It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom is a medicine that can cure the world!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Everybody needs freedom!

We don't need these invisible bars surrounding us!

We don't want people telling us how to live!

We dont need any other kind of medicine but freedom!

How many of you think freedom is right for you?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Freedom cures nothing without the compassion and wisdom to use that freedom wisely.

We had the freedom to build the atomic bomb. Look how many civilian lives were lost by that freedom.

Freedom without responsibility is a dangerous thing. It is an axe waiting to fall.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
its a pity theres no more unexplored places on this planet as i'm sure the OP would love a chance to visit planet X with just a bunch of seeds and an ak47 and he can be left to get on with it knowing that he's doing everything with pure freedom

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Freedom is never archived without losing some security, and security is never gained without losing freedom. There must be golden balance.

Look at Singapore, security is high, but cause of all laws, some freedom has been lost. They wanted to gain some security by banning assemblies that don't have permit. Many poor countries are opposite way, there is lot of freedom, but not any security.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I certainly don't want to argue with people who would give first priority to compassion or security or anything else, but I do believe that freedom is being attacked more seriously than those. We need them all, but we have to defend where the attack is.

Freedom House has noted that global freedom fell last year. That should be worrisome. For the sixth consecutive year countries who became less free outnumbered those who became more free. www.freedomhouse.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Are you kidding? They still haven't found the bottom of the ocean. And I mean the VERY bottom. Not to mention all of the little caves in the mountain, subterranean tunnels in the rainforests, and the caves underwater. There's plenty of places left to explore.

Of course, outer space kinda takes out the surprise.

"Look, Marty! More space!"

"Gee whizz, Roger, that's fascinating! What's the composition?"

"Same thing as last hour! And it'll probably be the same in another hour!"

"That's absolutely riveting! Good work, Roger! Houston, we've found yet another sample of that composition we sent back! That makes 3,845!"

Houston: "Keep up the good work, guys. We'll get there eventually."
edit on 3-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I agree with all that kind of thing but actually I think Education is the medicine that can cure the world. We've had freedom for quite a while now and we only succeeded in getting our selves straight back under a tyrannical oligarchy. We need an education desperately and a way to retract or correct some of the bad (uneducated) decisions we have made as a nation that took away our freedoms. Like the Patriot Act, feel up at the airports and lost rights to organize on the job. All the freedom in the world will not keep powers that be from finding you then pressing in and killing you if they want to.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by WarJohn

I certainly don't want to argue with people who would give first priority to compassion or security or anything else, but I do believe that freedom is being attacked more seriously than those. We need them all, but we have to defend where the attack is.

Freedom House has noted that global freedom fell last year. That should be worrisome. For the sixth consecutive year countries who became less free outnumbered those who became more free. www.freedomhouse.org...

It isn't being attacked.

It is being slipped away without our notice, like a girl takes off a bra right in front of you without removing her sweater. You are so distracted with things like TERROR!!! and buildings falling and an nation in panic you don't even see FREEDOM being taken away but sure enough, it is gone. But there she is still smiling at you. You don't even notice for a while you don't care. It is a great point you make here and it is the shocking truth:

Freedom House has noted that global freedom fell last year. That should be worrisome. For the sixth consecutive year countries who became less free outnumbered those who became more free.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Freedom in the hands of the unworthiness to be free can be scary . Take grand theft auto for instance, what if someone just ran up to your house and broke one of your windows or did something else. Grand theft auto teaches us at any given second you can do the unexpected and have 100% complete freedom. I read some of your threads and seem to write a paragraph then take off. Let's just hope we didn't give anybody a reason to be keeping tabs on us and blow up one day.

top topics

join