It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of paying crazy prices for razorblades?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Hahaha, they only ACT concerned? Them's smart hounds ye got there sir.

Have you heard the joke: How would I make my dog look like you? Shave it's butt and teach it to walk backwards.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Wertdagf

I can take a half-swipe with a razor and hang it from my coarse beard hair. In reality, I should probably replace my razor after every use, because you can visually see the knicks in the blade after a single shave. I've tried many different kinds of razors and creams, and there is some difference between them, but not much. I can't even begin to try and use an electric razor. They pluck more than they shave, and even after weeks of consistent usage, I still end up with bumps and hairs missed.

I'm thinking a ceramic blade might be better than steel?

Superman, you know blades for 'normal men' are no match for your hair!! I've never seen you with a beard...letting yourself go?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Yep!

I grew a long beard and long hair for Christmas this year. It all started with "no-shave November" and it rolled all the way to March!

The funny thing is I didn't have any facial hair in high school, always very baby faced, and I still have very little on my chest or legs or arms, but my face is ungodly! They need to invite a new kind of razor for it!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I bought a strait razor because I was sick of paying for blades and thought it looked like fun. Worked great but stropping is a pain. Need to watch another video on that. Maybe try the straight razor where blades are replaceable. There cheap and work great too. My barber uses one to finish up and shave the back of my neck.

I have been using a SR for about 5 years now. I will never go back to using disposables again.

My first SR was a French made blade with tortise shell scales bought at an antique dealer. It took some practice and patients to re hone the edge. The razor is 60 years old and still gives me a BBS (baby but smooth) shave.

It does take a little extra time to shave but I have learned to love the self pampering with a good shave soap and nice shave soap brush.

Check out the badger and blade website for some awesome safety and strait edge shaving advice.
edit on 4-7-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I have a diamond coated electric shaver....

Grow a beard if you want to save on razor blades. Plus you'll look more manly.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Can you not sit the blade inside a wire pyramid a 1/3 of the way up, leave it over night, and supposedly it will resharpen its self. or is this another old wifes tale?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
My hubby is always saying that he doesn't want 5 razor blades on a razor, he only wants one blade that works.

I don't remember the last time I paid for a razor. With the drug store deals and coupons, I have a stash.
If you are not too picky about your brand, you can do that. A lot of times they offer free samples too, and coupons on the websites.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I went electric about 20 years ago, and never looked back.

If you want to be REALLY smooth, Try something like "Magic Shave" depilatory cream.

I was always afraid of the straight razor, Figured I'd end up looking like "General Scar"

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
When i go shopping and have a trolley full of groceries, somehow my
mach 4 blade refills get mixed up in the grape bags and i dont realise until
im home, happens all the time.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I use an electric if i let my beard and `stash get to thick then use a regular razor after that and it works pretty good at keeping even the disposible single blade razors a little longer.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
i heard putting the razor head in a cup or a small container of oil helps prevent oxidation and dimming of blade, but of course after multiple uses, it will get weaker.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I use the Gillette Fusion. I have used the same blade for 4mths.

I am female and found this razor to be the best. I shave with warm water and that is it. When I"m done with it I dry it off and store it OUT of the shower. It is like brand new.

Many people keep their razors in the shower or use soaps and they actually make the blade weak and it rusts.The best thing to do is keep your blade dry when not in use and don't keep it in the shower. I also clean it with an old toothbrush once a week to get the little hairs that could be stuck in it out.

Shaving with nothing but warm water gives me a nice smooth shave and I never get razor burn where previously when I used shaving cream, soap or body wash it caused razor burn/bumps.

I will not pay 20 bucks for a pack of refills! That is just insane!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I use gillette fusion with soap while im in the shower, blades last me six months after a while of using it I sharpen the blades with that as seen on tv thing called, sav-a-blade, it works good for twenty bucks you can extend the life of your gillette razors by a lot.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Can you not sit the blade inside a wire pyramid a 1/3 of the way up, leave it over night, and supposedly it will resharpen its self. or is this another old wifes tale?

Just what i was thinking as i can remember the pyramids resharpen stuff in the 80's but in those days researching on the internet didn't exist but its always stuck in my mind

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Not to make light of your plight,

but maybe you guys should consider growing a beard.

Beards are waaaayyyyy sexy.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Not to make light of your plight,

but maybe you guys should consider growing a beard.

Beards are waaaayyyyy sexy.

Lol.. some workplaces like labs.. i can't have a single hair on my face... it sucks...can't do the sharp sides burns.. a small goatee. not even trimmed mustache lol..

i shave every 2 days T_T....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I bought a couple of packs of disposable razors in the early 80's. I'm STILL using them!

They never went dull and they never rusted.

I use a bar of soap (no shaving cream).

The only time I change them out is when they accidently get dropped into unhealthy places (Who forgot to put the lid down on the toilet!) or when I just get tired of it and want a different colour.

We don't have to shave twice a day like you guys do though.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Will last you forever as long as you take care of it:

Of course you want to be sure that your not shaving somewhere that you can be bumped or distracted with one of these suckers.

Other option is get a good electric razor. I've gotten many years (close to 20yrs) on my last one without ever changing blades. The motors broke before the blades wore out.

It is the ONLY way to shave!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

It may only cost them 6 cents to produce but you forget about having to pay for research, product development, labor, insurance, shipping, warehouse storage, shipping to the store, then the store needs to make a profit.

I wait till they are on sale and I use a coupon. and being female, I go through more then you do.

Not a big deal....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Wertdagf

Yup that's actually what it is.

The blades themselves last about 10 times as longer without using the "recommended" shaving cream.

I've tested it a few times now and since I moved to a shaving balm ( all natural oils and jazz) my blades last 6 months for cheap ones and like a year for expensive ones.

edit on 7/3/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

AHHAHA what bollocks. I use no shaving cream or balm. I just shave in the shower and I still really should change razer blades every 2 - 3 months. And i'm talking about those Quatro, or 5 bladed ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join