It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is/was that ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sounds like you literally just woke up. The fact that you refer to yourself in third person says something about you.
You're not too close to yourself, calling the I by 3rd person is a way of distancing one self from being you. Always being the happy comedian is another. Now this is not as doom and gloom as it sounds, it just means that you finally landed in yourself and oh the emotional tangle. The emotions probably had no real reason, emotions rise and fall all the time. But in our lives we are so busy being 3rd person randy happy funny loveable cheerful or how ever else we describe ourselves, that we forget who we really are. The emotions that we believe is our everyday is not the reality it's a selection of what we identify with. It's the story we chose to build around us. The other emotions we hide from, ignore until we eventually do not recognize them as existing at all. So my feeling is you landed/woke up today completely in yourself experiencing yourself for the first time in a long time. That is why you felt lost and overwhelmed. you had forgotten that those feelings are also part of you.

On a side note the general feel is that alot of people are going through unusual emotional events or clearing out their past. Maybe there is something 'in the air' so to speak. An opening for some theorizing on what it may be here. I don't think it is a bad thing what ever it is on the contrary it's clearing way for new improved more honest ways of being.

I suggest that if it happens all too often from now on that you also check and if need be balance your body your vitamin levels, when they are out of wack our minds do strange things. Especially check vitamin B12 and D a lack of which is know to cause neurological problems and depression.

Which ever it is an abundance of love to you.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by randyvs

Really we are completely controlled by our chemistry. I am depressed, and that is what you are describing about 70 percent of the time. I have to live like your day. When I wake up feeling cheerful and happy it is a wonderful experience!

The people who are mostly UP are so lucky! I will not take drugs for a false sense of HAPPY, as there are always negitive side effects. I come from a whole family of downers :-(

I married someone like you..poor guy, he is now pretty negative also since it does rub off more then the happy happy rubs off on the downers like me!

I hope you are not going through a chemistry change that will lead you down my dark path but it can happen, we can change chemistry at any time in life, I have seen it.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Char-Lee because: sp.

Well you may be right, cause it seems odd that your post gave me goose bumps and good feelings.
If you have to live like that. Then my average day must be like ride in a newspaper taxi for you. I can tell you this with hopes of good cheer. The guy you married must be someone who adores you. The best for both of you is my wish.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by randyvs

Really we are completely controlled by our chemistry. I am depressed, and that is what you are describing about 70 percent of the time. I have to live like your day. When I wake up feeling cheerful and happy it is a wonderful experience!

The people who are mostly UP are so lucky! I will not take drugs for a false sense of HAPPY, as there are always negitive side effects. I come from a whole family of downers :-(

I married someone like you..poor guy, he is now pretty negative also since it does rub off more then the happy happy rubs off on the downers like me!

I hope you are not going through a chemistry change that will lead you down my dark path but it can happen, we can change chemistry at any time in life, I have seen it.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Char-Lee because: sp.

Well you may be right, cause it seems odd that your post gave me goose bumps and good feelings.
If you have to live like that. Then my average day must be like ride in a newspaper taxi for you. I can tell you this with hopes of good cheer. The guy you married must be someone who adores you. The best for both of you is my wish.

he does and i do him also...I believe there are a lot more of us like me then there are like you!

Not sure what a Newspaper Taxi is.....
edit on 3-7-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have had this feeling a few times in my life but I also suffer from bipolar and take no meds.

I think we compartmentalize all the little things until the dam breaks and this is what you experienced. There is no way for anyone to see the world in it's sadness, it's breathtaking beauty, it's tragedy, it's humor, it's wrath, it's love, etc. without having it affect us in some form or fashion at some point/s in our lives. It wouldn't be normal IMO.

Sometimes we weep, sometimes we celebrate, and sometimes we just exist, We are vortexes of emotion and sometimes it overwhelms even the strongest among us.

I am just an armchair psychiatrist though... I hope you find Randy again soon as I kind of like reading his posts from time to time.

edit on 7/3/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

How cool to have you post.

Do you use a blue-tooth?

Only when I buy the blueberry gumballs. Then there all blue ?
But seriously negative to all. I refuse to be tracked. Or waste the money. The wife uses hers rarely.
edit on 3-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Not sure what a Newspaper Taxi is....

The Beatles.............................. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Shore ,,it is,,,

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Not sure what a Newspaper Taxi is....

The Beatles.............................. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Ahhh thanks :-)
Drug culture lingo I never learned

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Child of the 70s in a big way.

Children of the sun and all that.

You aren't missing much.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by randyvs

Shore ,,it is,,,

Can you explain this please ? You have my attention.

Raises right index to eye and then points at Bob.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
pray... and.... love for your brother what you love for yourself

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Randy,

It is part of this: 10 signs of spiritual awakening and understanding who we really are

4. Old issues keep coming back and at times you feel very lost.

It is normal and shows you are going in the right direction. Hold on to your self by realizing you are bigger than just Randy.

In Love and Light

Sirric

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
Sounds like you literally just woke up. The fact that you refer to yourself in third person says something about you.
You're not too close to yourself, calling the I by 3rd person is a way of distancing one self from being you. Always being the happy comedian is another. Now this is not as doom and gloom as it sounds, it just means that you finally landed in yourself and oh the emotional tangle. The emotions probably had no real reason, emotions rise and fall all the time. But in our lives we are so busy being 3rd person randy happy funny loveable cheerful or how ever else we describe ourselves, that we forget who we really are. The emotions that we believe is our everyday is not the reality it's a selection of what we identify with. It's the story we chose to build around us. The other emotions we hide from, ignore until we eventually do not recognize them as existing at all. So my feeling is you landed/woke up today completely in yourself experiencing yourself for the first time in a long time. That is why you felt lost and overwhelmed. you had forgotten that those feelings are also part of you.

On a side note the general feel is that alot of people are going through unusual emotional events or clearing out their past. Maybe there is something 'in the air' so to speak. An opening for some theorizing on what it may be here. I don't think it is a bad thing what ever it is on the contrary it's clearing way for new improved more honest ways of being.

I suggest that if it happens all too often from now on that you also check and if need be balance your body your vitamin levels, when they are out of wack our minds do strange things. Especially check vitamin B12 and D a lack of which is know to cause neurological problems and depression.

Which ever it is an abundance of love to you.

Talking about myself in third person is something I do on occasion consciously. almost as if there is a need for it for it from time to time. I was always impressed with how John Lennon spoke of the Beatles in the same way. As if he were just another fan.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Randy, Randy, Randy.

If one does not show their, ahem, softer emotions they will build up. Then, like a volcano, they will explode and witness the rise of the Phoenix. Now if you do let your emotions flow on a regular basis, then it could just be the whole mid-life thing going on.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
prolly breathed in too much of the ole estrogen get some fresh air

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

i call it a hangover. if its not that , then no, ive no idea what youre talking about.

have you lately had a desire to buy a soft top sports car?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

sure,,
umm mid too late 50's are ya?,,
yup, ok,
ya went through that 2 summers ago,,
lets say,,no that would be a lie.ummm

male meno-pause,,,yupppp
,,good luck,

not fun.
a mans need to say "this is where i am,,this is what now needs too change",,
logic,,none,,, in my case,,
(confirmed by wife,,repeatedly,,,)
think spock in lom phar,,?? lol,,
bad time male men oh pause,,, and think,, lol
only effects 50 and older! so im told

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Microscopictopic

Well there you are !
Crawling out of the woodwork.
Maybe I just missed you. SCRO

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Microscopictopic

Well there you are !
Crawling out of the woodwork.
Maybe I just missed you. SCRO

That is what I was thinking.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by randyvs

sure,,
umm mid too late 50's are ya?,,
yup, ok,
ya went through that 2 summers ago,,
lets say,,no that would be a lie.ummm

male meno-pause,,,yupppp
,,good luck,

not fun.
a mans need to say "this is where i am,,this is what now needs too change",,
logic,,none,,, in my case,,
(confirmed by wife,,repeatedly,,,)
think spock in lom phar,,?? lol,,
bad time male men oh pause,,, and think,, lol
only effects 50 and older! so im told

Can't say I didn't expect a few replies like this. A little sad that I should but I think I've been lucky in that respect so far.

No sports car urges.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join