It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold December

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I stared out the window, the panes laced with solid tears. My beaths, desperate and heavy, slowed to the pace of a faucet dripping mollasses, freezing before it ever reached the strained lips of a starved child.

I stared out the window, watching you. Her icy, slender fingers traced your lips and ran through your dark black curls. She laughed, eyeing my window with a malicious grin, as if her dark, sunken eyes could shatter the glass and burn through my heart. That burning spread down my arms and into my palms, slitting veins and ripping my gaze towards my hands.

They really were burning, she really was staring, the window really had shattered, and it's scraps were lying in my fingers as I fell towards the snow covered ground.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Whoa.

Now, that's some serious writing!

It positively drips pain and human emotion.

I like it. Let's see more from you!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This is nice, you should keep it going. WE demand another instalment !

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wow, thank you! That was my frist post once I got my membership, I feel so honored to get a reply!

This was actually a dream I had, and as I was typing this story I was thinking of expanding but not quite sure. Maybe I'll start it up.

earthone- who is "WE"? I feel as if I'm being targeted by a secret society of sorts...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Time is something solid, a weight lifted on and off the shoulders of man, burrowing him into the ground when his concious resides with his fellow man, and lifted only when he is free in the world of the surreal, the lucid, the dreamer.

I began to feel very heavy, as I knew that time had once again stifled my heartbeat and snatched me from the heavens back into the never ending clock that is insomnia.

I lied for hours in my room, staring mindlessly at the cieling. It's flatness reflected my emptiness, and my emptiness was reflected in the chair that rested beside me.

You sat in it when my eyes felt lighter, you sat there when the weight was freed from my arms. When I still had the strength to break the chains of time from your back I sat there with you, and I carressed your skin, bare of all time. We sat there, dazing in the world of dreamers without closing our eyes.

I tried to run to that place again, but I was chained. I closed my eyes in attempt to see you, and when they begna to feel heavier still, I knew that this bed was not the place to look for you.

top topics

join