It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jonathan Krohn, Reformed Conservative Boy Wonder, Responds To Criticism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

"Well, I am in favor of Obamacare," he said. "I mean Obamacare and gay marriage, and I am pro-choice now. You know, it was social conservatism that was really the first thing to go."

Reflecting on his encounters at social conservative gatherings, he continued, "It's very much a very fundamentalist, strong Evangelical core that you have there. And, if you stray from that, a lot of the people in that area of conservatism have a problem with that, if you reach out a little bit and don't agree with them on one issue. They're very restrictive."

Asked about blowback he's experienced from conservatives in response to his political shift, Krohn acknowledged that some of the reaction has been critical, but stressed, "I changed my mind." Referring to coverage on Fox News he said, "They started making fun of me. I think one of the guys said if it was up to him he would have left me in the woods as a baby. On the Daily Caller, they have written three articles about me, all of which called me names I can't repeat on television in 5:00 in the afternoon."

Source article

Normally, it's amusing to watch them turn on their own, but to attack a kid in such a manner? Vile. And this from the "party of family values." Yeah, picking on children? Nice family values.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'll see your Krohn and raise you a Palin.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Not quite the same. Palin didn't change political parties and get treated like a "traitor." For two, are we really gonna play the "Democrats do it also" card as if that changes anything?

Please show me where I defended Democrats doing things like this. If the Democrats do it, it's still wrong. They don't walk around, though, acting all high and mighty and righteous claiming to be the "family values party."

How come Conservatives can't step up and say their party is wrong for acting this way? Why do you always have to use a tu quoque fallacy? Why can't you stand up to and call out your party for attacking a teenager?

I'm not a Democrat and if/when Democrats do stuff like this, I'll call them out on it also. Last time I checked, the Bristol Palin thing happened 4 years ago and she's no longer a teenager.

Anything else?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Rare..Normally with education and maturity one learns how to think an becomes a conservative.
edit on 3-7-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

dear CoolerAbdullah786,

Apologies, I knew I was too brief in my comment.

First, I wasn't refering to Gov. Palin, I was referring to her children who were not political candidates or operatives like Krohn.

Second, The Palin attacks were vicious personal attacks, far beyond calling some one a "traitor" (Which you should be expected to be called if you change sides.)

Three, this is not the "Democrats do it also." This is "Not quite the same." This is so minor compared to what happens in politics today that it is escaping the serious notice of nearly everybody.

Fourth,

How come Conservatives can't step up and say their party is wrong for acting this way?
it is not the party that is "acting this way." Did Romney say it, a majority of Republican legislators, the party leadership?

Why do you always have to use a tu quoque fallacy?
I don't know to whom you are referring. As noted above, I'm not doing it now, and I don't think I ever have.

Why can't you stand up to and call out your party for attacking a teenager?
Again, it wasn't the party, and I don't know why teenagers who look for the public spotlight are automatically immune from attack.

Anything else?
I don't know, have you got anything else?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

...He sounds like an incredibly impressionable person. Good to see he's um.. figuring himself out, but I don't see why I .... or anyone.. should care what this dork thinks? Most people change their political leanings over team, especially young impressionable people. Who in the World would have read a book on politics written by a kid?? Or let him speak at a major conference?? Asinine..

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I love this kid! Too bad he's not old enough to vote yet. The Republicans were enamored with him a few years ago...

Jonathan Krohn SPeaks at CPAC February 27, 2009:

He grew up in Georgia, listening to conservative talk shows on the radio. His parents weren't very political, so he was brainwashed by the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. When he started studying philosophy, he realized just how messed up the whole social conservative structure of thinking is. And the more he grew and learned, the more he sloughed off his strict conservative beliefs, and the more the right turned on him (naturally). Now, FOX News is saying things like he should have been left in the woods as a baby.

FOX News Rips Jonathan Krohn (Video)

NOW, they're saying things like "Children should be seen and not heard" and accusing this 13-year-old of suckering them all in and making his philosophical and political changes "for girls"... How smart would a 13-year-old have to be to "sucker in" the ENTIRE Republican Party?
Brilliant!

Current Jonathan Krohn Video

Give this guy a listen... He's way too smart to buy the talking points from FOX News. This kid gives me hope for the future of our country.

edit on 7/4/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: To add FOX segment

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

Not always the case.

I find that as some people get older, they shed that conservative lifestyle and become independent.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by 11235813213455

Not always the case.

I find that as some people get older, they shed that conservative lifestyle and become independent.

yeah, and don't forget, he's a reader of books by scholars....the enemy of the republican base. FOX NEWS and the bible are all that is needed for them.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
Rare..Normally with education and maturity one learns how to think an becomes a conservative.
edit on 3-7-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

Not true. The data regarding education level and political preference is mixed and no clear trend is easily identifiable.

A Gallup poll of the 2008 Presidential results has this correlation regarding education and votes:

EDUCATION

College
55% Obama
45% McCain

High school
47% Obama
53% McCain

Grade school
67% Obama
33% McCain

Postgrad
65% Obama
35% McCain

College grad only
51% Obama
49% McCain

Some college
52% Obama
48% McCain

High school or less
51% Obama
49% McCain

Source

As this data shows, the trend in the 2008 election was for higher education people to vote for Obama over McCain.

But the data on the whole is far from consistent.

As regards Mr. Krohn, he is a very intelligent young man who as he grows and is exposed to more "life" his political views are changing. Anybody who really supports freedom of thought and action will support this, even if they are disappointed in the result.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This boy is the very reason that some states do not want any progressive teachings. It's not because progressive teachings are brainwashing. It's because it makes sense. Some places need their hold on the citizens through tired dogma. It should really change. Some of the people that are critizing that kid are nuts. Have you heard them?

To these people. college is snobby, Jesus fixes everything and their food stamps are not entitlements.
They're creating their own reality and not listening to anything rational.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

The kid is probably liberal now to avoid all the attacks he was getting from the media and his peers when he was "conservative". He was viciously attacked by the entire media when he originally made his rounds.

gawker.com...

Remember Jonathan Krohn, the sign language-speaking ape Tween Conservative Pundit? He's 14 now, and still a sad, creepy spectacle. But he's a sad creepy spectacle who is set on going to Princeton!

IvyGate flags a typically sad interview with Krohn and his stage mom at The Brownington Post. Krohn, who "wrote" a book called Defining Conservativism (he "wrote" it in three months and Krohn is "now one of the top five bestselling conservative authors in the country, according to Amazon.com," in case you're curious about just how much of a transparent farce the entire conservative publishing racket is), has his heart set on attending the New Jersiest of the Ivies. There is apparently some sort of famous conservative gay-hating professor there, or something. But let's hope that Krohn isn't exposed to all the elitist liberal academics there, like Cornell West! And Paul Krugman! And Dr. House! (No, but seriously—you'll fit in fine at Princeton, Krohn!)

You see, when he's a conservative, the media rips him. When he's liberal, they applaud him. That's how the MSM conditions people. It's why conservative women are constantly attacked and smeared. It's why you cant turn on TV on any given day without finding some kind of demonetization of non-left wingers going on.

Look at what this kid said in the same interview:

"It makes me feel like I'm awkward, but I'm not awkward. I'm not weird," Jonathan says. "Then, people on the left say"-here he changes his voice to that of a Muppet-"‘He's not a prodigy. He's a weirdo, and I think he should be put in child protective services.'"

So chances are he's now a liberal to avoid being attacked as "creepy and weird" by his peers. Congrats, your ideology bullied a little kid in to accepting and adopting your views.

I mean, look how a so called journalist openly treats a little kid who doesnt agree with her point of view:

top topics

join