It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable News Ratings For June 30-July 1 Ouch Not looking Good For The Mainstream News Outlets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
CNR

Saturday
P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
Total Day
FNC 815 167 342
CNN 336 89 139
MSNBC 307 138 153

CNN just keeps going lower and lower and lower by the end of this year with either Romney or Obama reelected through war,cheating CNN wont have any more viewers left. Or maybe they will have at least few left.

But not enough to gain back its core based viewers.

It seems FOX News is following a similar pattern now as CNN did, sure they do might enough viewers but even they wont last them, as did in the past.
Personally i say good riddance to both of them,especially CNN and there one sided reporting maybe CNN could learn from this ordeal.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Don't worry...the DNC will pay a few people to keep watching CNN....

Des

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

If Faux is the most watched than imo they are more responsible for punditry dishonesty than anyone. But, I agree, CNN and all of em are sensationalist whores and I hope these diminishing numbers are indicative of people getting fed up with it and the divisiveness. I hope in this modern era, people searching for truth and answers can utilize the internet to get a more accurate picture painted than profitized, soundbite misinfo served up by today's news outlets. Or maybe people are just growing tired of tuning into angst, blame and misery.

I recently watched a new show about news media and thought the opening scene reflected how so many people feel. There is much lost but still much potential. The problem is, any truth that rears it's head gets lambasted if it goes against the grain, called unpatriotic or even worse the "T" word. Truth is truth at some point, and the middle ground is what we should try and cultivate, considering sources of info and examining all sides of an issue.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Add up all the numbers and it's still at best only around 1 in 30 watching "news".

I have to admit, I really enjoy watching them all fail, because it means people are finally waking up and tuning out.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I stopped watching TV news when they brought the Robin Meade gigglefest to CNN "Headline" news.....

Oh for the good ol' days, when "News" wasn't considered "Entertainment"....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I miss Walter Cronkite. The news business died the day he retired. The fact that the simpleton Katie Couric was allowed to sit in the same seat as him was a crime against humanity.

For all you young people (or maybe people from outside the U.S.), look up Walter on Youtube to see what a real newscast sounded like.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well,. sounds like the media needs a BIG event to talk about,.
Hmmm theres gotta be something,..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Maaaaaan......
CNN is the most trusted name in news!
They even say so...

You're just a conspiracy theorist.

Time for the drink of champions!

edit on 7·3·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

CNN viewers are dropping. But how am i supposed to see a pattern in one day worth of ratings?

Also, why does your link in the OP go to a specific comment? (/#comment-1212121)

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
CNR
[ editby]edit on 3-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

join