It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just moved to Ft. Riley, KS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Holy crap this place is boring. Never been anywhere so sparsely populated. Though I do appreciate the shooting opportunities around here. A gun owners paradise this be.

So after completing Basic combat training in March, and graduating aviation mechanic school at Ft. Eustis in late June, and being essentially stuck in base after base it was nice to finally get to my permanent duty station...Until I got here that is...I'd rather do basic twice...

Oh well, at least I get to work with a new model of Blackhawk helicopter while I'm here for the foreseeable future.

Manhattan, KS is the closest city. It is host to KSU, and it every bit a small college town. I like it, it's very charming. My kind of place. Junction City, just down the other side of the base, is apparently a crack filled cesspool with strip clubs everywhere housing ugly strippers...

Oh well, at least I have ATS to fill my down time...And I will have lots of it. Especially on the weekends.
edit on 3-7-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You probably shouldn't let on too much about your activities on a public forum. Just a bit of advice.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I was 82nd Med Co (Air Ambulance/ Dustoff) at Riley in the late 90's.....effin Hooah!!!!

Huey mechanic, BTW.

edit on 3-7-2012 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I was born there at Irwin Army hospital. My dad was a huey mechanic and crew chief in Vietnam.

I have heard many say it is quite boring there and never had the opportunity to get stationed there. I have often wondered about this doldrum talk there as it's almost too quiet. There is a reason I think of this often, like some black ops or similar.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
you think riley is bad, try polk.....leesville is a pit......have never been so happy then when i left that little version of the 5th ring of hell.....I wish you the best....soldier on.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The Starbucks at Riley is better than the one at Eustis. The subway in Junction city near the interstate is very good as subways go. Try out the Chinese buffet that is close to the Cracker Barrel in JC. The Cracker Barrel is hit and miss. There has been a sign up there saying that a BBQ place was coming in. They do have a Dave's in Manhattan.

The mess at the hospital on base is good and cheap. Leave the women in that locale alone. Oh and the liquor store near the Walmart has some unusual beers. Try it out. It is next to some kind of sandwich shop.

Yeah, its crap. Just don't be renting any Uhauls. And get out of NWO work ASAP.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

You probably shouldn't let on too much about your activities on a public forum. Just a bit of advice.

It'll be alright.

I'm not doing anything sensitive, and even if I were no body on ATS or anywhere else would ever know about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

I don't buy the NWO crap. But you seem to be pretty knowledgeable of the places I've been. The Sbux at Eustis is a dive for sure. Found a neat little coffeehouse in Manhattan that I like. Aggieville sure is interesting.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IncognitoGhostman

Well there is SF here and where ever SF goes so does 160th SOAR. Riley is pretty quiet. It's a sleepy base surrounded by sleepy communities.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

You Huey guys sure had it rough. Our 2408 series documents and our manuals are on computers now...

edit on 3-7-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I don't buy the NWO crap. But you seem to be pretty knowledgeable of the places I've been. The Sbux at Eustis is a dive for sure. Found a neat little coffeehouse in Manhattan that I like. Aggieville sure is interesting.

You don't buy it because you are too close to the issue. And too young to have thought it through. You are distracted like everyone else. Bread and circuses. I cannot make fun of you too much because I was where you are. It took hell breaking loose in my near 20 to make it real. If and when the dam every breaks for you. Aww screw it. You are on your own. Now get out there and kill some brown people for your banker bosses.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I'll be sure to send them a post card on your behalf.

I just have to go through my banker boss Rolodex of doom..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I'll be sure to send them a post card on your behalf.

I just have to go through my banker boss Rolodex of doom..

I worked GWOT from the start. I saw the towers burn. It is not joke to me. Nor is the fact that it is all fake crap. I know that there is no help for stupid people who are enjoying the government welfare and all of the cool toys. Plus you get to kill brown people with no prosecution.

Look inside yourself and try to find some honor. The military likes to put up signs and stakes with words like "honor" on them. They put that crap everywhere. But no one really believes in those things. That is by design. If you have any of it in you they beat it out. They pressure it out. They mock it out. But there job is easy because most of the dissolute refuse that comes in never had any to start.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Sorry your experience was bad.

I appreciate the fact that from your point of view you are trying to help. But I assure you I have done my due diligence and don't believe as you do. You're going to have to accept that and move on.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
But there job is easy because most of the dissolute refuse that comes in never had any to start.

Nice way to talk about the current batch of 16 - 25 year olds. What else did you expect from them?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

I've met a lot of very dedicated and honorable people since I've joined who are ten years younger than I am. I think our friend here had some very bad experiences with his NCOs or something and now hates everything to do with the military. That's fine by me. But I've never been around a more dedicated and patriotic group of people in my life.

Do I agree with every policy we are tasked to enforce? Nope. Is it my job to change it? Negative. That's the job of the people at large, and my have they done a crappy job at being the watchdogs. And they have the cojones to second guess my choices.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

You haven't done anything, but suck government teet. Presidents contradict you. Men from Disraeli to Roosevelt contradict you. You are going to have to accept that and move on.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Truth hurts. Even the FBI knows that the military is full of gang bangers. Tilman wasn't shot in the back by choir boys either.

Then the scum get out and become police. Need I say anymore?

edit on 3-7-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Now my life is mixture of online and paperwork....the paperwork now exceeds the gross weight of the helicopter I maintain. Oh and that little college town would swell to 150,000 people on some gamedays!! And I spent a year at Eustis in a VIP unit....loved it and loved Riley also. NOE all the way man. I remember the pilots having to initiate a climb to get over a house!! I miss the Army sometimes.

Hope you enjoy yourself and be safe my friend.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
Need I say anymore?

Please no.
I don't think anyone cares.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join