It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been lied too. Oh yes you have!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think the difference lies (pun intended) in the act of acknowledging the lie and living up to it. If you lie and then go on as if nothing happened you are in fact, a liar. If you lie, acknowledge it and own the lie you can be redeemed. Also, just to say, white lies, as some have alluded to, are lies nonetheless and are as dangerous ultimately as any other lie. Truth is truth, lies are lies. If someone says they never lie they most likely are decieving you and themselves. We all lie. It's what we do afterwords that means the most.

CJ

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by randyvs

I think the difference lies (pun intended) in the act of acknowledging the lie and living up to it. If you lie and then go on as if nothing happened you are in fact, a liar. If you lie, acknowledge it and own the lie you can be redeemed. Also, just to say, white lies, as some have alluded to, are lies nonetheless and are as dangerous ultimately as any other lie. Truth is truth, lies are lies. If someone says they never lie they most likely are decieving you and themselves. We all lie. It's what we do afterwords that means the most.

CJ

I see your point, and the truth in it, but at the same time there is a right time,and a wrong time to tell certain truths.

You could seriously damage the psych of a child who innocently asks a question by being totally truthful.There is a time when certain truths need more maturity to be digested in a healthy way, as well as understood.

As well some truthful answers to questions are nothing more than opinions , that can cause damage and hurt.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by randyvs

Some people are just way bigger liars than others.

Degrees of lying and motivation can tell you a lot about a character.

But yes, we all lie...and I'd even go so far as to say we can all be hypocrites at time, because humanity has a way of falling short of the ideals they uphold for themselves, as well as others.

Maybe it's just my perception. But I tend to think of politicians as liars because if there lips are moving then their lying. I don't think I'm a liar, as in someone who rarely tells the truth. Which for me is what constitutes a liar. If you follow my weak sentencing.

edit on 3-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

umm..I think my head is spinning from that one ..well not actually spinning like in the exorcist

When I saw ALL the clips on John Edwards back to back recently, in the interviews with Rielle Hunter , I was dumbfounded on how many times he could lie to the public, and do it so smoothly. That was disturbing to watch.

I don't think in the regular world people have to disclose everything about themselves to any person who wants to know, but you don't have to lie, just merely say.."that isn't up for discussion"..or "its irrelevant"
edit on 3-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I see your point, and the truth in it, but at the same time there is a right time,and a wrong time to tell certain truths.

Well ya ! When it comes to children of course. So what do you do ? Lie to them ?
Of course not.
You just tell em what you told me.
edit on 3-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

reply to post by GAOTU789

Great post GAOTU789. You forgot one. We lie to ourselves too.

CJ

I'll second that and raise you 1.
The only reason ANY of this is allowed to continue is BECAUSE we love to lie to ourselves.
We tell ourselves that it isn't true.
That they love us and want the best for us.
That they surely can't be all that bad. They must know something we don't.
Surely, IF they are lying it is for our own good.
It MUST be for the sake of national security!

Ohhh how we love to lie to ourselves.
We, the lover of lies.
Ohhh how we'll pay for our ignorance.

We are compassionate.
We have the ability to love.
We give them the benefit of the doubt.
We make exuses for them.
We forgive.
We forget.
These are qualities that our enemies do not share.

They will destroy us by letting us destroy ourselves.
and we will thank them for it.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
G... why do you have to be raining on my ignorance is bliss parade? Stop telling me the truth and let me be blissful. Its a holiday and all.

Speaking of lying.. its politicians and TEENAGERS that if their lips are moving theyre lying. Having 2 out of 3 girls who are teens right now.. I know of what I speak.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Let me guess, rapidly receding hair line and a nervous twitch ?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Let me guess, rapidly receding hair line and a nervous twitch ?

Nope.. I think Ive turned completely grey, but the twitch is there.

Hmm lies.. sometimes lies are necessary. Like when I ask the husband if these pants make my butt look big. I mean, some lies can save your life.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Receding hair line.

Maybe I am a liar and a good one at that. I believed my own conjured up idea that I was conferring with a Dad for some odd reason. Bought it big time too ! What the heck ATS ? Would some gender indicators be to much trouble or what ?

So I guess you haven't pulled all your hair out either then ?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Receding hair line.

Maybe I am a liar and a good one at that. I believed my own conjured up idea that I was conferring with a Dad for some odd reason. Bought it big time too ! What the heck ATS ? Would some gender indicators be to much trouble or what ?

So I guess you haven't pulled all your hair out either then ?

LOL!!! I get a chuckle out of people thinking Im male on here. The main reason Ive never put a pic of myself as an avatar.

Uh oh.. is that a sort of a lie??!! ( Keeping on topic and all)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hate to point out the obvious, but was there anyone who visit's ATS that did'nt allready know this?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Have you ever tried to be honest in situations only to get screwed over for telling the truth?
I'm a very poor liar particularly in person. Time and again I've gotten the short end of the stick for lack of ability in this key area of social skills. I have no desire to change it though, I've been this way for over 50 years and I can live with myself. How others can victimize people through deceit is beyond my comprehension. Sometimes I feel as if I might be a different species altogether.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I cannot lie, I too thought that Advantage was a Dad!!! Hehehe! I think it's something subliminal with the dog as Avatar!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Great post, OP. I'm all for the truth - however, the truth stings at times.

My husband, who is like a pathological truth teller, informed me last November that he liked the way I looked. He said I wasn't "Shallow Hal" fat - so it was all good.

I have since lost 42 pounds. You should have seen the indignantly determined look on my face as I worked out and passed on the desserts and sugary drinks.

The truth will set you free, but first it'll piss you off.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

A lie is a lie. There are no little, or "white" lies.

We are lied to as soon as we understand, or comprehend, our native language.
Especially in America where there are more lies than truths.
It's a shame really, because our education system is based on lies too.
From the birth of America to the current POTUS, it's all one great, big lie.
All to fulfill an agenda, of course, because I see no other reasoning behind it.
They don't want you to know the truth, or you may not accept it and revolt.

Just ask yourself, as a parent, how many times you've lied to your kids about topics.
Ranging from Santa Claus to religion, just how many lies do you think you've told?
I bet everyone here can't sit down and say they've been 100% honest in their lives.

If you allow yourself to get consumed with a contrived "consumer" system, you lie.
Which, is what most parents do to their children on a regular basis.

All to keep the "system" afloat.
A system of lies, deceit and treachery.

If you've ever worked as a salesperson, you've lied to gain profits for a company.
There are NO truths in sales or consumerism, because the system is based off lies.
Profit does not manifest itself when you tell the customer how much your cost was.
Managers and salesmen all know that profit is a lie in itself.
You must lie about your price to make a profit.

But if you really examine the system, it is one huge lie.
Because the money we accept and use for currency is a lie.
Which is what this entire world is based on.

A lie.
(that is, only if you obey the consumerism)

Everyone here should so themselves a favor and be honest.
With everyone, everywhere, all the time.
At least then, you may make a difference.

Great thread!

*S&F*

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
As seen on my signature

We all usually lie, because situation we are in.

We can live in truth however but its like a computer - nothing interesting.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Not this guy, if I catch anyone lying to me. You are off the list and I write you off from that day forward and I never listen to you again.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

And another one....we can lie by omission!...
edit on 4-7-2012 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
oh... thought this was about gov. thats what i get.
edit on 4-7-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I was told by my ex that this is what makes her "superior" to me.

I wonder how many of us know this girl. It was a very expensive education, but I learned a lot about being manipulated and controlled.

I used to take calls from people who wanted their cell service to stay on with a promise to pay later. It was weird being lied to all day by adults. It was fun to guide them into admitting they lied. They would get mad, and then I'd give them more time to pay. I just wanted them to know that people can tell that they're lying.

Yes, the people who control our country, banks and corporations, don't care that they lie. They don't even care about making it credible. The public will believe what they are told by those they adore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join