It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yasser Arafat 'poisoned with Polonium'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Do you realise that you need weapons grade nuclear reactors to make polonium isotopes.

are you sure about that? i was led to understand that any and all nuclear reactors (commercial) will do the trick.
Po210, a by-product of radioactive radon-222 perhaps?

www.iaea.org...

'Po-210 can be manufactured artificially by irradiating stable bismuth-209 with thermal neutrons resulting in the formation of radioactive Bi-210, which decays (half-life 5 days) into Po-210. Polonium may now be made in milligram amounts in this procedure which uses high neutron fluxes found in nuclear reactors. Only about 100 grams are produced each year, making polonium exceedingly rare.' source the above link

f.
edit on 4-7-2012 by fakedirt because: correction and apologies

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Well how do you get out of Polonium poisoning except by id of the source

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I was just throwing it out there for some balance. It's not like Hamas does not have contacts with organisations around the world, even back then. I agree, if he was poisoned, the primes suspects would be the Israeli secret services but you can't just rule every other suspect out out of hand.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
Really? I thought that AIDS was determined as his death.

This is zionist abuse. They also slander Arafat, a Palestinian national hero, of being a thief who stole billions from his people.

They think their enemies are like their oligarchs, Madoff, Silverstein.

This just shows neocon talking points from years ago can still shape public perception. David Frum who termed the phrase "Axis of evil" for Bush and John Loftus who sees a Nazi behind every corner and is known to make up facts and history from thin air are the ones who started to disseminate this slander. It is of no importance, that there was never any evidence to support it.

Justin Raimondo has written a quite interesting article about the possible polonium poisoning of Arafat for antiwar.com.
original.antiwar.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
FROM THE OPs SOURCE -

Yasser Arafat may have been killed with a lethal dose of the highly radioactive substance Polonium, it has been claimed

IT HAS BEEN CLAIMED .... did you all read that ... it was CLAIMED.
Did you all read that it was AlJazzera that sent to the clothing to the lab?
After all this time ... and it was in Al Jazzera's hands all this time.

- I'm not buying the 'claim' at all.

- Al Jazzera could have done ANYTHING to the clothing during all this time.

- If someone wanted him murdered they would have done it while he was significant.
When he died he was a nobody compared to earlier years.

- He was a massive THIEF. He had stolen hundreds of millions of donation $$ and had them in the Swiss accounts.

- Arrafat lead a horrid lifestyle .. he ate badly and he was a notorious homosexual pedophile rapist.

- The murdering perv probably died of AIDS and the Arab world is still trying to cover for him.

edit on 7/4/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

'Arrafat lead a horrid lifestyle .. he ate badly and he was a notorious homosexual pedophile rapist.'

i did a search on the web for that one and came up with nothing. could you help me out here?

regards fakedirt.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
Really? I thought that AIDS was determined as his death.

This is zionist abuse. They also slander Arafat, a Palestinian national hero, of being a thief who stole billions from his people.

Arafat stole billions from the 'palestinian' people and was a notorious homosexual pedophile rapist.
The truth isn't 'slander' or 'zionist abuse' ... it's just the truth. Arafat was no hero. Not even close.

Arafats Billions

Yasser Arafat diverted nearly $1 billion in public funds to insure his political survival, but a lot more is unaccounted for. Jim Prince and a team of American accountants - hired by Arafat's own finance ministry - are combing through Arafat's books. Given what they've already uncovered, Arafat may be rethinking the decision. Lesley Stahl reports.....

So far, Prince's team has determined that part of the Palestinian leader's wealth was in a secret portfolio worth close to $1 billion -- with investments in companies like a Coca-Cola bottling plant in Ramallah, a Tunisian cell phone company and venture capital funds in the U.S. and the Cayman Islands.

Although the money for the portfolio came from public funds like Palestinian taxes, virtually none of it was used for the Palestinian people; it was all controlled by Arafat. And, Prince says, none of these dealings were made public.

Ion Mihai Pacepa, former head of Romanian intelligence, wrote Red Horizons and exposed the dosier that the KGB had on Arafat ... full of homosexual pedophilia.

Arafats medical report reveals AIDS symptoms
Oh .. and it also showed no poison.

The legacy of this 'hero'

Arafat is responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Palestinians and 95,000 Lebanese Arabs who were killed by his minions during his twelve-year reign of terror in that country. Nearly 500,000 Lebanese were made homeless in the same period. Arafat is also responsible for ruin and poverty that pervades the West Bank. From 1967-1994, under Israeli rule, the economy of the West Bank Palestinians prospered. GDP grew at an average rate of 13 percent per year, tourism sky-rocketed, seven universities were created, infant mortality plummeted, life expectancy increased, and the well-being of the Palestinian Arabs improved substantially by World Bank measures. At one point almost 300,000 Palestinians were working in the Israeli economy, with earnings well above their counterparts in neighboring Arab states. Spurred by this prosperity, the Arab population of the West Bank and Gaza Strip soared from about 950,000 in 1967 to over 3,000,000 in 1994.

But after the Oslo Accords transferred authority in the West Bank to Arafat in July 1994, the decline of its economy followed swiftly. Arafat plunged the West Bank and Gaza into a ten-year reign of terror, poverty, hunger, and malnutrition. After Oslo, billions of dollars in international aid flowed into the PA, from the EU, the US, and Arab countries. Yet the Palestinian people saw almost nothing of this bounty. Rather than using that aid to build his state, with schools, hospitals, roads, and social services, Arafat created a massive kleptocracy of cronies and loyalists who siphoned off vast fortunes to personal accounts in Switzerland and elsewhere. The rest he squandered on his terror war against Israel.

Although hundreds of tons of humanitarian supplies entered the West Bank and Gaza regularly, almost none reached Palestinians, because Arafat created a monopoly on the transfer of food to Arab cities in the West Bank with supplies going only to designated PA officials who then sold them to favored merchants. Thus Arafat and his cronies grew rich by intensifying food shortages at the expense of his own starving people.

Mass murderer. Thief. Pedophile.
Gee ... all we have to do is add in 'caravan raider' and he's just like Muhammad.
That's just the truth of the matter.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
i did a search on the web for that one and came up with nothing. could you help me out here?

Google - Ion Mihai Pacepa, former head of Romanian intelligence, wrote Red Horizons and exposed the dosier that the KGB had on Arafat ... full of homosexual pedophilia.

The 'horrid lifestyle' ... the guy was holed up in that stinkbomb of a building for years. barely getting out. Not eating right. Not having proper medical care even though he had billions of stolen $$ in the Swiss banks. Add in his nasty sexual habits ... he was primed for bad health.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Yes we all know it is claimed. AlJaz did not conduct the tests. I'm sure any recently added Polonium could be detected in comparison to older traces of the metal.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Where is the evidence he was a pedophile?

Whether he was a homosexual or not is quite irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
AlJaz did not conduct the tests.

Your article says that they sent the clothing for the tests to be done. That means they had the clothing all this time in their control. Any credible forensics lab on the planet will tell you that the custody chain was broken and the clothing considered contaminated .. and that any results wree unreliable.

I'm sure any recently added Polonium could be detected in comparison to older traces of the metal.

Polonium
Depends on which one is used. The halflife changes .... it can be as much as 2898 years. Which means you wouldn't see a change from just a couple of years. Or it could be as little as 30 days .. which means that after a few years you would't see ANY on his clothing and, if the clothing was coming up positive for it, that means someone added it in. Polonium, from what I am reading, is also very easily airborne. So was his clothing hermetically sealed or was it just left in the open to contamination before Al Jazeera sent it off for testing.

I question why the testing now. It's odd.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Where is the evidence he was a pedophile?

Already provided.

Whether he was a homosexual or not is quite irrelevant.

He raped little boys and his male bodyguards and not little girls or women.
Homosexual isn't a dirty word .. it's a discription of his sexual preferences during the rapes.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Fair enough on your skepticism, I agree it is not completely clear and never claimed it to be.

So you believe the sole source of a KGB defector? Your skepticism does appear quite selective. I agree Arafat was no hero and was clearly monetarily corrupt, if he committed operations that killed civilians, he is a terrorist, like most world leaders.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Who gives a damn how Yasser died the important thing is that he did die. It was a long time too late.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

You are, of course, free to believe or disbelieve anything you wish. I find the negative information - both on his theft of billions in aid money from the 'palestinians' and his on lifestyle - on Arafat to be credible. Nothing has been able to dispute it. No credible evidence to the contrary. The medical information at the time of his death showed his symptoms to be in line with AIDS (as well as other NATURAL - not poison - things).

Believe as you wish.
At this time I definately lean away from poison and go with that he died because he lived a horrid life.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
Russian intelligence's preferred poison is cyanide ,not thalium or Polonium.

Wasn't the KGB notorius for the cut-off-their-balls-type of scenario, and leaving their trademark as don-corleone-style?

Everyones preferred poison is cyanide, and the slow-death one is arsenic.

Someone using radio-active poisoning, is someone who has hatred for him and his cause, and wants him to die the most painful death possible.

YA always had sympathisers among the European population. While he was alive, the Palestiniain people were considered the "jews of modern time". In all Universities across Europe, it was considered "intelligent" to be communist, and to support the Palestinian cause. This, however, has changed in the aftermath of his death.

Because, the support for Palestine was always entwined with Arafat and his persona. So was the sympathies for all Arabs. The rise of Hamas, Al-Qaida and other organisations across the middle-east, has only served to give a different picture of the people of the middle-east, than that portrait by Arafat and others.

And since I am a firm believer, that there are no coincidences in the Universe ... I thereby firmly suspect, that the outcome, was the purpose of what happened before.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

At this time I definately lean away from poison and go with that he died because he lived a horrid life.

The man didin't steal anything ... what an absurd, blind and idiotic idea ... and utterly profain idea. The money given to Arafat, was not for the people of Jordan. They were given to him, for the purpose of sustaining his fight for creating his Palestine. It was not given to the Hamas, or any other factions of Palistinian terrorist groups. His Palestine, is not the same Palestine as that created by the British Empire.

The real "suggested" theft, is that done by the Hamas, and other terrorist groups. That are trying to get their hands on the money, to finance their "terrorist" organisations. While Isreal probably "supports" it, because by doing that, Palestine will end up being poor as it was before, and end up being part of Isreal.

I suggest you read history ... and educate yourself.

The old myth that Britain was merely ‘holding the ring’ — trying to keep the peace between two irrational, warring parties — is a gross misunderstanding of history.

In November 1918, Palestine did not exist as a political entity. What became mandate Palestine was carved out of four districts of the Ottoman empire, which had ruled the roost since 1516. In the Jewish world, only a small, though growing, minority were members of the Zionist movement by the end of the Great War. Many Jews were virulently opposed to the idea, though most were indifferent to what was viewed as a utopian movement. In 1918, approximately 10% of the population of the Holy Land were Jewish, of whom many were not Zionist. Amongst the Arab population, there was a growing sense of Palestinian identity before 1914. But this was just one of many competing loyalties at the time. Just after the war, the predominant aim of Arab nationalists in Palestine was to establish independence for Greater Syria—incorporating today’s Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Palestinian territories, and Jordan.

But by the end of British rule in May 1948 there had emerged a powerful Zionist movement. It had succeeded in forging the institutions for statehood and independence. Palestinian nationalism had also become deep-rooted in Arab society. But the Arab population suffered from under-development, debt, widespread illiteracy, disillusionment, and the after effects of Britain’s decimation of the Palestinian Uprising of 1936 to 1939. These seeds of Zionist victory and Palestinian defeat were the direct outcome of Britain’s drafting, interpretation, and implementation of the league of nations mandate for Palestine.

The principal reason for this oversight is that the government was not focused on the future of Palestine when it issued the Declaration. Their primary objective was to rally world Jewry behind the Allied war effort, especially in Russia and the United States. This policy was pursued because of a mistaken belief in Jewish power and commitment to Zionism.

Original text

edit on 4/7/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
The man didin't steal anything ... what an absurd, blind and idiotic idea ... and utterly profain idea. The money given to Arafat, was not for the people of Jordan.

And you have the audacity to tell me to educate myself?
Seriously dude .. go read the links provided.
His own financial team says he stole billions in donated funds.
It was all in his swiss accounts and scattered in investments around the world.
He was a HORRID person. Responsible for the deaths of thousands of people.
Thousands of 'palestinians' whom he supposedly cared so deeply about.
Thousands of non-palestinians as well.

If there is a hell .. he's there.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
A significant fact is that, of all the people cooped up in the Mukata, only Arafat was poisoned ... and a lot of it. Even if the Israelis wanted to, it would be quite a trick for them to make sure that all the Polonium reached Arafat and wasn't scattered to anyone else. So it would appear that the poisoning was an entirely inside job - someone inside the Mukata, known to Arafat and presumably trusted by him. Someone who knew (and maybe control) the internal practices of the Mukata, because, for example, the Polonium didn't spread to everyone else by way of laundering Arafat's clothes or bedding.

Arafat had lots of enemies even among Palestinian Arabs. He was making himself rich by stealing money intended for the Palestinian Authority - and he probably wasn't sharing the loot; someone may have resented his embezzlement or at least his selfishness. Maybe someone wanted to replace him as supreme thief.

Arafat had also had a lot of Arab rivals killed off. One way he managed to avoid being assassinated by the Israelis over the years was his very secret ploy: When the Palestinians (not necessarily the PLO but maybe the PFLP or something similar, which he didn't control) had committed some terrorist atrocity that made the Israeli public clamor for Arafat to be cornered and killed, Arafat would contact someone known to him in Israeli Intelligence; "Let me live and I'll give up so-and-so (another known terrorist) - I know where he is, I'll even send him instructions to go someplace where you can target him." Arafat used this trick at least twenty times, getting rid of rivals, critics, operatives for competing Palestinian terrorist groups, and occasionally supporters he valued less than his own life. This may not have remained Arafat's little secret - some other Palestinian may have tumbled to Arafat's get-out-of-jail card and resented it.

A possibility is that Arabs brought radioactive stuff into the Mukata and Arafat knew of it, maybe even handled the container, without realizing that it was leaking. Perhaps some Arabs in another country, such as Syria, wanted to show him that they were on the brink of developing a nuke to use on Israel, so they sent Arafat a glow-in-the-dark souvenir as evidence as a cheer-up gift. Only the damn thing had sprung a leak and maybe nobody knew that.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

This is not news and was well known many years ago Arafart was poisoned.

It's highly likely one of the Hamas chiefs was the culprit however who is going to care now? I'm glad the ugly bastard Arafart is long gone.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join