It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been lied too. Oh yes you have!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iam'___'

You don't think that the fact that media outlets lined up to support another media outlet who wanted the legal right to lie to us is a conspiracy?

No, that's a fact!

conspiracy

a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.

any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

fact

something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.

You need to brush up on your definitions mate. But enjoy the site and I hope you find threads and information more to your liking.

edit on 4-7-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

Huge difference between entertaining fantasies like the tooth fairies to entertain kids, telling your wife her butt aint that big, etc. The lies in the OP actually inflict great harm. What harm has a kid believing in the tooth fairies ever done, making someone feel good ever done?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Iam'___'

It seems you were confusing conspiracy theories with conspiracy facts.

To commit a conspiracy is the most severe crime because it involves premeditation.

All felonies as far as I know. I cannot think of any such misdemeanors.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

sometimes it's better to tell my girlfriend something that some may call a "lie" instead of just admitting that I think she f#d up dinner.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

It's sublimiinal programming. Most people when they hear the word conspiracy, immediately think of farfetched, psychotic nonesense. So seeing the word conspiracy and fact in the same sentence makes the brain circuts heat up a bit.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It is appalling that so many lies were done for money and power. An even greater evil is the Santa Clause Myth perpetrated on children for entertainment alone. A vast conspiracy on a larger scale.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Sad thing is their lies work on ,most of you because of peer pressure group think tribal mentality generally.

You can tell the ones that the lies dont work on and are immune to the matrix.
Characteristics:
Not many friends if any at all
Unsuccessful with women love life department
Get no self esteem from working and making money whatsoever
Not that interested in any sport that requires a ball..including hunting, fishing and fighting
Find what people see as entertaining as comically entertaining

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, that's the way it's been for a while. Lies flying everywhere. We even cover up things ourselves with lies so we feel better about ourselves and fit in. Many people do not investigate things they are told are real to find out if they are valid. Many simple, common, everyday things are lies. People really aren't as smart as they think they are, their ego gets them into the game. Believe half of what you hear and three quarters of what you see.

Lies have been around for so long that the truth is hard to find. Our present Society is dependent on lies and deceit to exist. Evidence is commonly made to substantiate lies. Numbers are used to cover up deceit a lot, a smart conman can fix the books.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Hey, I like fishing. What's supplying food for your family got to do with lying or believing lies.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

GAOTU789, good thread - the U.S. Goverment also appears to be telling porkies when it claims that 'no government agency has ever taken an interest in UFOs since the closure of Project Bluebook' - some of its official UFO explanations are also incredibly dubious and were described by one of the leading atmospherical physicists of the time as 'absurdly erroneous':

The USAF Factsheet on UFOs

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well this is no suprise and this might not even be new to me. But still a great read! I just wish the government would just tell us about all the darn stuff they've been hiding from us. I need and must know what they know about aliens and ufo's.
edit on 4-7-2012 by camarosquid because: Post was to short.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

When I was told Santa wasn't real, I hated my mother for months for lying to me. I was 8. And my childhood was ripped of magic in one day. I'd say that causes harm.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
To be honest this makes me scared to grow up.
I try to tell the truth when I can, but I'm either disreguarded or they don't believe me anyway. It's gotten to the point where so many people lie that they dont understand truth anymore.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Maybe some of us lie to ourselves, however I am not one of them, as a matter of fact if I have any serious decisions in my life to make, I pull out the mirror, sit down in front of the only person that I know who will always be straight up with me,as he knows me like not one other soul on this planet, why would I try to lie to him? and why would I want to?.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
We are all hypnotized to accept the lies and repeat them to ourselves. The first step towards the cure is to turn off the TV. Honest to God, turn off the Lie Box because every TV show is designed to train your brain what to think about and how to think about it. Your world is defined by your TV. Stop it. You have the power.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I saw this as an id on a gaming site once, and thought it very clever.

It seems to be a appropriate to interject into this thread...but I'm changing it up from how it was presented just a tad.

Real Eyes_ Realize_ Real Lies

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Dear GAOTU, thank you for your all-encompassing post. It is because of posts like yours and ones on ATS that I have been able to wake up as I should. The quest for truth is a struggle, but I believe with people like yourself and the community of ATS we will be able to educate others and reveal the media and government for what they truly are. Godspeed, Sam.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
S&F for you, OP. Great thread and alot of effort put into the post.

I am going through an entire life change due to lies, so this thread came to my attention at a great time. I'm not saying that we should all be perfect, but striving for the best where it really counts would be refreshing and in some cases, just dang responsible!

Thanks for sharing OP.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join