It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California bill could allow more than two parents per child

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Parenthood is also about obligations, parental rights and rights of the child. Some government involvement is certainly needed to regulate these.

THIS

Is whats wrong with the USA today.

Before your precious government came along Mothers and Fathers who know whats best for their children have been raising healthy happy kids to adulthood for many thousands of years if not hundreds of thousands of years.

If you think you need government to tell you how to raise your kids then please don't have any because you are not fit to be a parent.
edit on 4-7-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I don't understand the point....... I really don't. To me I see them overcomplicating a system, that they can't even handle properly with only one or two parents. And adding more seems like a good idea why?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

You wouldn't find much comfort in Portland

Actually I live in Riverside Ca, and this place is Super conservitive compared to the rest of ca, the main reason we want to go to that area is that it hits the right price for us when it comes to cost of land, and nearness to services if we need it.

Plus any place outside of Ca allows me to get the guns I really want... stoopid ca gun control.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Making the state recognize someone officially as a Third parent will do nothing for the kid that cannot already be done. The system has nothing to do with this.

Just because you say this doesn't make it true.

The CPS in CA does a lot of crap that is unnecessary and borderline illegal. They take some kids away from good families just because they are "strange" and put other kids back into awful situations just because "it all looks fine".

There has never been any case where a kid fell through the cracks of the system in any way because they needed yet another parent.

So, what you're saying is that there has never - in the history of the US - been a child whose sole legal guardian was found incompetent and the child was then placed in foster care?

Where have you been?

The kid already has at least one active parent - legally that's good enough in every state in the country.

I don't know what kind of life you've lived, JohnPhoenix, but I would have loved for some family member who could claim legal guardianship to step up and taken me away from my biological parents.

But, they could not have done this without a significant legal battle and a large amount of state intervention at the home. This kind of law would have been much simpler and allowed for an easier transition from one home to another.

You seem to think this law implies that it is mandatory for people to register multiple parents? This would be a voluntary legal guardianship: allowing people who are not biological parents but who care for a child as a biological parent would to make decisions on behalf of the child (ex: emergency medical situations, and situations where the children have been removed from the home).

Frankly, I would totally support this law because I have younger siblings whose biological parents (also my own biological parents) are total crap guardians. I would definitely like to be able to take care of them without having to battle the court system for several years before they realize that the "parents" are nothing of the sort.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
There was a thread not long ago about this happening in the UK... except it had to do with children containing DNA from three parents.

And now this pops up?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join