It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found-US Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
From the mind that brought you news of the scariest worms ever...

Ripley! Acid spitting, bone eating 'alien' worms

...comes a story about a creature that won't haunt your nightmares, mermaids! And now the US has had to go and ruin the dreams of all whom wished to procreate with deep sea wenches

THE United States government has assured its citizens that, much like zombies, mermaids probably do not exist, saying in an official post: "No evidence of aquatic humanoids has ever been found".

So why the need to be such killjoys?

The agency, charged with responding to natural hazards, received letters inquiring about the existence of the sea maidens after the Discovery Channel's Animal Planet network broadcast "Mermaids: The Body Found" in May. The show "paints a wildly convincing picture of the existence of mermaids, what they may look like, and why they've stayed hidden ... until now", a Discovery Channel press release says.

But there may be hope yet!

Conversely, the US government declaration offered no conclusive proof to deny the existence of mermaids

Original article below

Are mermaids real?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Toddlez

There are indeed aquatic humanoids in government. Alex Jones and David Icke will back me up on this. Probably.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Any mermaid that possibly exists definitely won't look like the ones from fairytales

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

BS. I can't get my wife out of the water when we're surfing...and she's hot as h3ll.

She doesn't have a fin YET, but I keep telling her our kids might sprout one.

edit on 3-7-2012 by V4SL4ND because: poo poo de doo doo

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by V4SL4ND

BS. I can't get my wife out of the water when we're surfing...and she's hot as h3ll.

She doesn't have a fin YET, but I keep telling her our kids might sprout one.

edit on 3-7-2012 by V4SL4ND because: poo poo de doo doo

ummmm.... pics or it didn't happen!!! ..... nice pics mind you.... topless if you want, but that's at your discretion!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Conversely, the US government declaration offered no conclusive proof to deny the existence of mermaids

'Hey Bob, know what would be fun? Let's screw with the conspiracy nuts a little!'

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I took some, but they always come out blurry. I call it the "Bigfoot Curse".

Sorry, you'll just have to believe, lol.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by V4SL4ND

awwww mannnn

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

ORLY?

go to 49:20

and see a mermaid for reel. they break it down in this video how it could not be a human in a suit by the way the tale moves and the fact that the fish arent scared of it.

and if any of you have read about conspericies concerning hp lovecraft you would now that some people think his storys about innsmouth and dagon are allegorical or that they may elude to hidden things that are "real" and there are tons of short storys that refer to these reptile like aquatic humans and the governments involvement with them.

also check out the dogon fish people called nommos.

edit on 4-7-2012 by hopethishelps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Any mermaid that possibly exists definitely won't look like the ones from fairytales

True. In fact, the "actual" accounts given throughout history of so called mermaids, differs quite widely from the descriptions given in fairytales; According to actual claimed accounts, the beings are not only female, but both female and male specimens are reported just as equally, and they are also incapable of speaking and do neither want eat after capture even when offered food.

As for the descriptions of the actual apparence of these beings, they are generally described as having either green or black hair, webbed fingers and sometimes also a grayish skintone, but apart from that, generally fully humanoid faces, heads and torsos and in no way resembling Seals, Dugongs or Manatees.

One example of such an account(there have been many) can be found in a richly illustrated book published in the year 1717 describing the lifeforms in tropical waters, (“Poissons, écrevisses et crabes de diverses couleurs et figures extraordinaires, que l’on trouve autour des Isles Moluques,” ) being the result of thirty years’ labour, in the Indian seas, by Blatazar Coyet, where the description and also a following depiction of a creature that was captured in the nets near the island of Borné, can be found, and reads as follows;

“See-wyf. A monster resembling a Siren, caught near the island of Borné, or Boeren, in the Department of Amboine. It was 59 inches long, and in proportion as an eel. It lived on land, in a vat full of water, during four days seven hours. From time to time it uttered little cries like those of a mouse. It would not eat, though it was offered small fish, shells, crabs, lobsters, &c. After its death, some excrement was discovered in the vat, like the secretion of a cat.”

It was further described as follows;

its body olive-tinted and its hair the color of kelp; its fingers are four-jointed and there is a fringe around its waist which was orange, with a blue border. It had a slate-grey face and green fins, and a delicate row of pink hairs running the length of its tail.

Depiction and plate from the book: upload.wikimedia.org...

There are also the account taken from Pontoppidan's Natural History of Norway;

About a mile from the coast of Denmark, near Landscrona, three sailors, observing something like a dead body floating in the water, rowed towards it. When they came within seven or eight fathoms, it still appeared as at first, for it had not stirred; but at that instant it sank, and came up almost immediately in the same place. Upon this, out of fear, they lay still, and then let the boat float, that they might the better examine the monster, which, by the help of the current, came nearer and nearer to them. He turned his face and stared at them, which gave them a good opportunity of examining him narrowly. He stood in the same place for seven or eight minutes, and was seen above the water breast-high. At last they grew apprehensive of some danger, and began to retire; at which the monster blew up his cheeks and made a kind of lowing noise, and then dived from their view.
In regard to his form, they declare in their affidavits, which were regularly taken and recorded, that he appeared like an old man, strong limbed, with broad shoulders, but his arms they could not see. His head was small in proportion to his body, and had short, curled black hair, which did not reach below his ears; his eyes lay deep in his head, and he had a meagre face, with a black beard; about the body downwards, this merman was quite pointed like a fish.

A couple of other accounts for the interested;

In 1560, near the island of Mandar, on the west of Ceylon, some fishermen entrapped in their net seven mermen and mermaids, of which several Jesuits, and Father Henriques, and Bosquez, physician to the Viceroy of Goa, were witnesses. The physician examined them with a great deal of care, and dissected them. He asserts that the internal and external structure resembled that of human beings.

And;

Captain Weddell, well known for his geographical discoveries in the extreme south of the globe, relates the following story:— “A boat’s crew were employed on Hall’s Island, when one of the crew, left to take care of some produce, saw an animal whose voice was even musical. The sailor had lain down, and about ten o’clock he heard a noise resembling human cries; and as daylight in these latitudes never disappears at this season, he rose and looked around, but, on seeing no person, returned to bed. Presently he heard the noise again, rose a second time, but still saw nothing. Conceiving, however, the possibility of a boat being upset, and that some of the crew might be clinging to some detached rocks, he walked along the beach a few steps, and heard the noise more distinctly, but in a musical strain. Upon searching round, he saw an object lying on a rock a dozen yards from the shore, at which he was somewhat frightened. The face and shoulders appear of human form, and of a reddish colour; over the shoulders hung long green hair; the tail resembled that of the seal, but the extremities of the arms he could not see distinctly. The creature continued to make a musical noise while he gazed about two minutes, and on perceiving him it disappeared in an instant. Immediately when the man saw his officer, he told this wild tale, and to add weight to his testimony (being a Romanist) he made a cross on the sand, which he kissed, as making oath to the truth of his statement. When I saw him, he told the story in so clear and positive a manner, making oath to its truth, that I concluded he must really have seen the animal he described, or that it must have been the effect of a disturbed imagination.”

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Star for you, that was a lot of research!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The same government that tells you Area 51 does not exist, I believe we are not the only humanoid species on this rock we call earth.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The government is obviously lying to us again because they always do. They didn't even post any proof denying the existance of mermaids/humanoid aquatic creatures so they are more than likely lying to us again. Just thinking about a humanoid creature that lives in the deep fills me with awe and excitement but also with fear of the unknown.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by camarosquid

Right, so, how would *you* go about disproving the existence of a species that you haven't found?

Probably by saying that you have no evidence of it, right?

Besides, it doesn't make a whole ton of sense for primates (humanoids..?) to enter the aquatic environment. We're so darn good at manipulating our terrestrial world. Maybe when we run out of resources on land we'll adapt to enter that ecological niche. That's pretty extreme, though. I don't even know what the intermediate forms of that would look like.

Anyway, there are the ones in submarines...

new topics

top topics

join