It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite hits sea off Perth - trail visible for 20min

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted but I couldn't find it if it has. I just came across this report on RSOE which is listed as an "Event into space".

Event into space in Other on Monday, 02 July, 2012 at 14:09 (02:09 PM) UTC

A burning trail lit up the sky over Western Australia for 20 minutes after an object suspected to be a meteorite plunged into the sea, leaving a burning orange trail that mesmerised local residents. Beachgoers in Perth debated what could have caused the strange burning line in the sky, which persisted for 20 minutes. Most meteorite trails are only seen briefly - and seeing an object plunge into the sea is rare. Local resident Gavin Trought captured a picture of the 'burning streak', saying, 'The weird streak in the sky seen from Cottesloe last night. I noticed it just before sunset

Link to event on RSOE

Is this even possible?

edit on 3-7-2012 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Dispersing contrail lit by the setting Sun... Not the first time something like that has been misreported sadly.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This was posted a couple days ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Dispersing contrail lit by the setting Sun... Not the first time something like that has been misreported sadly.

It's being reported everywhere as a meteorite that crashed into the sea and was witnessed by lots of people on Perth beaches.

Dailymail UK

But I do agree it just looks like a contrail..........or maybe chemtrail

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
*disappointed face* And I was SO ready for the Cloverfield-apocalypse..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

What am I supposed to see in the pic?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

You probably need to use the slider at the bottom to move across to the right, it doesn't show the whole pic on some monitors. :-)

OP - No I realise they are reporting it as such, I didn't mean to sound like I was blaming you! It's not the first time the MSM has reported a sunset lit contrail as a 'meteor trail'.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Local authorities also claim it is just a unique cloud formation illuminated by the sun.

You'd think they'd know a contrail from a cloud, but meh... it's not a meteorite anymore anyway..

top topics

join