It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Re-Surging In Persian Gulf As Turkey Scrambles Jets For Third Day And Iran Fires Medium-

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Zero Hedge

Turkey's armed forces command said on Tuesday it had scrambled F-16 fighter jets for a third consecutive day on Monday after Syrian transport helicopters were spotted flying near to the Turkey-Syrian border, but there was no violation of Turkish airspace.

It said in a statement a total of six jets, four from a base in Incirlik in the south and two from Batman in eastern Turkey were scrambled in response to Syrian helicopters flying south of the Turkish province of Hatay, within 1.7-4.5 nautical miles of the Turkish border.

The article takes this from a financial perspective, but the message is clear. Risk has increased. Oil has popped back over $100/barrel and both gold and silver took nice little jumps today. For those that don't know, commodities such as oil and precious metals are sensitive to global risk and will rise with it.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sorry to be offtopic here but:

It said in a statement a total of six jets, four from a base in Incirlik in the south and two from Batman in eastern Turkey

They have a base called Batman!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well the United States just sent in warships and battle groups to the Persian gulf. We are going to WAR!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
Well the United States just sent in warships and battle groups to the Persian gulf. We are going to WAR!

Um... When was the last time the US didn't have warships and battle groups in the Persian Gulf?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It cost WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH for the U.S to just be posturing in-case of Hormuz shut-down.

Iran's missile sites and silos are all pointing to every single US Warship and American Base (Including Israeli) in the entire region. It will be interesting to see how they are all countered.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Expect for Rhetoric amidst propaganda to increase,

an 'accident' shall occur on the Syrian Turkey border, Likewise a 'Stray Missile' from Iran

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

It said in a statement a total of six jets, four from a base in Incirlik in the south and two from Batman in eastern Turkey

Yep and DarkKnight Rises July 19th.Fox mean anything to you?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I'll start to worry whenever they have a base called "X-men" with real mutated soldiers...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Iran is preparing to mine the Strait of Hormes.They have tabled a bill in their parliment,in response of the new sanctions imposed July 1.U.S has deployed mine sweepers to the area.Hence the Naval build up.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Sadly, that was my first reaction too...

On-topic. Taking the view from the financial tree is quite a sensible way to go, in determining what the insiders know already (or at least suspect, with their educated and experienced guesses)...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

Try not to sound like it's a good thing - real life isn't a Hollywood psy-op. Oh wait - yes it is. Never mind.

Carry on, nothing to see here, business as usual.

''Nation will rise against nation.."

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

To be honest those jumps in gold will do nothing but benefit Iran, as they have been selling their oil for gold this last two years instead of money... I do not know how the jumps in oil will effect them since they trade their oil to China and Russia primarily but it may be a huge benefit to them as well.

interesting.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Iran is preparing to mine the Strait of Hormes.They have tabled a bill in their parliment,in response of the new sanctions imposed July 1.U.S has deployed mine sweepers to the area.Hence the Naval build up.

i'll see your "mine the Strait of Hormes",,and CLOSE THE STRAIGHT'S of Gibraltar.

War Over./checkmate

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Today I was watching CNN and felt nauseated on how they were going about the Syrian torture reports, the US still has freaking Guantanamo opened and has its hands dirty with torture, one must simply look that most of the South American regimes torturers have learned how to do it in the US, even Noriega had that type of startup help.

It sickens me earing US media making a point about torture in other regions, they have no moral platform to speak out, they even refuse to be tried in international courts and often work to undermine their recognition.

One needs not look much further to the percentage of population the US has incarcerated to see how human rights are a preoccupation there...

I feel extremely revolted by this hypocrisy...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Gilbraltar

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Not shown on the OP, the refurbished USS Ponce (Afloat Forward Staging Base) passed thru the Suez on 22 June. It should be arriving Bahrain any day now.

security.blogs.cnn.com...

news.antiwar.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
turkey/usa/uk are by proxy at war with syria/russia its just a pissing war at the minute.
in the 80's the BBC made a film called 'threads' you can download it i think, somewhere?
what happened was in the UK we had the anti nuclear thing going strong, CND, Greenham Common sit in, and sit ins at other US nuclear bomber sites. Sellafield melting down everytime someone went for a tab break, the tories in office after saving penguins from evil Argentinians and thatcher receiving constantly off reagan, and how bad communism was, and why they should not be invading Afghanistan, or helping iran overthrow the newly elected USA guy for iraq, they just blew out the american elected shah, george bush installed saddam hussien for iraq to sort out iran and gave them chemical weapons to sort the commi scum out.
so remember iran had just overthrown the USA installed shah, america took control of iraq installed saddam to wipe out iran, and gave chemical weapons to use on them, to wipe them out.
russia allied themselves with iran to stop this madman saddam, the only way to help iran would be through afghanistan, so they invaded, made good progress till a donald rumsfeld set up a guerilla war machine for afghanistan, called al queada and fronted by bin laden, with american support russia was deadlocked in the mountains, #ed it off and eventually communism fell, it was shown the day Chernobyl went off, and they never showed it again on bbc 1, only bbc 4 and very low key.

'threads' is staged bang in the middle, russia sink an american ship, USA reply in kind russia sets off a tactical nuke wiping many american service crew, USA reply with full arsenal, and russia replys in kind, 'threads' is based on a family from Sheffield and how they try to get through it, check it out if you can find it.

edit on 6-7-2012 by stinkelbaum because: missed info

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Couple of comments based on the whole thread...

The US has had at least one carrier in the persian gulf since 1990. Prior to that they stayed just outside the persian gulf in the NW Indian Ocean/Arabian Sea. Typcially with any tension there is at least two, but I don't think we have ever launched a serious strike unless 3 or 4 carriers were in the area. That also includes usually one in the Med and.or Red Sea, neither there right now,...Lincoln is in the Gulf, Enterprise just outside it, and Ike on the way to the general area.

Threads can be watch in chunks on youtube I think..."The Day After" was the similar American version....

"Batman" has been a base in SE Turkey since at least 1990, where it was active during the Gulf War for many missions, often Special Ops from what I have read.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
2 Aircraft Carriers in the area (belonging to the US), another one on its way (US) and a French Destroyer squadron also on its way.

Looks like things are heating up nicely. I am just waiting for the US to renew drone strikes in Pakistan so that Pakistan can enter the war on Iran's side. If Pakistan joins then China comes into the fray (quote: 'Any strike on Islamabad is a strike on Beijing') and if China joins in then Russia will join (rather than leave themselves isolate from the rest of the world).

World War Three baby! Get your popcorn and Radiation suits! Buy 5 get one Free!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

ha ha

top topics

<<   2 >>

join