It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Rightful' King of England dies in NSW

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is so weird. That man has popped into my head a lot recently, I saw the program when it aired a while back, and remember the bit with Tony Robinson trying to take a hair sample, and just cutting it instead of taking a sample with the root attached

How strange that he should be in my thoughts recently and he's died...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Flavian

Anyhoo, sorry for going off topic Kryties.

I don't think it's off-topic at all actually, I am learning quite a bit watching your conversations!

Please feel free to continue

Fair enough

Link here which explains more about the role of the Witan in Anglo Saxon society - Witan (sorry it is Wiki, other sources are academic and therefore cost - and i am tighter than a ducks a***hole!).

And this excellent link on the history of that period - Aetheling, Englands last hope

Interestingly enough, this final source calls him Edward repeatedly, whereas books i have at home refer to him as Edgar?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
well the satanists along with the rothschilds usurped the throne and have waged mass genocide on the poor planet.

I hope one day the aliens ,Shamballa or Russia remove these satanists from power.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I have access to my University library through the course I am doing online, I should log in and see if I can find anything juicy.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

I hope one day the aliens ,Shamballa or Russia remove these satanists from power.

Behold, we have our Holy Trinity!!

Yeah, I'll shoosh now....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I did wonder when you said "Edgar" but assumed it was just another name for Edward. Interestingly, it might be, as Edward means "happy/prosperous guard" and Edgar could be assumed to mean the same. Those Saxons had a habit of using very similiar sounding names and even changing them willy nilly too, which doesn't help!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Google 'Greg Hallett' in relation to this story.
I think you will be surprised and stunned!

Greg has quite a lot of interesting things to say on quite a lot of interesting topics.
-prince philip is the top-dog in the world of herion trade - he had lord mountbatton
killed only to blame it on the IRA - bill clinton is the offspring of winston churchill
and pamela harriman...

Just a teaser. He has also done quite a few interviews with Jim Fetzer
on The Real Deal Radio Show

Compulsory and paradigm shifting stuff!

edit on 3-7-2012 by OutonaLimb because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Shame he wasn't King of England, maybe he could have given these Union establishment wankers a spray and pumped much needed money into British league

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wow I had no idea about this guy, this is really interesting, thanks!!!

The lineage of the Royals is murkier than the Thames

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple
Wow I had no idea about this guy, this is really interesting, thanks!!!

Pleasure mate, it fascinated me when I first watched the doco back in 2004 and have kept tabs on it since.

The lineage of the Royals is murkier than the Thames

Yeah but I can't get enough of this stuff. If only I could have been a fly on the wall.....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Haha, I know exactly what you mean... To be honest they totally creep me out
but their history is so fascinating...

Just about to watch the 2004 documentary

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Very interesting documentary. So now the real king of england is King Jett or something? I bet that gets the attention of ladies in the local pub

Also this guy seemed quite down to earth and nice. Makes one wonder if he would've been raised as royalty and prepped for crown if he'd be the same at all.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Well I have reason to believe my family might have close ties to Rosslyn Chapel. I stumbled across some info a while back and haven't gotten around to following it up yet. I will soon, now that I have reminded myself.

Now there's a spooky place. The architecture is just so intricate and odd. The old cafe was much better for jaw dropping photos......why would so many members of the royal family visit such an out of the way small church unless it held some deep significance for them?

For those who have never been and have seen the Da Vinci Code I'm afraid everything in the movie below ground level is pure artistic license with computer graphics..........all the interesting stuff is at ground level and above your head.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Excellent documentary! Threads like this remind me why I came to ATS...

The way the Plantagenets' were treated by the 'official' royal family was appalling...

And I wonder how things would have turned out if the rightful heir had taken the throne....

Loved the bit when Tony told Mr Abney-Hastings he was rightful King..... I would love someone to turn up on my doorstep proclaiming me to be a long-lost princess, I think I could do princess very well

Oh and the cctv of 'Liz' doing her shopping in a German supermarket was classic

Now I need to go back and work out what the two posters were discussing on page 1, sounded complicated...

edit on 3-7-2012 by paradisepurple because: Sp.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

It was actually closed for a while for repairs. Since the Da Vinci Code came out, it has received a massive uptick in visitor numbers and apparently the sweat from all these people was degrading the inside of the chapel.

I have watched many a documentary on Rosslyn Chapel, and indeed it is fascinating how so many people of importance seemed to end up there at one time or another.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

How was that managed?
Wasn't the chastity belt a prerequsite in those days?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Aren't the royal family all descendents of William the Orange after King James defected to avoid the chopping block? Back in the day, before Catholicism took over Europe kings were elected, typically only in times of war.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here is an interesting breakdown of British Monarchs throughout history;

British Monarchs

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It sucks that someone died.

Interesting that someone else could hold a more true blood line to a royal crown.

Still royal lines are such a mess short of some actual magical stone that you touch and it identifies you as an heir there will alwayse be discrepancies.

I even have a good friend who is a princess of morocco along with god knows how many other people.

My point is royal lines are notoriously hard to track, I wouldn't be surprised if many of the current thrones are held by descendants of illegitimate heirs.
Heck it's even possible for a legitimate heir to not even be of the royal blood line due to cases of "removed" relations used to preserve a title.
Though that is rare and most of the time from what I've read the people in charge of heirs and such would rather let a title fall into disuse.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Pigraphia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have to disagree with that. Royal lines are the easiest to track in history. They are documented over and over again and all kinds of official oversight was in place. This case is a perfect example of it. No system is perfect thought which this case is an example of also. They didn't have dna tests around so when someone was sleeping around it might go unnoticed.

<< 1    3 >>

join