It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking The Heat For Taking A Stand

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I've already told you several times in other threads how appreciated your posts are, sometimes I dont take part in a thread because YOU'VE already said what I would have said.

No complaints from me fision

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Thanks Void. I always like your posts as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is new to you? It's old hat to me. I have strong opinions too and I always get told I can't express them by the weak minded. I call those people fools. And in fact I've been banned from several forums because I've had strong opinions. I was banned from the Trek BBS because I was critical of Islam (they called me a bigot and insulted and berated me) and I was banned from Democratic Underground because in one post I said there pretty girls and they all called me misogynist or a molester because of that term. And yet, you'd expect these people to be tolerant of other people's opinions.

The Trek BBS of course is for Star Trek fans, and the underlying theme of Star Trek is to overcome our petty differences and learn to live with each other, and DU is a forum for liberals. Most liberals claim to be more tolerant than anybody else, especially conservatives. But if you aren't like them they will simply insult and berate you to no end. They claim to be against things like generalizations but they often post a thread that says something like all conservatives are racists.

That is not tolerance. It's picking and choosing and double standards. Tolerance is tolerant of all opinions, not just ones you support and agree with. Tolerance allows people to express their opinions in the manner they see fit and you really shouldn't insult them if their opinion is different.

But the truth of the matter is they aren't. They just want to control everything so they can have the high moral ground and will use any dirty trick they can to get it.

Because of experiences like this and others, I just don't believe in tolerance anymore. Because no matter how diplomatically you express an opinion, somebody's going to get mad at you because it's all about conformity. That's what America value the most, not individuality. We're all supposed to be good little robots and think and act the same way.

But I have two words for that, and they're not nice words.

I will never conform and I will always think for myself.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

It's not so much new news to me, but it has gone from sort of annoying, to downright maddening lately.

You are right about liberals. I used to be one. Then I noticed that they were engaging in the same mindless vitriol against the conservatives, and the back and forth were just two sides of the same old coin. Yet they cannot see it. As I get older and see the world as it is, I suppose in some ways I have become more of an oddball...I am extremely liberal in certain regards, rather conservative in others. Therefore, I cannot be fit into a stereotype, and people seem to have a problem with that.

On Facebook, the so-called liberals are the worst. Mean-spirited, speaking cruelly of others who do not swallow their agenda, and creating a wider divide. They post pictures and quotes from Martin Luther King, Jr., and do not understand that he stood for unity against evil, and not just about the color of a person's skin.

Sometimes it helps to blow off steam about these things. People who demand that I conform really piss me off.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
When people post how great they think Obamacare is, I don't jump on and call them a moron, I just move on, knowing that I disagree and leaving it at that.

You sir are a liar and a hypocrite.

I refer you to your comment directed towards me in the following thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your comment: "Like I said, if you don't mind being chipped like a steer, then go for it. But don't expect the rest of us to moo and follow along with it."

Yeah, you really show restraint and refrain from insults and belittling.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtectedWitness

When people post how great they think Obamacare is, I don't jump on and call them a moron, I just move on, knowing that I disagree and leaving it at that.

Your comment: "Like I said, if you don't mind being chipped like a steer, then go for it. But don't expect the rest of us to moo and follow along with it."

I'm scratching my head,,,,,
Where is the Insults and Belittlement?
If the above reply to you is upsetting,,,,, You need to open your front door and get out more.

"Like I said, if you don't mind being chipped like a steer, then go for it. But don't expect the rest of us to moo and follow along with it."

That above quote is not an insult and if you felt belittled, Pull the covers back over your head and yell for your Momma

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by ProtectedWitness

I'm scratching my head,,,,,
Where is the Insults and Belittlement?
If the above reply to you is upsetting,,,,, You need to open your front door and get out more.

"Like I said, if you don't mind being chipped like a steer, then go for it. But don't expect the rest of us to moo and follow along with it."

That above quote is not an insult and if you felt belittled, Pull the covers back over your head and yell for your Momma

Lets not take what I said out of context. I'm simply calling the OP for being a hypocrite. His statement implies that my actions/beliefs liken me to a cow, and everyone else is not like me. That's a form of bullying. I never said his comment made me upset, I just said it is a form of insult and a way to belittle or single a person out from everyone else. Its very similar to your insulting comment that i need to pull the covers back and yell for momma. Not a very constructive comment, and a lack of maturity on your part. I noticed you live in Phoenix. So do I. How about we meet up and discuss this in person.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtectedWitness

I will not derail this thread further, I will say this, The OP is a very Nice

Lady

and we have agreed and disagreed in the past.

I also want to add, I more than likely would not met you, yes, we live in Phoenix and just bought our new home in Surprise at 184 Ave and we'll be moving there.
We are not on F B and I would advice the OP to dump that, but it is her decision to make.
I agree with the OP, Obamacare is a Peace of Cr@p!

I received this E-mail from my husbands sister who retired as a Department Head for BC/BS.
She received this e-mail and sent it to us.

A message from Blue Cross Blue Shield
Professor Emeritus John W. Hill, JD, PhD
Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
[email protected]

MEDICARE
Look clearly at the 2014 rate compared to the 2013 rate.

For those of you who are on Medicare, read the following. It's short, but
important and you probably haven't heard about it in the Mainstream News:

"The per person Medicare Insurance Premium will increase from the present
Monthly Fee of $96.40, rising to:

$104.20 in 2012

$120.20 in 2013

And

$247.00 in 2014."

These are Provisions incorporated in the Obamacare Legislation, purposely
delayed so as not to confuse the 2012 Re-Election Campaigns.
Send this to all Seniors that you know, so they will know who's throwing them under the
bus.

MODS: if I broke any rules here, please feel free to correct or delete.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join