It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do the people you know feel about 911

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Do they address that nation together or do they decide who will address the nation as a representative ?

Both. State of the Union the President, by tradition, addresses the nation. But even that is fairly recent, the constitution only requires that he submit his statement in writing to the full Congress. The President will also address the nation as the chief executive, but his opposite in the house or senate may also make an address as well. Sometimes laws are passed when no one addresses the nation, the laws are just written and published.

We vote them in to represent us...

Yes, that is the "republic" part of the equation.

.....they go and vote on our behalf...

Thats the "democratic" part of the political equation.

and then they send somebody to tell us about it. Or no?

Well, quite frankly, yes and no. Our elected representatives do a lot of voting and investigating without sending someone to "tell us about it". Most of it is a matter of public record. You are more than welcome to look anything up yourself and, of course, more than welcome to contact your representative or any representative, at any level of government and question them directly. There is no legal gaurantee you are going to get a direct and immeadiate answer, but there is nothing in the law that stops you (unless your "questioning" gets threatening or beligerent).

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by earthdude

We never mention it in company. We are a divided nation here in the US. Those that know the truth are silent for fear of being associated with lunatics. Thanks lunatics, you ruined our debates. We keep our mouths shut, and some out of fear of being killed for treason.

The idea that you think that you can be killed for treasons for publically discussing "9/11 inside job" kind of just reinforces the lunatic segment of your statement.

I was referring to those involved in the cover-up, and some of the lunatics. I should widen my discussion so that all may understand. One in every four hundred Americans has information that is top secret, and to leak this information could be deadly. Yes, there are a few who are frightened.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

So when it comes to getting people to support millitary action against lets say iraq, they decide and inform us, is that right? If yes, then when they make up stories which never happened to help us see why we need to go to war, who is responsible for the made up story?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
reply to post by hooper

So when it comes to getting people to support millitary action against lets say iraq, they decide and inform us, is that right? If yes, then when they make up stories which never happened to help us see why we need to go to war, who is responsible for the made up story?

The process was conducted in public, there was an open vote, everyone spoke their piece and our process said go to war. Any "made up stories" are, of course, the responsibilty of the teller.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

reply to post by hooper

The process was conducted in public, there was an open vote, everyone spoke their piece and our process said go to war. Any "made up stories" are, of course, the responsibilty of the teller.

Did you get to vote for iraq war?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You're seriously just going to smoothly move over to WTC1 and 2 to try and prove a point about 7?

And weirdly you've again forgotten to answer my questions. I can only assume you were having a particularly absent-minded week.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

reply to post by hooper

No, I voted for my representatives, who voted for the war.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

You're seriously just going to smoothly move over to WTC1 and 2 to try and prove a point about 7?

And weirdly you've again forgotten to answer my questions. I can only assume you were having a particularly absent-minded week.

I answerd all your questions. And like i said earlier... You realy really make me sick. So i dont want to continue.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by hooper

No, I voted for my representatives, who voted for the war.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Nope. I did the same as you. But even tho most of the people in my district were against the war. Our represantetive voted for ir.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Nope. I did the same as you. But even tho most of the people in my district were against the war. Our represantetive voted for ir.

Well, then, don't vote for him/her again. Tell other people the same thing. Communication is the key. And rational oversight. But, of course, realize that you may not always get your way.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I answerd all your questions.

Actually you didn't answer a single one. Because you can't, I assume.

And like i said earlier... You realy really make me sick. So i dont want to continue.

If I was so comprehensively proven wrong I wouldn't want to continue. And I guess a good old dollop of logic and fact can make the prejudiced feel a bit sick.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join