It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daughter accidently wins father over half a million dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

On behalf over her disabled father, Amber Galligan placed the three dollar bet on the weekly Scoop6, which involved picking the winners of six televised races.

Amber's father Thomas who has arthritis, sent his daughter down to the shops to place the bet but he never thought he had won as one of the horses he'd picked was a non-runner.

Little did Thomas know that the scratched horse was automatically switched to the unnamed favourite of the race.

Amber also didn't stick to the instructions of her father.

(Link)

Wow, talk about a welcome error! It seems that sometimes mistakes are blessings in disguise - or at least in this case. I hope the money they won is put to good use.
edit on 3/7/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow I am happy for them. As much as I could use the money I don't think I would want my kid to have that to hold over my head. Ya remember that time when I made you a millionaire? Could you ground them or tell them no after that with out them reminding you? I think it might alter the parent/child relationship. Money changes people sometimes though for their sake I hope not. I wish then all the best.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Awesome, I bet you will start to see more kids at the betting windows after this.

edit on 3-7-2012 by watchitburn because: political coersion

new topics

join