It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American vaccines outsourced. Are we jeopardizing ourselves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Instead of vaccines being manufactured here in the US for Americans and by Americans for our own health and safety, I see we are outsourcing the vaccines. The latest case in point is the flu vaccine. Do we really as a country want to rely on foreign sources for something that is critical to the health safety and lives of Americans? This latest vaccine shortage gets me a bit peeved especially knowing that it's common that the flu kills thousands I believe every year and yet we are still outsourcing. I suppose something very important to the health of every American doesn't always register among politicians as something that should be made here in the USA.

If we can't get enough flu vaccines, what would happen if a bio terror attack happened? The thought doesn't make me feel any better. Anyone else think the US should rely on production of vaccines within our own border for our own safety?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Vaccines are not a good idea in the first place, as we are just made to think/believe that they are. It's a supposed quick fix for people who are not exactly eating/living nutritionally (lazy, ie; a lot of people). The body is more than capable of fighting many foreign entities, if nutritioned and looked after carefully. It's also very important to breast feed babies, so that it can be prepared to fight illnesses that it's mother already had experienced. Information is passed on through the secreated milk.

Think of it like never servicing a car, and just when it hits a bump, giving it some miracle glue (with contents unknown) to hold it together. When all it needed was that extra 3 mins to warm up before driving, and a touch up on all its liquids and parts every now and then. I haven't taken one since I was 14, and had to approach city hall with payment to excuse myself from the mandatory requirement in my school! So much for freedom... I also mainly feel against it because one of my half brothers died at a very young age due to these vaccinations. Even if the chances of death are small, it's still a chance, and that makes it not worth it. How would you feel if you child died due to a technicality? Certainly not very happy-sunshine.

Do you think health and well being are pushes for vaccinations? Actually, billions of dollars in profit from drug companies are what push them, its a market. As to what orionthehunter was talking about, having them produced out of the country, is obviously done to reduce cost of manufacturing, like most of everything else we purchase today.

*Gasp*

So yes, we are jeopardizing ourselves.

Ughh, that's the end of my rant on this particular subject.

deaf fences hit

PS: As for all these flu strains and such, we first have to ask why they've become so prominent in the last century alone. Can anyone say scientific experimentation? Well that's just another conspiracy all on it's own.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by deaf fences hit]

[edit on 7-10-2004 by deaf fences hit]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I agreed with Deaf, its not like our vaccines are all that safe to begin with, I myself do not take anything I am or am not suppost to, I try and do things natrally, for the fact that the more crap you put in yourself and not knowing whats in it, the more crap you might end up with.

This goes for everything but we have to eat, I do not drink water unless its been purified and or boiled. I live in PA and I am thinking of starting a garden soon. SO vaccinations are out for myself.. and everything else flu shot and every other kinda drug you can think of..

and here is a nice post by someone who went thru this vaccination crap.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

read 6th post down.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by deaf fences hit
The body is more than capable of fighting many foreign entities, if nutritioned and looked after carefully. It's also very important to breast feed babies, so that it can be

Healthy people can catch polio and die
Pertussis will strike down a health infant in a flash.
Vaccines are there for disease prevention. No amount of diet and exersize will help you if you contract these diseases. You may help the immune systems, but you still have a chance at catching them. Bettter to give your immune system a booster than to let it fend for itself.

You are correct about breast feeding and that is proff that immunizations workl. THe mother primarily in the colustrum or early milk passes on antibodies and in effect immunizes her baby with the same immune system components that she has.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Ok FredT, I see where you are coming from and agree totally. I suppose I was coming from something more along the lines of what the vaccines actually are. Their purpose is to prevent disease, true. But we must underline the risks. Are they acceptable, if these risks are only minimal?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by deaf fences hit
Ok FredT, I see where you are coming from and agree totally. I suppose I was coming from something more along the lines of what the vaccines actually are. Their purpose is to prevent disease, true. But we must underline the risks. Are they acceptable, if these risks are only minimal?

From my perspective yes. I am Peds Critical Care Transport Nurse, so i see the effects of these diseases first hand. Well maybe not polio. In my ten years I have seen more kids die of pertussis than I care to remeber. From that perspective, the risks assosiated with vaccinations is acceptible. I have accepted them in regards to my almost 2 year old.

IMHO the risks are minimal enought to warrent thier use.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This is what makes a debate like this very difficult for me. Your opinion is entirely plausible for your situation. Perhaps it'd be different if you lost someone close because of it, as it would for me if I was in your place. But back on topic.

A look at some of the ingredients, depending on the vaccine, to name a few:

Heavy metals like mercury and aluminum
Formaldehyde (a carcinogen) - used in embalming fluids
Phenol (also a carcinogen) - may cause paralysis, convulsions, coma, and necrosis and gangrene
Aluminum phosphate - aluminum salt which is corrosive to tissues
Retro-virus (SV-40) - contaminant virus of some polio vaccines
Antibiotics - (i.e., neomycin tm) for infection
Sodium Phosphate - a buffering salt

Much more research anywhere in the right places will show that they are known to suppress the immune system, cause neurological damage, cause other illness, kidney and skin damage, cause death, create allergies, and prevent future health. A quick fix now can create long term side effects.

Some links:

here and here

[edit on 7-10-2004 by deaf fences hit]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
While I have heard of some vaccines causing harm and even death, overall I still believe vaccines are mostly positive for the general population. I might feel different if the vaccine was mandatory as it was for those in the military. If the vaccine is not mandatory and works great to promote health and to prevent disease I think it's great. I've been taking flu shots for the last few years and have never gotten the flu or even been that sick during the winter months since I've been taking them the last few years. I haven't missed any days from work or accidently gotten others sick either. Getting the flu vaccine shot has been beneficial to me and others.

I am concerned with the safety of vaccines though in particular an alternative to the flu shot I heard about that is some kind of mist spray. I don't know how safe that is or how effective or if you may develope the flu from the mist spray.

I suppose when only 36,000 people die each year from the flu that this does not make the flu vaccine shot as sometime critical to the safety of Americans. We as a nation are more concerned about cost and getting things outsourced at the cheapest possible price.

top topics

join