It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Police Get Battlefield Weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Military Weapons for the streets?

I believe that we are now going to start seeing more police brutality and 'Mistakes' being made by British Police. All in the name of 'Safety'.

We only have to look at America for example. The bigger their weapons, the more dangerous they become to the public. Ego plays a big part of course. Give someone a gun and they'll shoot at a target. Give someone an assault weapon and the target just isn't as satisfying IMO.

I just don't see this being a good move but who knows? Millions of CCTV's AND Militarized Police...How can anything go wrong?

Damn, let's just give all police, politicians, bankers, corporate elite all the weapons and keep making those laws that slowly take them away from the people. It's where things are going anyways.

I guess we just have to ask our British friends...Are you ready to not only be spied on 24 hrs a day but to have militarized gestapo roaming the streets as well? Shades of Orwell!

www.presstv.ir...

The Ministry of Defense has put the contracts for 30,000 modern assault rifles out to tender to major arms producers around the world to supply the “civilian police” with the state-of-the-art weaponry by 2014 under the pretext of fighting terrorists and criminal gangs.

Media reports said the police chiefs are already considering arming their officers with the Canadian-made C8 SFW carbine, the same assault rifle the Special Air Service uses in its high-profile operations. Some of the features the police want to ensure the new rifles have are being adaptable to use of grenade launchers, silencers and different sights.

Grenade launchers? Silencers? Now why would they need these little toys in the streets?

Grenade launchers are not used to arrest a drunk driver...and a silencer? This one I can't even fathom.

Peace

edit on 3-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
this is the same britain with all the gun control laws?
and how often to the police run into heavily armed terrorists that need to be dealt with assault rifles with grenade launchers?

i can only see this is preparations for some kind of civil uprising or a coming war with high risk of land invasion and a military spread too thin
(or a weapons manufacturer/dealer with friends in high places who is using these connections to make a # load of money selling the british government equipment they dont need)
edit on 3-7-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
this is the same britain with all the gun control laws?
and how often to the police run into heavily armed terrorists that need to be dealt with assault rifles with grenade launchers?

i can only see this is preparations for some kind of civil uprising or a coming war with high risk of land invasion and a military spread too thin
(or a weapons manufacturer/dealer with friends in high places who is using these connections to make a # load of money selling the british government equipment they dont need)

Yup, same Britain.

I think they know what's coming...and it ain't terrorists but a right proper civil uprising.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The grenade launcher attachment may be used to shoot 25mm tear gas grenade. I doubt they would equip police forces with frags ?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
OMG If you only knew some of the bafoons I used to work with for almost 20 years in the British Police Force, I would be afraid, Very afraid!

Some of these idiots shouldn't even be allowed to carry a Casco Baton or CS gas, never mind a gun!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

but why attach it to an assault rifle rather than just hucking a can of teargas? im not aware of the cost but i would assume the cans would be cheaper than grenades and the equipment to fire them as well as being more suited to the job and environment (policing a largely unarmed civilian population in a highly populated urban area)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

but why attach it to an assault rifle rather than just hucking a can of teargas? im not aware of the cost but i would assume the cans would be cheaper than grenades and the equipment to fire them as well as being more suited to the job and environment (policing a largely unarmed civilian population in a highly populated urban area)

Yes I like the idea of chucking the tear gas rather then shooting it. We all know the police already abuse the use of 40mm grenade launchers by shooting it directly at people's faces rather then the ground.

But a suppressor for an assault rifle? what are they trying to be, assassins?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So they brainwash the population into fearing guns and then arm themselves to the teeth.
Good thing fear seems to really work on the British mind. I am sure it is all for your own good. The right to defend yourself is not needed when your government can do it for you. Kool aid anyone.

I think they should make you all change to sporks.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
The grenade launcher attachment may be used to shoot 25mm tear gas grenade. I doubt they would equip police forces with frags ?

ah, but they don't say that do they?

Somehow I don't doubt it tho.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
my memory could be a little off but isnt the anniversary of the 2011 riots coming up?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

my memory could be a little off but isnt the anniversary of the 2011 riots coming up?

Not sure of the date but there was an earlier thread about the police expecting more riots this summer.

Just in time for the Olympics.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm in the UK
Just over a year ago I attended a 3 day course to obtain a qualification. On the third day during a coffe break we were asked
"What do you think about the idea of british policemen being armed"

Nobody spoke so I said
"I think its a bad idea."

The reply shocked me. The lady said-
"I was abroad and a shop keeper accused a boy of shoplifting, the boy refused to empty his pockets so a policeman put his gun to the boys head and the boy emptied his pockets, Dont you think its worth it to save all that time and bother?

This was not presented as part of the course, it was asked during a coffee break.

I asked
"What if the boy was innocent?"

the reply was
"I dont think a policeman would do that to someone who is innocent" and the lady then left the room.

I always felt we were asked for the purpose of viewing our response, having seen this thread it appears I was right.

Bang bang your dead, shall we ask questions now?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It dovetails with the privatization effort.Your world is going to be very different after the Olympics I think.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I don't really see the problem. I'm sure by 'grenade launcher' they are not considering giving the police grenades but tear gas canisters. Suppressors make A LOT of sense in an urban environment. You can still tell it's a gunshot, it just helps if you don't have time to slap in ear plugs. I'm actually about to start the long and annoying process to purchase a few for myself.

I like the tannerite target.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Lol at you Brits. How did you let it come to this? Can't scrap against an AR with a pool cue and a broken beer bottle, but if you managed to they'd probably just use cctv footage to pick you up later.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is what happens when you have a big city American head cop telling you how to do things.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i'd take that article with a pinch of salt

why would the MOD be sourcing weapons for the normal, every day, civilian police?

surely they'd be for the MOD police, who are routinely armed anyways i think.

and what are "high profile" SAS operations?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
so they are going to arm the Police with BB guns?
looking at image that is lol (Magazine)

couldnt resist

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The weapons will not be for general police it will be for the likes of anti terror units and #....

... is this really about to turn into another thread about how whipped the UK is for not being allowed to own guns like the US????

PLEASE!!!!! - How is your gun crime rate at the moment?.......

Nothing wrong with admitting that a person can be clever but any group of people are stupid, no shame in admitting that humans (in general) are not responsible enough to be allowed to own guns as they are used for bad or involved in more accidents than they are used for good
edit on 7-7-2012 by FlyingSorcerer because: , because, because, because

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The difference between the British Police having military weapons and the United States Police having military weapons is the United States citizens also have weapons. It will be a lot harder to force the United States citizens into submission. Thank GOD they haven’t gotten rid of all our rights... yet!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join