It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real ID & that Little Gold Star on Your Driver’s License

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just got mine renewed. NJ. .tried the flashlight idea. See through. No star....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I just had mine redone and no gold star. There are lots of new changes on it from the last one, but I can see through mine as well...and see nothing. It expires in 2020 so I guess I am free range (as much as one can be) until then at any rate. I think I would razor blade the star out of mine and damn the consequences.

ETA That my license is from Virginia.

This is very interesting. Virginia is one of the States that banned the Real ID. But all the States have to be Real ID compliant by 2013 anyway.

And we know now that both Washington State & Utah are NOT using the Gold Star for their chipped cards. Other symbols can be used. Or it might simply be called an "Enhanced" card.

Were you given the option of getting an "Enhanced" card?

Only an "Enhanced" or chipped card can be used for Federal purposes -- such as boarding a US commerical airliner or crossing the Mexican or Canadian borders.

If not, your card may be chipped anyway.

“Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Washington have joined Maine and Utah in passing legislation opposing Real ID.”

I don't recall having an option for an "enhanced" card. Matter of fact I didn't even have to go into the VADMV to renew. They used my old photo from my last license that was taken in 2003/4 (That or close to it) and plastered it right on the new one. I paid my (highway robbery) renewal fee online and they sent me the new one. I did find it odd that it doesn't expire until 2020 and the last photo I had taken was around 03/04....One would assume that they would want a photo newer than that. That is a long time for many changes to take place considering it spans my 20's through my 40's.

If there is a chip in it, it is invisible as I can shine a light through and see nothing but the markings on the other side. I think I may let it ride on the microwave turntable for a second or two just in case...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
OK. All of you who have responded to me and my posts, have not shown what we are talking about. I put pics up of how to show everyone what the chip looks like. Not one of you has shown us the proof of a chip in your DL

Hand wringing, broad statements, wild accusations. Plenty of those.

No proof that your DL has a chip in it. Not one.

I believe I have given this thread enough attention

OP, flag for you, hope this subject attracts more critical thinkers.

G

Mrgone, I guess we did not make ourselves clear. Washington State does NOT use the Gold Star symbol.

Washington State residents are given the OPTION of buying an Enhanced (RFID chipped) Driver's License or ID card. Did you pay an extra $15 for the Enhanced card?

If you did not pay extra then you do NOT have a chipped card. Your card may NOT be used for Federal purposes --such as border crossings and (after 2013) boarding a US commerical airliner.

I do NOT have my chipped card yet. In my State, no opt out is given. When I get my card, I will see if there is a visable difference, but I doubt it.

Your photos are too small to be studied. Are you saying your photos show what an RFID chip looks like?

Have you googled an image of an RFID chip?

If you're still unsure you have a chipped card, you might take it to the DMV to make sure.

In any case, thanks for the Flag. Sorry you found the thread so disappointing.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I don't recall having an option for an "enhanced" card. Matter of fact I didn't even have to go into the VADMV to renew. They used my old photo from my last license that was taken in 2003/4 (That or close to it) and plastered it right on the new one. I paid my (highway robbery) renewal fee online and they sent me the new one. I did find it odd that it doesn't expire until 2020 and the last photo I had taken was around 03/04....One would assume that they would want a photo newer than that. That is a long time for many changes to take place considering it spans my 20's through my 40's.

If there is a chip in it, it is invisible as I can shine a light through and see nothing but the markings on the other side. I think I may let it ride on the microwave turntable for a second or two just in case...

You do NOT have a chipped card. The Real ID cards demand a biometric scanning of your face.

That they didn't bother to take a new photo says it all.

It's very curious how certain States are implementing the Real ID aggressively (even though they banned it) and others are not.

If all States are to be Real ID compliant by 2013, I wonder what the heck is going on in cases like yours.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Mine always takes severa unintentional trips through the washer and dryer, so whatever they put on it isn't going to last long

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You do NOT have a chipped card. The Real ID cards demand a biometric scanning of your face.

That they didn't bother to take a new photo says it all.

It's very curious how certain States are implementing the Real ID aggressively (even though they banned it) and others are not.

If all States are to be Real ID compliant by 2013, I wonder what the heck is going on in cases like yours.

That is a really good question. I am wondering the same thing myself. I am certainly not paying another $25.00 next year to have it redone since I paid this year already. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes or how they plan to implement this if other's are in my situation. I know many other's here who have licenses that do not expire until 2020... It is a bit odd when you think on it.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.

Not every State is using a Gold Star for their chipped card.

Are you saying that your Driver's License is transparent? Is this a new feature?

I think the Washingon State card is also transparent or see-through.

Did they do a biometric scan of your face?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
I think the ultimate goal is to have all peoples "chipped" eventually. This would mean their finances and personal data are all on the chip, as well as their location. All transactions would be done through scanning the chip.
-The thing they want is the total control. If you speak out of line or act in any manner which threatens their plans, they can turn off your chip, remdering you poor and non existent. Now that's scary stuff.

That's really not going to happen. As I've said earlier, the chips are too easily damaged by environmental RF radiation to be used as implants. And the chips themselves only store an identifier - whatever data is associated with that identifier would be stored in a database, and that database would become a prize target for criminal hackers. There would be numerous other problems in trying to implement, upgrade and maintain something of that scale.
edit on 3-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
your new state driver's license is a fed id card.
here are the requirements to have one issued here in fl.

notice on the left in the blue field that the fed id starts dec. 1 2017

Gather Go Get

notice they want ss#, now with the new license, you gonna have two id numbers.
cause we all know that thet already use the ss# as a id.

also i was wondering if other states have switched to the tax collectors office for drivers license.
i wonder if the fed is tacking through there now.

Yes, my new State's Driver's License is a Federal ID card, even though my State banned them.

I know Floridians raised a big stink about the Real ID Act.

Thanks for the heads up about two ID numbers.

So they've extended the implementation date to 2017. That explains a lot.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

Originally posted by spinalremain
I think the ultimate goal is to have all peoples "chipped" eventually. This would mean their finances and personal data are all on the chip, as well as their location. All transactions would be done through scanning the chip.
-The thing they want is the total control. If you speak out of line or act in any manner which threatens their plans, they can turn off your chip, remdering you poor and non existent. Now that's scary stuff.

That's really not going to happen. As I've said earlier, the chips are too easily damaged by environmental RF radiation to be used as implants. And the chips themselves only store an identifier - whatever data is associated with that identifier would be stored in a database, and that database would become a prize target for criminal hackers. There would be numerous other problems in trying to implement, upgrade and maintain something of that scale.

That's some good news.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

i've been playing with the gather go get date thing and the noticed that the effitive date has changed.
this last time i put a younger brith date in it and the fed date changed to dec 1 2014.
don't know what that's about.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Why have people been able to predict this tyranny, control, tracking devices or big brother would happen? Well two reasons: 1. Governments naturally oppress and 2. Technology cannot be halted. It will keep getting more and more efficient. Tracking is part of technology and part of efficiency. Everything and everyone will need to be on the grid to keep everything running smoothly in the future. It will get increasingly harder and harder to stay off the grid because technology is becoming more and more efficient and will soon be more advanced that it will easily be steps ahead of anyone trying to fool it. This is the movies. It can't be stopped, it is the natural evolution of technology. And as things become centered more and more around machines/A.I., people dying will as a result of trying to stay off the grid or bring down the grid will quickly lose any sympathy from the population. People will most likely be the fatasse$ that were portrayed in Wall-E, as they never need to leave their all-capable chairs/cars/toilets.

Whatever people want to name it, whether you like it or not... it's coming and it will be accepted. It has nothing to do with endtimes or religion. It's really just technology. So in essence, we will become less human
edit on 3-7-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I was just wondering...does every state issue ID cards with a credit-card like strip on the back or do only some?

Mine has one.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
I was just wondering...does every state issue ID cards with a credit-card like strip on the back or do only some?

Mine has one.

Mine had one until I had to renew. Now it has what looks like one of those blocks you scan with your cell phone (can't recall...QR code?) that goes all the way across the top of the back of mine.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

i've been playing with the gather go get date thing and the noticed that the effitive date has changed.
this last time i put a younger brith date in it and the fed date changed to dec 1 2014.
don't know what that's about.

That's weird. Are they making age a factor in the compliance date? The younger you are, the sooner you must comply?

Maybe there's a glitch in the Florida site.

The 2017 date I saw on one of the sites. But apparently, they've had to push back the compliance date a number of times -- to give everyone enough time to change over.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
Why have people been able to predict this tyranny, control, tracking devices or big brother would happen? Well two reasons: 1. Governments naturally oppress and 2. Technology cannot be halted. It will keep getting more and more efficient. Tracking is part of technology and part of efficiency. Everything and everyone will need to be on the grid to keep everything running smoothly in the future. It will get increasingly harder and harder to stay off the grid because technology is becoming more and more efficient and will soon be more advanced that it will easily be steps ahead of anyone trying to fool it. This is the movies. It can't be stopped, it is the natural evolution of technology. And as things become centered more and more around machines/A.I., people dying will as a result of trying to stay off the grid or bring down the grid will quickly lose any sympathy from the population. People will most likely be the fatasse$ that were portrayed in Wall-E, as they never need to leave their all-capable chairs/cars/toilets.

Whatever people want to name it, whether you like it or not... it's coming and it will be accepted. It has nothing to do with endtimes or religion. It's really just technology. So in essence, we will become less human.

Yes, I agree pretty much. I'm not an End-Timer or a Christian so I have a different interpretation of what is happening.

I do not belong to any organized religion, but have a great respect for Vedic Astrology (they use one of the sidereal zodiacs -- different from the West).

In the Hindu model of Yugas, we are in Dwapara Yuga. This is a period of great technological & scientific advancement. However only 50% of the people of this age are "Children of Light" -- the other 50% are "Children of Darkness" -- so there is constant turmoil between these two equal forces.

Treta Yuga (corresponds with the Age of Aquarius) is more than 2,000 years in the future. During Treta, there will be 75% of the people who are "Children of Light" -- finally they can overpower fhe forces of Darkness.

I wonder if humankind will survive long enough to see the Treta Yuga.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404

Mine has one.

My old Driver's License has a black strip on the back that looks like some kind of bar code. There's a hologram on the front.

I don't know yet what the new licenses will look like. It seems the new RFID chipped cards will look different depending on which State is issuing them. Not all will use the Gold Star symbol.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
just got my licence renewed here in wash. st...no stars or anything weird.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

HR3200 Bill Requires Everyone To be Chipped By March 2013 .

This will be the RFID chip implant that will also be used to access your banking needs .
Sorry !

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.

Not every State is using a Gold Star for their chipped card.

Are you saying that your Driver's License is transparent? Is this a new feature?

I think the Washingon State card is also transparent or see-through.

Did they do a biometric scan of your face?

The only choice I was given was if I wanted to keep the old picture. There is a bar code on back and a few hologram looking things on the front. But that's it. I tried like heck with the flashlight to see if I could find anything 'hidden', but found nothing......sorry, I should have given more description to begin with, I just now got the time to be more detailed....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join