It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about chemtrails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I want to preface this by saying I do not believe chemtrails are real. After a lot of research on the topic the following are some questions I've never had adequately answered by chemtrail advocates:

1. Why would the (insert diabolical baby eating, puppy kicking clandestine organization of your choice) such an insurmountably stupid 'weapon' as chemtrails? Unless they've also managed to control the weather and air currents how are they supposed to control this? Everything from atmospheric studies to the eruption of Mount Saint Helens shows that once in the sky particles can drift for hundreds of miles. This inevitably would put whoever is supposed to be behind this (as wells as their families, children, pets, etc.) in as much danger as anyone else. If their goal is to blot out the sun as suggested then how do they stop normal atmospheric conditions from blowing it over their own country? For an all powerful cabal who run the world their methods are pretty shoddy.

2. There are numerous random diseases alleged to be caused by chemtrails. Be it Morgellons, autism, cancer, or whatever else is in vogue at the moment then why are there not clusters amongst those most at risk: farmers/tractor operators, bush pilots, storm chasers, park rangers, loggers, river guides, etc? They're constantly outdoors so you'd think they'd be struck down in droves.

3. Why hasn't a single actual scientist specialized in the atmospheric or meteorological fields come out in support of this theory? TV weathermen are often primarily trained in journalism or communications, and have no substantial scientific qualifications. The few weathermen I've seen supporting chemtrails reflect this.

4. For those who blame Morgellons on chemtrails I've yet to see any credible proof of a connection. While I don't think it is an entirely psychosomatic illness, I have yet to see any convincing evidence of the fibers being nonorganic or nanites. Every single YouTube user touting their footage of these 'activating' on contact with liquid ignore the obvious reason: dry material often appears to move when dampened. Kindergarteners do it with paper worms all the time. The only other movement I've seen were obviously the result of poking at the object in the liquid, or jostling of the surface they put it in.

So does anyone have any answers?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

odd that no-one cares to volunteer and answer yet??

Perhaps there's a concerted effort out there somewhere to provide actual verifiable evidence to show you all these things, but it's taking a bit longer than expected to get it all together??

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Equidae

odd that no-one cares to volunteer and answer yet??

Perhaps there's a concerted effort out there somewhere to provide actual verifiable evidence to show you all these things, but it's taking a bit longer than expected to get it all together??

I'm always up for evidence, though I try to evaluate ideas based on evidence coupled with Occam's Razor

I don't necessarily trust the government to act ethically, but conspiracies need more than people who aren't very nice. I was in the military, and I know anyone who has actually worked in the government would agree with me when I say it's nigh on impossible (particularly in this day and age) to form and maintain the sort of deception you'd need for a conspiracy. Government employees are just like anyone else at keeping secrets. I know my fellow Marines and I would have given a retirement community ladies bridge club a run for their money in terms of our propensity for gossip.

There are too many people you'd need to be involved in all sorts of facets from the mad scientist to the janitor who would all have to be in favor of this program (despite more than likely living in the affected areas), and be able to turn off their consciences. If the government hasn't been able to conceal Iran-CONTRA, Watergate, the Tuskegee syphilis study, or plant WMDs for Coalition forces to find in OIF then how are they going to be able to implement a program that requires vastly more people in public operations.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have come to accept that they just fill the planes with tons of jet fuel,
as the engines perform as they are designed.
They create by-products with combustion.
Some are harmful, some are not.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
And as of this time I am unable to get any real science on how aerosols affect rain.
Some claim it increases size and weight and falls to fast and evaporates, to reach the ground.
Some claim it creates more rain.
All forms of aerosol, plane or other to be clear.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
When I look at the world, I question.
How does the action of this mans tools affect me,
and what tools am I using that may be affecting other men,
and or living creatures.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket

See, now THAT is a chemtrail theory I can believe. There are carcinogens in jet exhaust, and lord only knows what the levels of air travel are spreading around the skies.

As for putting chemicals in the fuel, I don't buy it, and never will. Jet engines are extremely sensitive to things other than fuel going through them. And to date I have seen exactly ONE "sprayer plane" that truly was. It was an NKC-135 from Edwards used to test icing on other aircraft.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

See, now THAT is a chemtrail theory I can believe. There are carcinogens in jet exhaust, and lord only knows what the levels of air travel are spreading around the skies.

As for putting chemicals in the fuel, I don't buy it, and never will. Jet engines are extremely sensitive to things other than fuel going through them. And to date I have seen exactly ONE "sprayer plane" that truly was. It was an NKC-135 from Edwards used to test icing on other aircraft.

Agreed. Inadvertent pollution is plausible, secret world poisoning conspiracies not so much. I echo your opinions on jet engines. I deployed twice, and whenever we had dust storms everything was grounded, and if you tried to fly the engines would at some point gum up and stall. The same thing was why European air travel was shut down when the volcano in Iceland erupted. So I don't see how you could maintain a fleet of aircraft which regularly burn fuel laced with random chemical additives. I also don't see how they could rig up separate spraying apparatuses without drawing the attention of the air crew due to all the mucking around you'd have to do with the aircraft avionics.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

And as of this time I am unable to get any real science on how aerosols affect rain.
Some claim it increases size and weight and falls to fast and evaporates, to reach the ground.

The aerosol, surely, and this is just off the top of my head, falls to earth in the centre of the raindrop?

I'm not sure how dust and soot particles are supposed to evaporate?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It depends on the type of aerosol. Aerosols can be any small particle, from soot to sea salt to desert dust. Technically clouds themselves are aerosols, as they are just clouds of microscopic drops of water.

What an aerosol does depends on its size, and its molecular structure, this affects how much it will attract water and/or act as an ice nucleus.

There are a lot of aerosols in the atmosphere already, those added from jet exhaust don't change things much. To affect rain you need to take a highly specific type of aerosol (silver iodide, which has a molecular structure similar to ice) and spray it directly into a rain cloud. Even then it's hard to say exactly how much of an effect it has on total rainfall.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So there's not so much as a suggestion?

top topics

join