It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOOHOO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There is no point to this thread other than to pat myself on the back.

I just received a call that I am being offered a position with another company. I have been going through the hiring process for over a month. I was about to write them off as another failed attempt to move forward in life..

I'm moving from low-level developer to low-level developer, but the new company pays much better, and I will actually be a part of new projects instead of offering mostly support and dealing with angry/inept people. Additionally I will have the opportunity to travel and be really active, rather than sitting at the same boring desk waiting for red lights all day.

On top of that, my salary just increased by over 30%

I'm stuck at my now "old" job, about to write up my two weeks notice and thank you's to those here that deserve it. I wouldn't normally post a thread on this, but again I'm stuck and work and this is going to have to satisfy my strong desire to celebrate with drink until I can get home and enjoy an ICB.

So anyway, ATS, I know this means nothing to you, but I had to blow off some happysteam before I exploded all over my cubicle walls. Thanks for reading, if you did.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Congratulations!

It doesn't sound like you are planning to, but be sure not to burn any bridges on the way out of your old job. You never know what the future holds or where you might run into people.

Good luck on your new adventure.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
WOOHOO..

Congrats, and enjoy that beer, or two..or three.

Wishing you much satisfaction at the new job.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Schweet! Glad to hear of your good news and thanks for sharing.
Now, can I borrow some money?

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Schweet! Glad to hear of your good news and thanks for sharing.
Now, can I borrow some money?

Peace

No but if you guys can all get local I'll be happy to take us all out for a fancy steak dinner.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Congratulations....now make happy noises so your soon-to-be-ex-coworkers think you've finally gone around the bend....

Hope the new job is a new lease on life for you.

Des

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Man I'd love to sit and hang with some fellow ATS'ers some day. As improbable as it is(for me), I still appreciate the gesture. I do hope you have a good celebration over the promotion though, sounds like you've earned it. Of course I was kidding about the cash too.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Grats to you!
It is nice to hear about someone who has a better opportunity in life!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Congrats! You obviously earned it. Sadly most people won't actively try over a month, before writing it off all together.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Congratulations! Sounds like you've been working to get something better and you got it! Good job! You're fortunate to even change jobs in this economy. I guess it's looking up.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
When I saw woohoo in the title I thought it would be good news. Had to read.

Congrats, and have a cold one on me!

30% IS NICE.

top topics

join