It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overlooked and Ignored!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'll prove you wrong for the hell of it.

Maybe I'll be the killer, I do it with alarming regularity as well...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
John I cant let you go out like that.

I will kill it for you.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hey, I know what you are all saying because I think at one time or another, we have all posted something we really expected to get a of either positive or negative response to and got nothing.

Its frustrating for sure.

However, its a widely accepted theory that most people can only grasp about 25% of what they read on screen that they would read on paper.

Therefore, most website designers recommend breaking up long paragraphs and putting some spacing between sentences.

This helps break up each idea and makes the screen more pleasing to the eye which allows better comprehension.

So, it may not be what you're writing but how you're presenting it.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That's a good point astrocreep...I usually find myself attempting to construct my posts into a more legible format...Sometimes a block of text 6 inches tall looks a bit daunting - especially when you know it may be full of opinions you have no respect for

Breaking text up, providing links, quoting other members, using a coherent form of English, are all better ways to get your posts noticed...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Enron, you know that we have both seen each other battle against the dying of the light on various threads. It is most frustrating when you have an area of special knowledge (anthropology, forensics, oil futures) and no one give a rip about your input.

Remember the "autopsy of someone gang-raped by aliens" thread? All of the most basic info on forensics had absolutely no impact on the audience.

Or the "Egyptian gods were aliens in halloween costumes, like on stargate" thread? I watched byrd hitt that wall a dozen times, where a new kingdom inscription was defaced by a succeeding pharoah, and some folks think it's proof of air/raft tech.

Or the "Dogons were mermaids that worshiped Dagon from planet Vulcan" thread?

:bnghd:

I have gotten increasingly frustrated with it, and have actually lashed out at some people in various threads. I'm drinking less coffee, now.

One of the titles on my avatar was "threadslayer extraordinaire" for a while.

My special area of interest and research has been Alchemy. It's history, its power in giving rise to various occult mythologies, etc. I've been studying it for almost a quarter of a century. But I'm not ABOUT to start an ATS thread on it, and feel the frustration as some teenage poptart-eatin' pajama wearin mo-ron covers up my post with intellectual graffitti, like dog marking his turf. No thanks.

Consider yourselves as standing around outside of the ark, after I've sealed the door, and the first drops of rain are beginning to fall.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Enron lets form a club for members like us! LOL.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Another good tip is to use images in your posts.

This will break-up the text and create some excitement.

You are more likely to read a longer post if you post small images to draw their attention.

You shouldn�t use as many as I�m using here but you get the point.

The images work really well when starting new threads. It will grab their attention and want to know more about the image and how it relates to your topic.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Enron,

If we were alllowed to post things like.

YEAH!

or

ME TOO!..

We'd all probably feel a bit less ignored.!
But if thats what we wanted, we'd all be hangin out in AOL chatrooms!

BTW, been out on any photoshoots lately?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
My special area of interest and research has been Alchemy. It's history, its power in giving rise to various occult mythologies, etc. I've been studying it for almost a quarter of a century. But I'm not ABOUT to start an ATS thread on it, and feel the frustration as some teenage poptart-eatin' pajama wearin mo-ron covers up my post with intellectual graffitti, like dog marking his turf. No thanks.

Now see that is something I would be VERY interested in reading.

If it was a serious discussion I could pose questions, but like the Dr. said too much riff-raff around here to go spoil it for everybody.

But you shouldn't forego an opportunity to teach to the ones listening. I have one thread with zero replies. It has 7 posts by me to provide additional information. It has over 100 reads so I have to hope that someone learned something about an aspect of Canadian governance and some insight into the character my the country. Especially on a board majority composed of Americans.

Alchemy and Millenarianism have peaked my interests recently. There are a couple of books I read that touch on the subject but my information is limited. When I search for information on the net there are thousands of hucksters trying to sell stuff not to mention some real loony tunes! No doubt there are some here on ATS, just ignore them.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Remember the "autopsy of someone gang-raped by aliens" thread? All of the most basic info on forensics had absolutely no impact on the audience.

You think they qualified for a Darwin Award? At least an honorable mention in my book...That thread was meant to be posted in some forum called "Constantly Proving Our Idiocy"...

I'm writing that one down for later man!!

Did you get a chance to try that recipe out?

Originally posted by drunk

For sure!! How about...M.A.D.D......Members Against Didactic Dysentery

KL...That's so true...My thread about having dark circles under your eyes got started right off the bat b/c I put a picture of a woman's eyes right at the start - quickest thread to ever pick up that I've created....

Originally posted by spacedoubt
We'd all probably feel a bit less ignored.!
But if thats what we wanted, we'd all be hangin out in AOL chatrooms!

BTW, been out on any photoshoots lately?

Good point!

I havn't been out recently
...work is actually busy for a change, even though I've got a couple members here at ATS helping me out with a little project

I'll probablly get out this weekend - I need to look through what I have now again to make sure there's not something I could post that I've over-looked...

[Edited on 10/13/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Originally posted by drunk

For sure!! How about...M.A.D.D......Members Against Didactic Dysentery

[Edited on 10/13/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

That sounds cool.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
the title of this thread is a pretty cool name for a song title.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Another good tip is to use images in your posts.

How do I post images? I have a particularly vivid (some would say lurid) imagination. Pics: How to I cut and paste 'em? Control + v doesn't work. . .

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Use the "insert image" button in the little tool-bar, or u can just use the img, /img tag.

Enron, I totally know what u mean. Kind of discouraged me a long time ago to make long and lenghty posts. They usually go unnoticed.

[Edited on 14-10-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I usually will find a way to slip the word "boob" into the first line or two. The way I figure it, with proper incentive, you can get that young Rep or Dem. to read the whole way through (with attention to details).

Example:

Overlooked and Ignored Boob!

or the ever faithful

Too often I spend my time on boobs replying to a thread with a diligent and thoughtful response that gets ignored or lost in a page transition....

I hope this has been instructive.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
and I thought I was the only one, though I will probably kill this now....
aaahhh crap.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
and I thought I was the only one, though I will probably kill this now....
aaahhh crap.

I�ll show you how to kill a thread. Just look at this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I killed it, didn�t I? Everybody was babbling joyfully until I made my comment there. It�s been silent ever since...

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Too often I spend my time on ATS replying to a thread with a diligent and thoughtful response that gets ignored or lost in a page transition....

I'm tired of putting in my two cents only for it to be unheard b/c a couple people in a thread have to wage their battle of opinions with half page posts...

I come here to read your comments, to provide my input, and to receive comments on my input from you - not to waste my time writing what might as well be an unwritten response...

I would feel sorry for you, but you're the same person who called my thread which asked for help a waste of time, when i've turned in the essay already. I hate being overlooked and ignored sometimes because for the most part it ruins my experience on ATS and BTS. That's just what I think

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWObringer
I would feel sorry for you, but you're the same person who called my thread which asked for help a waste of time, when i've turned in the essay already. I hate being overlooked and ignored sometimes because for the most part it ruins my experience on ATS and BTS. That's just what I think

True...I see where you're coming from....I dunno - to be honest though, how do you expect to get serious input and help from others on an essay when it's due the next day?! Not that I can say much....I did things the same way, but things like that just came a little more natural to me...

You get out of something the same which you put into it....Ex....I could post a thread tonight called "My dog is a flaming homo - what do I do?!"...and I could go on to say that it's all b/c the gov't put implants into my dog's brain - and I'd get a thousand replies...yeah man, same thing happened to my dog! - Or - you're an idiot, get off ATS!.... - Or - Well, you apply this cream three times a day and...

But if I posted one of my term papers from my senior semster in college that asked serious questions and had a works cited, I'd get maybe one reply, and it would be from someone who already knew all that and had the answer and my thread would immediately die

It's all about finding that happy middle-ground....mixing in....giving respect to everyone's opinon, regardless of what it may be....that's what will get you noticed, b/c not too many people do it.....of course, look who's talking

That, and realzing that we all can be assholes from time to time, like I was to you in that thread

[Edited on 10/24/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Man...I'm shooting 9/10 these past few weeks...

As soon as I hit that reply button it's like I've shot the thread dead in the head...and...ate some bread...minus the lead.....

For some reason the new topics just don't look as appealing as they once did right now, so I guess I'll just sit on top of my dead threads for a while until someone wakes up and replies...

[Edited on 11/15/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join