It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andy Griffith dies at age 86

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Not to sound like a jerk, but I think my post might be a little educational for you guys. A friend of mine died a few days ago and my mind has been consumed with thoughts of him ever since. I should care more about Andy Griffith's death but I can't bring myself to. I'm sure once I'm thinking straighter I'll be sad about Andy Griffith.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhamBamTYM
Not to sound like a jerk, but I think my post might be a little educational for you guys. A friend of mine died a few days ago and my mind has been consumed with thoughts of him ever since. I should care more about Andy Griffith's death but I can't bring myself to. I'm sure once I'm thinking straighter I'll be sad about Andy Griffith.

I am sorry to hear of your loss, my heart is with you in this turbulent time.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Good Bye Andy! Few actors achieved what you have which was entertaining wholesome good clean story telling the Ole fashion way. Wholesome without the corn! For those of us who were raised in broken and abusive homes Andy showed us the love of a broken family without the pain could be like. After a rough child hood I enjoyed exploring North Carolina when I was stationed in the 82nd abn in 1972 and had one of the first Honda Motorcycles imported on the East Coast which received a lot of attention in those small villages. I enjoyed visiting those small hamlets and the gentle people in that Mountainousness State. My time in the service in NC would not have been the same without Andy gently showing us how an ideal childhood life could be and the closeness of a small community! No conspiracies here!

Just a little tune to bring back the memories

I used to love watching Aunt Bee for Folgers Coffee saying "Mountain Grown, its the riches kind!". Aunt Bee could not have envisioned Star Bucks being the richest kind lol.... More ways than one!

Aunt Bee explaining Folgers Coffee is Mountain Grown

Farewell Andy Rest in Peace... Thank you for doing such a good job with Ron Howard who has turned into a wonderful story teller as a director, what a legacy to leave behind! Well loved not forgotten!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Yeah, well, this just breaks my heart. I just loved Mr. Griffith. I always wanted him for my 'Pa' - though of course I'd of called him Dad, lol. Ya know, death isn't going to be so bad a thing if it'll give me a chance to say 'Thank you' and get to know people like Andy! It's actually something I'm starting to look forward too!

Happy Fishing Andy! See you on the flip side!

peace

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Good riddens!
no not really, but who gives a sh@# this is supposed to be a website not about AVERAGE B.S. NEWS, but ABOVE average news.

Why do people keep filling this place up with this B.S..... oh yeah, so they can feel good about themselves as if they actually did someone some good in their lives.

so here I rant;

That kind of news you can find on NBC(no brainer channel), CBS (SEE B.S.), ABC (A BLUNDERED COGNATION), CNN(CERTIFIED NEUROPATHIC NUTHOUSE), FOX(FKING OLD XYLOPHAGANS(they bore like the boring bug the xylophagan.))

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mikefromspace

That was one of the most disrespectful post I've had the displeasure of reading. That was an insult to myself, every other member that posted in this thread, and to ATS in general.

The passing of a media legend which influenced the thoughts and emotions of millions, and helped bring understanding of the world to people such as the members here that felt the need to express their appreciation for him on this thread is not just "average news". Look at the nuber of post, the number of flags, and the feeling of love that has been generated in everyone's comments.

You are simply wrong in your words.

Perhaps, you should go back and watch some of Mr. Griffith's shows...maybe you'll learn something from them...you seem to have missed a few important lessons in life, such as respect, sympathy, and connecting the dots.

Edit: After reviewing your post history, don't bother watching any of Andy's shows, you probably won't be able to learn anything....you're just a jerk in nearly everything you post, and will eventually get yourself banned from ATS for such behavior. Good luck finding a new home in some of the other conspiracy sites...you'll be much more welcomed there.
edit on 4-7-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by mikefromspace

That was one of the most disrespectful post I've had the displeasure of reading. That was an insult to myself, every other member that posted in this thread, and to ATS in general.
You are simply wrong in your words.

Thank you for your post! Well thought out and worded better than mine or what I am trying to write now LOL!

I just wanted to say Off topic please remove! But then I thought maybe I should explain how this man saved my life from prison!

Back on Topic! How many entertainers have you heard NOT swear? How many entertainers would be happy for children to view all of their work...... Enough said IMHO - This man is as American as apple pie and squeakier clean than the vanilla ice cream served next to that said pie. What Andy demonstrated was good wholesome family values of which I would have had none. My education at home was being left alone and cooking for myself in 3rd grade and being angry about it. Left chore list that a domestic engineer would scoff at. Andy showed that single people CAN be a family with a child! This was something my parents chose not to do as my father had 6 other older sons and a wife, My mother was an uneducated other woman who spent all of her time and what little money we had to go back to school so that she could get her high school degree then went on to SF State Uni and received a Masters. Jeanne my mother worked for the State and retired after investing her money wisely after 11 years of employment. She lived on that money till she died with nothing left over not even my childhood savings that she was the signee on as children in those days could not have a bank acct. in their name. Life was so bad that I with a low draft no choice to enlist and get out of hell and start my life so when I left I left everything including that bank account which I had to save 2/3 of my income to teach me savings. LOL I was taught not to leave money with people you don't trust and my mother was one of them great lesson great home life. When I entered the service I was not old enough to withdraw that money myself so I lost that and my childhood to the same person.

The point I am poorly trying to make is by statistic I should be a sexual monster and a child abuser, dead or in prison. I am not and my children had the life style I wish I had when I grew up. They also got the love and support from two parents. Yes I attribute much of this success to a man who influenced me most which was Andy! Sad I know a make believe life style education but IMHO many children have it far worse today! I grew up with Opie LOL. I found out how sad I was to my situation when at a young age because I found myself crying sometimes at the end of Andy show which forced me to inquire within myself why that was. I found out how unhappy I was and how unfair things were but Andy messages to his on stage son Ron Howard in the show was not wasted on me. So in a poor way of writing I am trying to say the first positive male role model was Andy Taylor! He had a profound effect on me. The biggest lesson I learned from that show was how unlucky in life I was and that the rest of my life and how my life effect others was my responsibility and nobody else's. Better put he was more a father than mine and taught me far more than my mother ever did! IMHO Andy deserved better than the post 2 postings above.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

Thank you for your post...You are exactly the type of person, and member here on ATS that I spoke in defense of. The story you've shared with us highlights that the passing of Andy has much meaning to many people, and his career had a profound effect on those that viewed his work.

He was more than just an actor, or a image on a screen. Andy was a father figure for many people, and a role model for those who needed it. It seems as though he had a important impact on your life, and I'm sure he's looking down at you, and appreciates the words of kindness and love.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I know this thread is old by forum standards, but I wanted to put my 2 cents in.

Not too long ago, me and my two little boys were watching Andy, and it was the episodes where Opie gets bullied, and Andy guided him through it the best he could. I was choked up and my little boys were glued to the screen(they are both wise beyond their years). Then, we watched the episode where Opie shot and killed the bird that had babies and Opie had to take care of them. Again, I was teary-eyed as my little ones looked on.

There hasn't been shows like that, since that, and is a huge part of what's missing in American culture these days. Instead we have kardashians and Snookie. No wonder the worlds gone to hell in a hand basket. Andy is the typical country boy and will be missed, but treasured for many, many years to come. R.I.P. friend.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Fylgje because: typo

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thanks to this thread I remembered the name of a cookery book I saw years ago and have been desperate to get since. Aunt Bees Mayberry Cookbook.
Ta muchly folks, didn't realise it was based on Andy's show, just knew that a lad called Opie was mentioned in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join