Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Pakistan Opens NATO Supply Line as Clinton Apologizes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Rocketman7

You're getting warmed up
I have read a lot on this angle too but pretty much in bits and pieces. Got any links for further readings?

Well considering the Silk Road is a vital route to the region and has been for a long time, the economic potential of the region is quite high if it is done properly. I think. A lot of money has been spent thus far with little sustainable development.

The Pakistani government said it was reopening the supply lines "to facilitate the transition process and help enable Afghanistan’s national institutions to exercise full sovereignty over their country."

www.voanews.com...

The potential for high paying jobs for people from Pakistan and Iran, coming out of universities, into a pharmaceutical region that was created for the industry, would be great.

Since Afghanistan is a sovereign nation they can maintain a neutral bias and then encourage large companies to come together in that region to grow and otherwise manufacture pharmaceuticals.

The only thing is they may have to consider how they generate power.

I have it, they could buy their power from Iran's nuclear facilities.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I do in fact have 1st hand knowledge of the war in Afghanistan, I'm an EOD Tech.
Yes, it has nothing to do with stopping poppy production.

But, no. The purpose of being in Afghanistan was to get Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, who were being harbored by the Taliban.
It has nothing to do with freeing anybody from Sharia law or any of that other nonsense.

It's about money, always has been, always will be. Money for the war profiteers and by extension the banks.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

I do in fact have 1st hand knowledge of the war in Afghanistan, I'm an EOD Tech.
Yes, it has nothing to do with stopping poppy production.

But, no. The purpose of being in Afghanistan was to get Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, who were being harbored by the Taliban.
It has nothing to do with freeing anybody from Sharia law or any of that other nonsense.

It's about money, always has been, always will be. Money for the war profiteers and by extension the banks.

Really? What group (east or west coast) and unit?

I was a Naval SWCC operator for 16 years assigned to Special Boat Team 12 stationed out of NAB Coronado and attained the rating of Master Chief before taking 2 rounds and having to accept a medical. I've spent plenty of time in Afghan, primarily in the Kandahar Province with my 3 deployments as well as other clandestine missions there.

Your statement regarding our operations there being "about money" and "Money for the war profiteers through extension of the banks" could very well be taken as seditious libel and cause for revocation of your clearance under the Sedition Act, or worse.

I know as a Master Chief if you were serving under me and I had knowledge of one of my subordinates making such statements I would question their motives. You should know the scrutiny you underwent to obtain your clearance and not take it so lightly.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Here is the power imports diagram for Afghanistan...

link pdf

Iran 22% but Uzbekistan 55% of the total imports.

Afghanistan also generates its own power in micro stations for villages to have agriculture processing plants.

But the agriculture economy is not sufficient to support them, hence they are the second poorest nation in the world pretty much.

So they could stand to benefit from all types of pharmaceutical companies setting up shop there.
Lots of wide open spaces and there will be good security, and its strategically located to labor and markets.

If American pharmaceutical companies as well as European companies and companies from Asia were to build there, that might be a real game changer. Money talks I guess.

But power wouldn't be a problem for health companies who wish to grow and manufacture products even on a small scale such as for Internet sales. Holistic health products.
www.afghaneic.org...
edit on 3-7-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You can call it seditious if you want, but that doesn't make it any less true.

I'll refer you to the late Commandant Smedley Butler, he wrote a book all about this nonsense we are still up to.

“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.” ― Smedley D. Butler, War is a Racket: by America's Most Decorated Soldier

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Your statement regarding our operations there being "about money" and "Money for the war profiteers through extension of the banks" could very well be taken as seditious libel and cause for revocation of your clearance under the Sedition Act, or worse.
Nice catch. During the re-investigation period, it can be used against the person even if it was posted on a forum.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My god!

Our foreign policy is now;

Act like a bunch of sissies
Run away
Bow
Apologise
Give them money
Put drones in our OWN country
Free terrorists, but lock up Americans
Forget the M4, just give them a nasty purple-nurple

Sheesh

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Really? What group (east or west coast) and unit?

I know as a Master Chief if you were serving under me and I had knowledge of one of my subordinates making such statements I would question their motives. You should know the scrutiny you underwent to obtain your clearance and not take it so lightly.

Hahahahaha...wow.

Talk about threats. "BLIND OBEDIENCE! BLIND OBEDIENCE! We doing something wrong? Who are you? What group are you working for? Shut up and get in line or I'll report you, BLIND OBEDIENCE!"

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Anonymous forum.

They just renewed my clearance. No one cares what gets posted here because it's anonymous.

Hell, I could be a 13yr old Amazonian Pygmy for all you know.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by hp1229

They just renewed my clearance. No one cares what gets posted here because it's anonymous.

Well it all depends on the type/level/branch of service that it was issued for. At times and for certain agencies, it is also a requirement that your communications mode are allowed to be monitored as part of the clearance issuance terms. Nothing is anonymous when it comes to the Phone Companies or the backbone providers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join