It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Liberty and Freedom? Dept. of Homeland Security Says You're a Terrorist! Say Goodbye ATS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Original Article

Are you suspicious of federal authority? How about really into individual liberty? Well according to a new study funded by the US Department of Homeland Security, you very well might be a terrorist.

Although I have so much to say about this, the article really says it all. Anyone want to kick this off towards the ultimate ending of "We're all royally [snipped]?" and "Here comes the End of Independent thinking and ATS?
edit on Tue Jul 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

“Groups may also be fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation), anti-global, suspicious of centralized federal authority, reverent of individual liberty and believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty,”
Yep, I am a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Give me liberty or give me death.

It should have been obvious the day the iraq invasion started that the terrorists are in the oval office.

You know, back in 2001, before 9/11 i met someone on irc who lived in the area of the kosovo bs. He sure had a lot of bad things to say about our government. He got me thinking. Then 9/11 happened....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

“Groups may also be fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation), anti-global, suspicious of centralized federal authority, reverent of individual liberty and believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty,”
Yep, I am a terrorist.

Nope. That's what some bloke working for the DHS says. Call it an opinon. A person isn't a terrorist unless they actually cause terror. A person isn't a threat unless they have both intent and capability.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

Yep, I am a terrorist.

Nope. That's what some bloke working for the DHS says. Call it an opinon. A person isn't a terrorist unless they actually cause terror. A person isn't a threat unless they have both intent and capability.
Ok, by their definition I am potential terrorist.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Wow. Just.. wow.
The thought police are coming.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

A person isn't a threat unless they have both intent and capability.

Intent - He looked at me in a funny way
Capability - He's got a cigarett lighter.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yep, I am a terrorist.

Ok, by their definition I am potential terrorist.

Well, perhaps by one person's (quite silly) opinion. I met a bloke in a pub who swears he owns a pink kangaroo, but that doesn't mean our government takes him seriously.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
the most powerfull force in all of Creation,,
the Word.

Is It Next?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Shalomland Insecurity War on Terrorism

------------------------A Warner Brothers Film------------------------

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans ..."
Bill Clinton (USA TODAY, 11 March 1993, page 2A)

I'd say he and all the rest in succession have lived up to the meaning of that quote!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yep,on the "list".
Had a visit ,gargled some water for a bit for them and they left.
I saw nothing.....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

Did anyone actually read the study or just glance of the RT (Russian State Owned Media) article. -Which relies on a quote from Prison Planet....

The report was a rather long read, and while the quote was referencing Right Wing Extremist groups, it also covered a bunch of others.

And while this issue has been blown out of proportion and profited by some, it is still an issue, and was an issue before 9/11.

Unless perhaps someone wants to tell us about how much good the Aryan Nation has been doing for the world:

(e.g., while the Aryan Nations maintained a strong religious conviction to the Christian Identity movement, their raison d’être was to promote a racially homogenous white society).

or some of the more radical religious groups:

(e.g., those who seek to politicize religion, such as Christian Reconstructionists and Islamists), and/or bring about Armageddon (apocalyptic millenarian cults; 2010: 17). For example, Jewish Direct Action, Mormon extremist, Jamaat-al-Fuqra, and Covenant, Sword and the Arm of the Lord (CSA) are included in this category.

I guess the first thing to point out is that this paper focuses on groups and not individuals. You have a personal right to believe and speak about what you so choose. Once you form a group, join a group or become a member of something that has a platform, that platform falls under different scrutiny.

There is an old crusty white man on the end of the street. People ignore him. But if he wanted to start an organization to rival the KKK, then I suppose more attention would be (and ought to be) put on him.

Another quote:

groups that want to bring about change through violent revolution rather than through established political processes.

Anyway, it's worth reading the entire thing before making a judgement.

Link to the actual paper.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

im voting booze he's our hero

i feel better now,,, burp,,

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i read somewhere where they said that people who love animals (like are members of RSPCA, WSPCA etc) or are environmentalists (greenpeace etc) would also be classified as terrorists.

and i know that if you post a thread about the biblical three days of darkeness (and can i say that i'm not religious at all, in fact, i think all the gods were aliens...
) and link to a youtube vid of a catholic saint talking about it, then you get called a terrorist, cuz that happened to me.

No idea how posting a vid of what a catholic saint said (especially when u aren't even religious) makes u a terrorist, but u live and learn, i guess....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

don't u fret,deary, the lord moves in some really, mysterious, ways,, ,,
sometimes

occasionally.
ok ya its all mysterious.
geesh.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

...A person isn't a terrorist unless they actually cause terror. A person isn't a threat unless they have both intent and capability.

And apparently, anyone who thinks independently is a threat to the powers that be, with both intent and capability.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

Or,to put it another way:

“Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?”
― Joseph Stalin

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The Establishment knows it's days are limited, so it's ramping up efforts for more McCarthyism to keep folks nice and scared. We can't have Americans disliking us enough to oust us all, we'll make it illegal, like terrorists!!!! Oh what a world, what a world.....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

Then put me in prison. I would likely not cry too loudly about being in a place where my food/shelter is provided, and i could focus on meditation and contemplation. It will only make me stronger as a person, and with how i like to write that may not work to their favor.

I would rather live free standing at the end of a sword, than in slavery on my knees.

edit on 3-7-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join