It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do the people you know feel about 911

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
When I read in other sections of the forum, if 911 is mentioned, even by people whom I have never soon in this particular section, then it is only mentioned in the context of a false flag, perpetrated or enabled by westerners.

This makes me wonder, how do the people you know feel about 911?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Most sheeple buy the OS

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

I do not like talking to people about. It just makes me angry to hear stupidity. People spout all of the crap that they have been programmed to believe: "Muslims hate ahr way uv life" "Dey took ahr jobz". If I have to listen to stupid programmed sheep talk about 911 as if the CIA was not pulling the strings on the whole things I will sooner or later be charged with assault.

The idiots who talk about missiles, directed energy and blue beam are worse because they obfuscate the simple truth that 19 stupid dupes flew the planes and the CIA enabled it all from start to finish. Al CIA Duh was created, trained and funded by CIA since the 80s when the US was proxy warring with Russia over the poppy fields.

link   
I'd say about 30% think it was inside job.
30% believe the OS.
and the rest just dont think at all.

link   
Most people I know IRL feel like there is something wrong with the whole 9/11 thing. They each have different reasons of WHY they feel the way they do, but I don't think I know one single person that does not feel like something fishy went on.

They kind of subscribe to the "Go sell crazy somewhere else...we're all stocked up here." theory every time a different explanation is given.

I myself, also feel like something went on that day. Whether accidentally, purposefully, etc. I don't know. It is one of those subjects that I just keep studying because there are so many different angles.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
My husbands theory is that after the first attempt to bring it down in 1993 someone thought "hey what would happen if this did fall?" Can you imagine how many city blocks it would take out the loss of life and property. Now think about that last item PROPERTY what would be the monetary loss for the party that owned the building not to mention the insurance company that would have to pay out claims. It makes sense that you would take precautions to prevent that. Like controlled demolition. Take it down straight and you reduce the damage. I think they may have let it happen and that somewhere there was a switch to bring it down if something ever happened. Just a theory. Of course if you did something like that you could never tell anyone for the same reasons listed above. What is the term acceptable losses.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sorry wanted to add that whoever let it happen may or may not have know it would be brought down. So it didn't seem like such a bad idea until the other person pushed the button. Even the people who designed and built the towers say or did at the time that it couldn't be brought down (specially straight down) by a plane or even two planes.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Even this site contributes to the idea that Conspiracies are more important than physics.

Human beings cannot change physics regardless of what conspiracies are or are not going on.

So the real level of the problem now is what this says about our experts and engineering schools. After this much time they have a vested interest in keeping themselves from looking STUPID so what is happening with all of this so called STEM education?

But most Truthers care more about Conspiracies than Physics.

So it turns into a Believers versus Believers debate.

psik

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It still haunts me.
It does matter who did it, but to me, the fact that the event happened in the first place is painful enough. Everything else is just salt in the wound. Just like the line of mistakes that happened leading up to Pearl Harbor, we'll find that everybody's hands were dirty. Everybody who had jobs to attend to concerning our nation's safety and welfare failed in some either very small or very large way that all ended up on a bright sunny day, 9-11. One person could have said "That guy looks a bit off" or "What the hell is up with this?" or better yet, pushed those questions a little further. Just a second or third look could have saved us all such pain. Such loss. So no, I don't believe it was JUST al quakia (spelled incorrectly to infer disrespect)... or some islam-mad swine sitting in a festering latrine of a country... or some three piece suited douche bag who wanted to stir the manure either. It was a combination of all. And I feel as if I lost a member of my own family, even though I didn't.
I did however... discover something really beautiful on that same tragic day.
The people of a shallow little town that usually can't see past its own high school drama storyline suddenly pulled together and gave blood, bought lunch for those waiting in line ( a line that wrapped around the block, a line that formed at our hospitals too) and together, the holy rollers and real folk were side by side, pulling together. Like Americans do. Its in our nature to put aside the petty BS and step up when the time comes. Granted things went back to normal.. but even as I will hold to the pain of that day to remind myself that I can be hurt by actions so far away, I will also hold to that pride I felt at seeing my fellow Americans not just talk the talk, but walk the walk.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Most people I know accept the pre-packaged official version because it's convenient for them. They'd rather not think too much.

I have found that by asking people simple questions or mentioning minor points they weren't aware of, in an off-handed way, will sometimes get them thinking. I keep the conversation friendly- no complicated conspiracies or who did what or how or why. I just make a casual remark about one of the many minor discrepancies, improbable participants, or unlikely coincidences: "Wasn't it odd that... " is sometimes enough to get someone to say "Really? I didn't know about that," "Yeah, that didn't make much sense, huh?" without actually putting them on the spot of defending the entire story. It gets them thinking a little without being put on the defensive. They'll connect the dots on their own- just get them wondering about one little thing that didn't make sense,

Doesn't work with everyone of course, but I have gotten a few people to think a bit more critically. That's a start.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I guess its maybe 50/50 with our friends and family. Even the 50% that believe it was "the terrorists" still question things and dont buy the whole story. Then again... its the people we choose to keep close to us and we obviously choose folks who are a little more thoughtful and open minded to call friends.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Most people I talk to seem to realize the official story doesn't really add up, but they don't seem to care.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think it was our era's Pearl Harbor. Not caused by us, but not prevented by us because someone up at the top had an agenda.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think we each surround ourselves with like-minded folk. My friends don't really discuss it much, but we tend to agree when it does come up, and then we go back to chilling and having good times.

I've only met one girl who thought that 9/11 was a conspiracy by the government, and she was very specific in her beliefs about bombs in the basement. She actually got violent with me when I tried to argue about it. I guess that's the plus side to these forums. You can't hurt someone to silence them here, and it means that no matter how much some people think I'm a traitor and shill, my voice can still be heard on equal ground with the "popular kids" of the 9/11 forum.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Varemia because: changed "each-other" to "ourselves," more appropriate word

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Fear is the generally the first thing I see in their eyes when the topic comes up. A few hold their belief and do not want to consider anything else. Most are willing to at least listen to alternative theories, but once they can see where it is going would rather not deal with it. I don't blame them as it is a big complex messy situation, but it does make gaining any support for an appropriate resolution harder.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Most people I know don't believe the official conspiracy theory. But once in while I meet people that never actually cared about what happened and if the issue is brought up I tell them what the official story is and that's all it usually takes for people to realize how stupid the 9/11 Commission Report is. People believe the OS because they don't know what the OS is.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
I think we each surround ourselves with like-minded folk.

No we dont. We surround each other with work colleagues, family and friends we happen to encounter in life. On the internet, yes, on boards like this, thats why I wanted to crosscheck ppls real life experiences.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I'd say about 30% think it was inside job.
30% believe the OS.
and the rest just dont think at all.

lol. hahaha. prolly true...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Some of my work colleagues noticed me on ATS the other day and asked me what it is was, I was looking into the 9/11 forums. I explained that many people have unanswered questions to what happended that day, I gave them a few scenarios (nothing too crazy) and they were shocked.

They all told me that they had no idea at all, & that they had trusted implicitly what the media had stated and believed it without questioning it at all!!

I didnt go crazy conspiracy on them, I didnt even say the word conspiracy when telling them.

All i said was that they should not believe everything they are told & to learn to question things if something doesnt seem right.

Felt like a shephard, waking his sheep!!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join