It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real ID & that Little Gold Star on Your Driver’s License

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by AuranVector

HR3200 Bill Requires Everyone To be Chipped By March 2013 .

This will be the RFID chip implant that will also be used to access your banking needs .
Sorry !

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

This will be the RFID chip implant that will also be used to access your banking needs .
Sorry !

HR. 3200 is an affordable healthcare bill, and 67% of it was changed or amended before it was passed. To my knowledge there aren't any contracts going out to develop a system or database for this either (vendors tend to boast about getting this kind of contract), so it's highly unlikely the masses would be chipped within the next 8 months, if ever.

Which section exactly mentions people being chipped?

Link here...
edit on 3-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
just got my licence renewed here in wash. st...no stars or anything weird.

Washington State is not using the Gold Star.

WA gives their residents the option of having the "Enhanced" card which can be used for Federal purposes (border crossings, etc.). It's the Enhanced card that has the RFID chip.

You have to pay an extra $15 for that.

All are supposed to have biometric facial scanning.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
Just got mine renewed. NJ. .tried the flashlight idea. See through. No star....

Not every State is using a Gold Star for their chipped card.

Are you saying that your Driver's License is transparent? Is this a new feature?

I think the Washingon State card is also transparent or see-through.

Did they do a biometric scan of your face?

Were you given the option of getting an "Enhanced" card?

The only choice I was given was if I wanted to keep the old picture. There is a bar code on back and a few hologram looking things on the front. But that's it. I tried like heck with the flashlight to see if I could find anything 'hidden', but found nothing......sorry, I should have given more description to begin with, I just now got the time to be more detailed....

Thanks for responding. I don't think your card is chipped.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
So have you guys seen the twic scam? They want to make it so you have to have one to be near water. It has a chip in it but its like the chip and pin credit cards they use in europe......

I was given the option of an enhanced drivers license. Also a passport card when i got my passport book.

How the hell is a card going to replace a book? The usa uses paper visas. I seriously saw them give an indian man a visa on white printer paper once. Lmao.....
edit on 3-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Sorry !

As much as I really detest Obama and his Obamacare, I do not believe this story.

HR3200 never passed.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
So have you guys seen the twic scam? They want to make it so you have to have one to be near water. It has a chip in it but its like the chip and pin credit cards they use in europe......

I was given the option of an enhanced drivers license. Also a passport card when i got my passport book.

How the hell is a card going to replace a book? The usa uses paper visas. I seriously saw them give an indian man a visa on white printer paper once. Lmao.....

I haven't seen the twic scam. What is it?

Aren't the new passport books RFID chipped?

The passport cards definitely are chipped.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Okay, I found the relevant section of HR3200, which as the previous poster said, never passed. I stand corrected on that.

Anyway, my interpretation of that section: It talks about collating information about implants that patients may or may not receive. Nothing about chipping the masses. And my point about RFID chips having a short life span still stands.
The chips are designed for tagging items, not for authentication.

edit on 3-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Now I would never advocate anything destructive towards the state, but if I had a little gold star on my drivers license, it might accidently get stuck in the microwave.
*nudge nudge*

all that would do is cause whoever is examining the document claim it is fraudulent. it might get you into more hot water.

be honest and say you microwaved it because you don't like the idea of someone tracking you.

either way, you're not getting on that plane or crossing that border or avoiding a fine.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Your version of the Bill HR 3200 does not include the pages 1000 thru 1008 . But after actually reading the text of the bill , I believe that the Registry of the devices pertains to devices used as implanted medical devices . The wording is of course written to be construed in a manner to mean any device and may deal with the RFID registration chips but I now don't think so .
The infrastructure for the RFID chip called Digital Angle is in existence today but not deployed . But I also follow the money to validate claims .

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

I haven't seen the twic scam. What is it?

Aren't the new passport books RFID chipped?

The passport cards definitely are chipped.

My passport book has an rfid chip but the book has a shield in the cover....has to be opened and placed on a scanner to work.

Twic is a transportation worker identification credential. Its supposed to be to get into ports but they used the most vague definition of a port ever. I have to have one to go to any chemical plant on a river! Cost me 130 bucks because of a background check. I also had to get a background check to get my hazardous materials endorsement on my commercial drivers license. 90 bucks for that, cost like 160 total for my cdl. I also have a license to carry a pistol, had to get a background check for that. Wtf? i also had to get a background check once to work in a library lol.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

My passport book has an rfid chip but the book has a shield in the cover....has to be opened and placed on a scanner to work.

Twic is a transportation worker identification credential. Its supposed to be to get into ports but they used the most vague definition of a port ever. I have to have one to go to any chemical plant on a river! Cost me 130 bucks because of a background check. I also had to get a background check to get my hazardous materials endorsement on my commercial drivers license. 90 bucks for that, cost like 160 total for my cdl. I also have a license to carry a pistol, had to get a background check for that. Wtf? i also had to get a background check once to work in a library lol.

Thanks for confirming that our passports are chipped.

I can see why workers would be p*$$ed off about having to pay for their own background checks to get a card so they can work. They can get away with this because they know they can find workers who will do it to get the job.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

reply to post by XeroOne

Your version of the Bill HR 3200 does not include the pages 1000 thru 1008 . But after actually reading the text of the bill , I believe that the Registry of the devices pertains to devices used as implanted medical devices . The wording is of course written to be construed in a manner to mean any device and may deal with the RFID registration chips but I now don't think so .
The infrastructure for the RFID chip called Digital Angle is in existence today but not deployed . But I also follow the money to validate claims .

The legalese is pretty hard to follow, and you're right that it could possibly be interpreted as mass implantation. The problem is the wording leaves it open to challenge by a half-decent lawyer later on, which means they'd probably have to get another bill passed for that to work.
I know about Digital Angel, which doesn't seem to be doing much for some reason. It's certainly not a player in the security industry.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Actually I heard that they are wanting to implant babies and people now . RFID chips are going into cards of all kinds . My new pilot license has a RFID chip in it . My company access card was laminated over an antenna that when passed near a scanner opened doors . Credit cards may have them . When I have to take a chip in any form to utilize the E-money system because cash is gone I am going to reject it . I do believe the Mark of the Beast spoken of in the bible . It could only become reality from this time on in history.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Found this from 11/2011

Which States offer the Enhanced Drivers License?

Michigan
New York
Washington
Vermont

States considering implementing an EDL include:

Arizona
Idaho
Maine
Minnesota
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Dakota
Texas

Do not know how accurate it is...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

these are the new Australian licenses

lol niko didnt cover much
edit on 4-7-2012 by Fineousstitch because: haha

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
Chip the card and then make it mandatory for everyone to carry (which they already do) it because you need to drive then you have instant GPS on all driving citizens.

The parts aren't that hard to see. You'll also see either an antenna or a loop, depending on the type of part. If you don't see forks or loops or rectangular dark areas, no chip.

Also, no type of RFID has a GPS receiver in it. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
OMG.

I just got my license renewed a couple weeks ago. I just now used a flashlight and sure as hell there is a "hidden" gold star that mysteriously showed up once the flashlight was used. This is from Texas.
Well LOL.

Anyone tracking me is gonna be one of those dudes or dudettes leaning back on their office chairs snoring away like a chainsaw through a forest.

To those tasked with the job of tracking me:

Hi people!!!!!!!! I hope I make your work interesting!!!
Especially with my litter box cleaning/vacuuming/cleaning the toilets and going to sleep and waking up and back and forth to work everyday. VERY exciting! /sarcasm

Seriously though I do not like this.

I took a pic but didn't post because you can hardly see it. But it's there all right.

It's a circle with a gold star in the middle with some kind of wreath/leaf crap surrounding it.

Here it is with all my crap blocked out.

Sorry not good yet with embedding the actual pic.

edit on 7/4/12 by Beldy because: comment

edit on 7/4/12 by Beldy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/4/12 by Beldy because: added picture

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

I think that is your 'state seal' for Texas. I have the state seal for California in the same place.

I just got my DL in the mail today (did renewal through internet), When I used the flashlight, I didn't see a golden star, but I did see a hidden outline of the CA bear symbol. This puppy can be swiped, scanned... you name it. The paper that the DL came with says "Introducing the California SecureCard! A new driver license/identification card featuring advanced technology designed to keep your identity secure."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join