthy lining of their own pockets... Everytime I hear any of them, the back of my throat fills up with reflux.

As I've said in other posts, the carbon tax is no different than the GST. It's targeted at low to middle income earners who actually pay little or no in income tax, to ensure they are paying their share of lining government's pockets. As people who are either under the government's current tax threshhold or getting some kind of government payment (dole, family A-B, pension) usually don't do tax returns and generally don't pay tax back to the government, then this is just a way to ensure these people pay.

The thing is that people are saying that we are getting all this assistance and tax cuts and pay rises and that the carbon tax is being covered by all this, but the Liberal government said the same thing when the GST was introduced. A year later income tax levels were back to what they were before the GST, and the GST remained. People who are saying all will be fine have simply forgotten what happened, and what Labour or Liberal, doesn't matter who is in power, will keep ramping up the prices and the divide between the rich who can afford to pay for the loopholes or the fancy lawyers will keep reaping the benefits of this new system, while the poor suffer more and more, and eventually will be out on the streets or commiting crimes just to make ends meet.

To me it's like the war on terror. Give it a fancy name no one understands and go after whatever you want with it. Welcome to the corporate 21st century.

top topics

join