It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do the people you know feel about 911

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thegameisup

Fail in reading comprehension I see.

I let THEM guide the conversation and let them say what they wanted to. I did not tell them what to think. When they mentioned martial law in Florida ordered by Jeb Bush, I showed them where they could read for themselves what the Executive Order actually said. When they mentioned WTC7 not being hit by an aircraft, I showed them where they could read the official statements made by the members of FDNY in regards to the damage it suffered. When they mentioned the Pentagon and how "it's equipped to shoot down any jet that gets near it". I showed them the satellite view of the Pentagon and its location to Reagan National.

I didn't have to impose anything on them......i just had to show them how to look things up for themselves. They did the rest.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I don't know about vipertech, but when the subject comes up, I tell people what the conspiracy theorists are saying on this site, and what I'm trying to convince them of.

I'm sure you tell your friends about the space lasers and fake planes in detail. You shouldn't try to convince anybody, people can think for themselves you know. You can state your opinion and explain how you got to that opinion, but when you try to convince people it kinda makes you look bad. Just my opinion..

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Come join us on RAGBRAI this year. We almost always have a contingent of FDNY members who come. John Moran used to ride it every year till he was killed on 9/11. His brothers continue to ride in his memory every year they can.

They would LOVE to hear your ideas.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by viking43

Originally posted by Varemia

Did you by chance omit the fact that WTC 7 was damaged and on fire for 7 hours? That firefighters had set up a collapse perimeter and a transit, noticing bulging and leaning of the structure?

I find that usually turns on a lightbulb in peoples' heads. They say, "oh, I didn't know that." Deception is what the conspiracy requires to continue being proliferated among the ignorant.

I have researched this for years.about everyone in my corner of the world rejects the official version of the tragedy as pure garbage, as far as firefighters setting up a collapse perimeter and a transit and noticing bulging and leaning of the structure, Really? I would love to see a link on that.

They are going to give you links where firemen say that the building was damaged and that it was in danger of collapse so they set up a transit and established a perimeter... And that is all true, what the firemen weren't saying is that this skyscraper looked like it was about to completely and totally collapse because the damage was only on one side of the building, and buildings don't do that without explosives.

The debunkers try to act like they don't see the difference between what the firemen was saying and what actually happened. But that's just posturing, they think if they play stupid it will somehow change the reality.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596

Come join us on RAGBRAI this year. We almost always have a contingent of FDNY members who come. John Moran used to ride it every year till he was killed on 9/11. His brothers continue to ride in his memory every year they can.

They would LOVE to hear your ideas.

I don't ride but thanks for the invitation.

I would LOVE to talk to them also, maybe you can ask them to join ATS and I can tell them what my ideas are?

edit on 6-7-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I have asked them to join. They have already run into enough of your brethren in real life. They have no desire to do so online.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
When I read in other sections of the forum, if 911 is mentioned, even by people whom I have never soon in this particular section, then it is only mentioned in the context of a false flag, perpetrated or enabled by westerners.

This makes me wonder, how do the people you know feel about 911?

It does not resonate in my circle. As it should... it was half a world away and as most of the news, It came and went. It will be dragged in again by the media on 11 sept (glad to have something to tell.. you know.. summer.. slow... low on items..) telling it's now 11 years back. I think the biggest reaction will be:"jeesszz 11 years! time flies! Seen any good movies lately?"

edit on 6/7/12 by D.Wolf because: gram

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I have asked them to join. They have already run into enough of your brethren in real life. They have no desire to do so online.

It's interesting that you say that because the FDNY firemen I personally know and work with agree with my ideas completely. In fact many of them were there on 9/11 and personally told me what was going on there. Also none of them appreciate when people talk for them, like for example that they knew that WTC 7 was going to collapse like it did, because that's not true.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Why should anyone care anymore....the word on ATS is...forget about it and move on.

That is the common argument when it comes to African American and Native Americans talking about past abuses...just get over it and move on...

edit on 6-7-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I can

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It is rare for any of my friends to take 9/11 as seriously as I do. Either they are completely uninterested in it or believe that there was something fishy about the whole thing but really don't see how it connects to them.

I don't know anyone who has studied it as much as I have.

Many more people, especially among the younger set, are disturbed about the Iraq War. They see that as a clear example of the neo-Nazism of the United States. They tend to dismiss 9/11 as being irrelevant to their concerns. They follow the Chomsky line on 9/11, that is, that the US got what it deserved for all its foreign meddling.

I can't make these people see how important it would have been if the NYPD had just done what it normally does and arrested Silverstein, sweated him until he gave up someone else and then had gone around to the White House and rounded up the felons.

They don't get it. Very few get it.
edit on 6-7-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Chomsky, still getting those checks from the DoD? Just wondering...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

reply to post by ipsedixit

Chomsky, still getting those checks from the DoD? Just wondering...

Absolutely. Unless he has retired from MIT.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
People will believe things they want to believe and not much more.
I think the scientific, physical or mechanical reasoning is not the best 9/11 approach with women. Correct me but I think men are more inclined to technical matters, and it shows. We should listen to what aspects are crucial to women in this field.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

It's interesting that you say that because the FDNY firemen I personally know and work with agree with my ideas completely. In fact many of them were there on 9/11 and personally told me what was going on there. Also none of them appreciate when people talk for them, like for example that they knew that WTC 7 was going to collapse like it did, because that's not true.

I can see why they wouldnt open up to strangers

www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20051001023512308

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
9/11 is a hoax, it never happened. That's how I feel about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

They are going to give you links where firemen say that the building was damaged and that it was in danger of collapse so they set up a transit and established a perimeter And that is all true

I'm glad you can admit that.

Oh hang on, wait a sec...

what the firemen weren't saying is that this skyscraper looked like it was about to completely and totally collapse

So it was going to collapse but not completely collapse? Forgetting for a moment that there's not really a distinction there, please can you provide evidence of a fireman saying this?

And even if they thought as you say they did, that's quite a long way from teh Truthers' insistence that there's no way it could EVER collapse. The disagreement between fire personnel and Truthers is still very much there.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

They are going to give you links where firemen say that the building was damaged and that it was in danger of collapse so they set up a transit and established a perimeter And that is all true

I'm glad you can admit that.

Oh hang on, wait a sec...

what the firemen weren't saying is that this skyscraper looked like it was about to completely and totally collapse

So it was going to collapse but not completely collapse? Forgetting for a moment that there's not really a distinction there, please can you provide evidence of a fireman saying this?

And even if they thought as you say they did, that's quite a long way from teh Truthers' insistence that there's no way it could EVER collapse. The disagreement between fire personnel and Truthers is still very much there.

The debunkers try to act like they don't see the difference between what the firemen was saying and what actually happened. But that's just posturing, they think if they play stupid it will somehow change the reality.

I got nothing else to add. And as you can see your response is exactly as I expected. Nonsense......

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Most people I know think the OS is a lie but they dont care; it happened in another country and it happened 11 years ago. Most people dont want to discuss it, those who do abandon the discourse because its actually a hard thing to comprehend--that you have been lied to in a massive way by a cabal of... they refuse to think about it.

A former friend did get caught up in the no-planes movement, again someone who was refusing to think about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

I don't know about vipertech, but when the subject comes up, I tell people what the conspiracy theorists are saying on this site, and what I'm trying to convince them of.

I'm sure you tell your friends about the space lasers and fake planes in detail. You shouldn't try to convince anybody, people can think for themselves you know. You can state your opinion and explain how you got to that opinion, but when you try to convince people it kinda makes you look bad. Just my opinion..

Actually, I try to be as fair as possible. Sometimes I mention that occasionally one or two people show up claiming that it was space lasers, or that there weren't planes at all, but for the most part I stick to explaining the demolition standpoint. It is the most popular theory here, if I'm not mistaken.

My problem is when your facts conflict with my facts. Something doesn't add up somewhere, and 9 times out of 10, it is because the conspiracy sites where you get your information are lying or being misleading. I try to get my information from the source, when possible. It tends to help reduce the crap. Unfortunately, you guys somehow manage to come up with things that can't actually be proven. They are insinuations made by the methods of the videos to "ask questions." I say that with quotations because they aren't really asking questions. They are as bad as the Ancient Aliens program on History Channel. Their question is actually a hidden declarative. "Could this have been a demolition? Could all of the officials be lying to us about everything?" It makes you assume that there's no other possibility, and it instills a distrust of all evidence, making it so that you can dismiss anything that contradicts your views as planted by the government.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by viking43

Originally posted by Varemia

Did you by chance omit the fact that WTC 7 was damaged and on fire for 7 hours? That firefighters had set up a collapse perimeter and a transit, noticing bulging and leaning of the structure?

I find that usually turns on a lightbulb in peoples' heads. They say, "oh, I didn't know that." Deception is what the conspiracy requires to continue being proliferated among the ignorant.

I have researched this for years.about everyone in my corner of the world rejects the official version of the tragedy as pure garbage, as far as firefighters setting up a collapse perimeter and a transit and noticing bulging and leaning of the structure, Really? I would love to see a link on that.

Archive's cached page of the interview that talks about it

...also we were pretty sure that 7 World Trade Center would collapse. Early on, we saw a bulge in the southwest corner between floors 10 and 13, and we had put a transit on that and we were pretty sure she was going to collapse. You actually could see there was a visible bulge, it ran up about three floors. It came down about 5 o’clock in the afternoon, but by about 2 o’clock in the afternoon we realized this thing was going to collapse.

Firehouse: Was there heavy fire in there right away?
Hayden: No, not right away, and that’s probably why it stood for so long because it took a while for that fire to develop. It was a heavy body of fire in there and then we didn’t make any attempt to fight it. That was just one of those wars we were just going to lose. We were concerned about the collapse of a 47-story building there. We were worried about additional collapse there of what was remaining standing of the towers and the Marriott, so we started pulling the people back after a couple of hours of surface removal and searches along the surface of the debris. We started to pull guys back because we were concerned for their safety.

This page includes a lot of these interview excerpts and pictures:
911myths.com...

Enjoy learning about the stuff the truth movement tries to hand-wave and ignore.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join