It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of paying crazy prices for razorblades?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yeah that sounds totally legit. NOT.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I think there must be something here. My wife uses a fancy replaceable blade razor, and it is one blade per shave. I shave every day with a cheap Bic throw away razor, the blue ones, and ordinary hand soap and water. One of these razors lasts me for a month before it gets clogged and dulled. Now If I use her shave cream, things change, and the razor wears out faster.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'd had it about a month ago with Gillette's blade prices. I went to Dollar Tree and bought a 10 pack of Personna disposable razors. The double blades are made in the USA and was a buck for a pack of 10. Does a brand new Gillette shave better than a $0.10 Personna? Yep. Does it shave 30 times better? Hell no!
Fifteen shaves on the first one and no noticeable difference yet.

Speaking of the Gillette "Give them the razor, sell them the blades" marketing strategy, it seem's like a bunch of the inkjet printer manufacturers have taken it to heart, not only are the carts priced more than what the original printer sells for, they now have the printers set up not to print with refilled/remanned carts, and stop you from printing before the OEM cart runs out of ink

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tworide

Indeed also the printer business is affected by this cancer.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
My barber uses one to finish up and shave the back of my neck.

That sounds heavenly, when the hairdresser gets the back of my neck for hair, she just uses the buzzer.

A straight razor sounds incredible.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob

Originally posted by cyberjedi
Hey guys,

anyone any advice on getting longer life out of one blade? Drying after use, good cleaning or something? Someone said its cause of the cream that it deteriates so fast?

Raising Hand! Raising Hand!

Here's the real deal. It doesn't matter WHAT you use. Lotions, blades etc.

The trick is to make sure you completly rinse the blade with hot or cold water, and COMPLETLY dry the blade for storage. Its the moisture that deteriorates the blades. Yeah, hacking your face hurts them too.

I heard this tip FROM a Gillette manufacturing guy. Not a sales man. I was in on a project where they were building 32 and 64 cavity tools.

Gillette makes baaaad ass tools.

Rince well and Dryem off. You'll notice immediate extended life.

Iv been using the good ol Gillette Sensor two blade with lubrication strip for many a year. After use, I take an old tooth brush, give it a couple swipes across the blades than blow it out. Works for me.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

People stopped saying "NOT" in the 90s.

and you can't even come up with any kind of counter arguement.

That is how business works, whether you like or not. Costs are passed on to the consumer. You don't get a product for free.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
It's ridiculous how expensive razor blades are. So what is the story for shaving cream? What should I use? Can someone be more specific than, "you should use what they don't recommend?"

I dumped the 3 & 4 blade carts a looong time ago. I'm strictly using straight razors
and pre-1970s DE razors. The blades are VERY cheap (a pack of 10 about $3), last about 3-5 shaves and
are much smoother. Don't forget to dump the canned goo for some higher end
English and Italian soaps, your face will thank you

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Why is it that dollar tree can sell blades for 10 cents per blade, and Gillette has to sell them for a few dollars per blade? They both have to pay for shipping/taxes/research. And even with the low price of 10 cents per blade everyone down the line makes a profit.

Riddle me now why Gillette has to charge between 2 and 3 dollars per blade. Are Gillette's blades that special?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join