It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do they got against CATS anyway?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I think you are correct. Finding a parasite was a nice coincidence, but I think the correlation is more like, "Suicidal single ladies are more likely to own multiple cats." And from there they could say, "Suicidal cat ladies are more likely to catch this parasite."

They have it all backwardized.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
50 mgs or so of iodine takes care of that. And a great detox for their radiation depopulation event too.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I have a cat to be very thankful for. One morning 5 years ago I was in a rush to get to work when my cat started meowing. Of course, he meows all the time so I ignored him and even became irritated when he wouldn't stop. I finally ran over to him over frustration. He was sitting on the counter right next to the stove and that's when I realized I left the stove on. As soon as I turned it off he jumped down and walked away. That beautiful cat saved my home from possibly burning down.

I will take the chance and keep him around. Besides, like the article says, there are other ways you can get this disease!

Also, you don't see cats in the news charging their owners and killing them. (Nothing against dogs- I love dogs, too!)

No they just steal babies breath and suck your soul through your nose when youre asleep.

Ps.. dont tell anyone, but I used to have a cool cat. He was a silver point chinchilla hair persian. He didnt meow like a real cat.. he had an attitude ( or brain damage) .. meeeeauuuuuu. Musta been a frog. Anyway, I got sick, and sicker, and sicker.. and discovered that I am deathly allergic to cats.
Keeping up with my lifetime forever home commitment to the animal, I took allergy shots for 11 damned years. Cats owe me.. bigtime. My family culturally feel cats are bad.. so I have to be honest and tell you that for one or 2 seconds.. I kinda wondered if it was eating my soul when Id wake up with my eyes glued shut with mucus.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by texasgirl
I have a cat to be very thankful for. One morning 5 years ago I was in a rush to get to work when my cat started meowing. Of course, he meows all the time so I ignored him and even became irritated when he wouldn't stop. I finally ran over to him over frustration. He was sitting on the counter right next to the stove and that's when I realized I left the stove on. As soon as I turned it off he jumped down and walked away. That beautiful cat saved my home from possibly burning down.

I will take the chance and keep him around. Besides, like the article says, there are other ways you can get this disease!

Also, you don't see cats in the news charging their owners and killing them. (Nothing against dogs- I love dogs, too!)

Sorry to hear you were allergic to your cat. I've had my cat for 12 years now and I taught him to fetch, sit and shake hands. He's quite intelligent and VERY vocal.

No they just steal babies breath and suck your soul through your nose when youre asleep.

Ps.. dont tell anyone, but I used to have a cool cat. He was a silver point chinchilla hair persian. He didnt meow like a real cat.. he had an attitude ( or brain damage) .. meeeeauuuuuu. Musta been a frog. Anyway, I got sick, and sicker, and sicker.. and discovered that I am deathly allergic to cats.
Keeping up with my lifetime forever home commitment to the animal, I took allergy shots for 11 damned years. Cats owe me.. bigtime. My family culturally feel cats are bad.. so I have to be honest and tell you that for one or 2 seconds.. I kinda wondered if it was eating my soul when Id wake up with my eyes glued shut with mucus.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Most cat owners know toxoplasmosis can be caught handling the feces of the animal so we take precautions. Pregnant women especially need to be careful, as it can be transmitted to their unborn baby. But mentally unstable women? Nah...I dont' buy that. Single, lonely women who live alone maybe...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I am and have always been an animal lover, but must admit cats are my favorite. When I was in college many years ago getting my social work degree, my main focus was on mental health. The day treatment program that I was doing a fieldwork in, had volunteers come in to do Pet Therapy, being the animal lover that I am, I was interested enough to base one of my class assignments on the benifits of pet therapy.

Like I said it was Many years ago, so I no longer have any of the references that I used. But interaction with pets (yes they included cats) was proven to lower blood pressure and help relieve stress, just stroking the pets was benificial. The information that I read, also reported that pet owners tend to live longer than non-pet owners. I myself have seen people that were otherwise isolated and withdrawn, respond positively to having a cat around. Both of the residential places that I worked at, ended up having a house cat, that was cared for by both staff and residents, and was a very positive influence.

I have two cats, I have had three, but I feel that is a little too much for me personally, and two is the perfect number as they keep each other company. I also agree that taking a pet into your home is a (for their) lifetime commitment, if for some reason you can not care for the animal it is your responsibility to find it a safe and loving home. I consider my cats family members and the circumstances would have to be extreme for me to even consider that option.

I was rodent free when others in my building were not. And yes the problem has been taken care of in the other apartments, but I thanked my lucky cats I did not have to deal with it.

So in my opinion, the benifits of having cats as family members far outweigh the risks involved.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I find this article a bit shady.

They claim that by studying 45,000 woman in Denmark, they can now know that one third of the world's population is infected with Toxoplasma. How does 45K in Denmark rep the whole globe?? Anyway, they are always hating on cat lovers.

I'd like to point out that right beneath the main link on Toxoplasma and cat owners, you will find this lovely gem - Cat Owners More Educated than Dog Owners

LOL!
And no, I do not believe the above article. Although my boyfriend is a dog lover and I believe I am smarter than him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join