It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been lied too. Oh yes you have!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
If we are living in an energetic, non-material, holographic, subjectively experienced Universe, "reality" is nothing more than a sequence of "little" lies wrapped in the biggest lie of all. What we experience in the so-called "real" world is irrelevant. What matters are the choices we make in response to the illusion.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A good friend of mine works for a big TV network, his job is to put video sequences together for news stories. He was telling me how nearly all footage of non-domestic news, ie international news comes from one source: associated press. All major tv stations world wide use this source to some extent.

Kind of laughable, when all news sources rely on the one master source.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Your point is about as obvious as my need for daily bowel movements. Are you proposing some sort of demonstration? Some sort of counter-action here? Otherwise you spend a good 10 minutes (maybe even more) putting snippets of info together on some fairly obvious information.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

It occurred to me long ago that those who are the best liars in this society are the people who gain the most financially. That was my cue that I never wanted to get involved in the rat race. My parents are the most honest, solid people I've ever known - it's always been by their example that I've tried to improve myself.

I miss the days of being able to do business on a handshake or to have someone tell you they will do something and know that they will come through on it. Small wonder our society is so fractured, fearful and greedy. It's every man for himself out there. I just can't get on that bandwagon.

I like to have friends, family and neighbors that know they can count on me for my word. It's the social contract that we've lost, that basic trust in the word of another. It's a cycle that can only go so far before it breaks down and the old way reasserts itself out of necessity. Honesty is the only way forward.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The devil is the father of the lie(bible). People say they follow the bible and therefore lie to themselves and gloss over the fact they shouldn't lie.People love getting their ears tickled(lied to)hence those televangelists. The world economy would come to a screeching halt.Wikileaks exposed that countries lies to each other.The truth shall set you free quote is quite liberating if you apply it to yourself.Once you do that it will transfer to others.It also leaves you vulnerable but can you live with yourself to cover over what you have done with a lie.We are not perfect we all fall short but honesty is the best policy is a good motto to live by.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
We are taught by society from a young age to lie. We are taught by our parents that a little white lie is necessary for survival at times. This is the American way. This has been taught to us so we cannot challenge the people at the top for deceiving us. Let the person without sin throw the first stone" It's all conditioning. I think the devil they speak of in the bible is in control of our society, devil being deceit not necessary evil. Could be Loki, Hermes, Coyote, or other tricksters, it's the trickery concept that has become excessive. Some people enjoy conning someone out of something much more than stealing it. There isn't anything bad about conning someone being bad in the New Testament unless it is applied to religion.

How come some of the scam artists in religion are not thrown in prison? It's because they are using the same laws that excessively profiting businesses and the government are using to con people. Let the buyer beware. I see misconceptions or half truths being stated as truth because it has evidence to back it up. Sidetracking the issues allows this evidence to be applied and many people to be conned. If everyone believes something to be true it becomes reality even though it can be far from real. Limited parameters on tests can make all evidence look a certain way. I evaluate all evidence for pertinence in my studies. These lies go back thousands of years and are part of everyone's lives whether they realize it or not. Look for motive to evaluate lies because sometimes rumors and false evidence substantiate deception. Our government is not protecting people, they are protecting the wealthy. Look at the FDA and the SEC.

People like to hear others lie because it makes them feel better when they lie. I wonder if there is anywhere in the world where there aren't lies.
edit on 5-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here is the link you asked for OP. As you will see it was no big deal. I just put it there for fun. But if it was a violation I definitely want to know so I know in the future. Again it was in my first post in this thread as a vid, not a link and I don't care at all that it was taken down. But I got no reason why ?
edit on 5-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

Maybe you should have read the whole thread before responding because I have explained it several times now.

Like here and here.

Thanks for the very thoughtful reply though.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

It's sublimiinal programming. Most people when they hear the word conspiracy, immediately think of farfetched, psychotic nonesense. So seeing the word conspiracy and fact in the same sentence makes the brain circuts heat up a bit.

Yes, I know that. I was speaking merely from a legal point of view.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i dont watch the news, so no i haven't been lied to

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
People are lied to all the time. What makes this any different?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Eadgbe

What makes this different is the systematic nature of it and subsequent damage. Where an individual lies to an individual the damage may be great for those individuals involved and those close to the individual, however the damage is contained to a small segment of society. When an entire populace is lied to on an on going basis (since birth), it creates an entire society whose world view is based on flawed information. Just as where an individual who has been lied to may do something horrible a society may too.Where a man who has been lied to about his wife's infidelity may kill the supposed lover who was in fact innocent. A society lied to about another society's possesion of weapons of mass destruction may allow the invasion and destruction of said society.

Grant that societies have likely always been lied to in some way or another, it is the duty of man to ensure the correctness of beliefs before so much as holding the belief, if evidence is flawed, one has duty to suspend belief.

See W.K. Clifford, Ethics of belief: www.infidels.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

This is why I now follow the Torah after learning how big of a lie the bible was. Though not everything in the bible was a lie. Most of the problem with the bible is mistranslations and words which can't even be translated from hebrew to english.
edit on 6-7-2012 by ruthlesstruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordynlynn

I would say you are overly sensitive or something......

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I believe there are too many conspiracy theories that only cover up the actual conspiracies. A lot of news outlets and media do not cover the "touchy topics" simply because they don't want to get kicked out of the "loop," so to speak. If they cover things that get people upset and cause riots, they will only get snubbed by the government and other entities within our government when normal news comes out.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
IT IS WHAT IT IS ! Governments provide public goods to the masses! One of these is a sense of security for the insecure (majority)! With the legitimized authority to use force at will and incarcerate people against their will, the insecure (majority) are able to sleep at night with most not wetting their bed sheets! Lets face it, we are part of the animal kingdom, we are animals too! This is a point that is not stressed enough in our societies, we have billions of humans that think they are not an animal, but it is what it is, yes they are, and so are you, and so am I! We are all part of the animal kingdom, We are animals too! Now I know what it means when I hear some one say you have your head up your ass!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LaEuro

hey everyone..i know im kinda new here but ive been browsing the site for a couple months now and came across this on youtube and it blew me away...im sure its been posted previously(and im sorry if im rehashing something) but i couldnt get this out of my head!! does anyone else see something wrong here??

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-7-2012 by skuch78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by skuch78

Yes, I see plenty wrong with it. Another example of fostering lies.

CJ

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Good post!! You are right we definately are being lied to: biggest lie I think is how the economy is doing. Addiing jobs, really? Where? Sometimes I look at the classified section in our newspapers.(I know that's not the most reliable thing to lean on anyway) A whole two pages of job listings. Great economy.

I notice too on the MSM news how they are busy telling people what food, what pills/supplements, are bad for you. Try to scare you and make you quit doing whatever it is that they've become convinced is bad for you. Ban this, ban that.

Next to the MSM media, I can't figure out who the biggest liars are either corporations or government. Corporations want to tell you how great their product/service is, and how it helps everyone including the environment. But if these two different entities are here to help you, its to pry you away from your money.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaEuro
IT IS WHAT IT IS ! Governments provide public goods to the masses! One of these is a sense of security for the insecure (majority)! With the legitimized authority to use force at will and incarcerate people against their will, the insecure (majority) are able to sleep at night with most not wetting their bed sheets! Lets face it, we are part of the animal kingdom, we are animals too! This is a point that is not stressed enough in our societies, we have billions of humans that think they are not an animal, but it is what it is, yes they are, and so are you, and so am I! We are all part of the animal kingdom, We are animals too! Now I know what it means when I hear some one say you have your head up your ass!

You are right to a degree but we have a choice to either follow our nature or to nurture our humanity! I know I am not a bad person but have made many bad decisions! I have choosen not to act preditory and so often I become the victim! This consequence has left me feeling quite alone but even though I still choose not to prey on the weak, helpless and the nieve! Now an animal has no choice but to follow the path of instinct! I don't know about you but i see this as a big difference between us and them! I will give you this though
there are times when some of us seem to have no humanity at all and these narcissistic people look to be more predatory in nature then any animals! As always though the difference between us and an animal is the choice to either be predatory or altruistic!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join