It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird christian experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I don't know if I'm posting in the appropriate forum or not ... but here goes:

I had a dream in which people were trying to use different religions to cast out a demon. I simply told it to leave and it left. There is much more to the dream and I can go into more detail if necessary. Anyway, since I had that dream, terrifying things have been happening: I often feel like I'm being watched, songs from when I used to go to church will pop into my head ... followed by a very uncomfortable feeling (mainly fear). Whatever it is, I tell it to leave and it disappears. When I pass by churches, it feels like something is watching me. Whe I go into churches, I feel like something just isn't right ... but it doesn't just stop at christian churches. It's happened at mosques, synagogues, and temples. I don't know what's going on ... but whatever it is, it seems to be afraaid of me. It's always at a distance, it leaves when I tell it to, and the few times I've actually seen it, it recognizes that I saw it and runs. Can anyone help me?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Talk to a priest, and a psychologist.

Best to cover all bases just in case.rd.
edit on 3-7-2012 by benrl because: Stoopid cell phone key board.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
THEY are a religion and are in ALL religions...

Perhaps this dream is trying to warn you of that.

All false religions are illuminati created...
"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion.
Source

"talk to a priest, and a psychologist..."

You ARE kidding, right?

edit on 3-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion.
Source

"a priest, and a psychologist..."

He saying he is seeing visual hallucinations and you think its not a good Idea to seek help? are you aware how many serious brain conditions can cause this? on top of the psychological ones?

list of causes for Hallucinations

Honestly, I understand this is ATS, but encouraging ignoring a possible major issue medically is not a good thing.
edit on 3-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Kind of like an anal probing, Christian experiences are always unpleasant.
edit on 3-7-2012 by mileysubet because: Oops...meant to say alien, but hey anal still works

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Source

"a priest, and a psychologist..."

He saying he is seeing visual hallucinations and you think its not a good Idea to seek help? are you aware how many serious brain conditions can cause this? on top of the psychological ones?

list of causes for Hallucinations

Honestly, I understand this is ATS, but encouraging ignoring a possible major issue medically is not a good thing.

So you're saying that I'm hallucinating and I should talk to a priest? To me that's like saying I broke my leg, and therefore should see a tailor. As far as psychologists go, I have one ... but he doesn't see anything wrong with me. There are no signs of psychosis. All I can fathom is that I'm being attacked by the "spirit of religion" as it were.
edit on 3-7-2012 by scolai because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

Honestly, it would be my hope that the priest would guide you softly toward medical solutions to the problem.

If you where dealing with psychotic break of some kind.

and I doubt that your Doctor thought having paranoia and Visual Hallucinations as being fine...

Either your trolling, or your lying about the doctor.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Visual experiences are often a sign of some sort of organic brain problem.

It sounds spiritual though, and I don't know if you are catholic.

You've also been so vague as to where I can't tell what you are seeing or WHAT you feel it is.

It seems - as best I can tell from what little you've said- that you've encountered your own spiritual power.

You might be having - it sounds like -to me- an old witch- a conflict between what you know deep down and what you feel coming from some organizations.

It sounds to me- from your dream- that you are being called to a more mystical path. Maybe read some writings of the Christian mystics for strength. St. Francis of Assisi comes to mind. I'm not sure if I am spelling his name right or not though. There is a strong and beautiful Christian path of mysticism.
edit on 3-7-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

To be more specific, what I've seen have been mostly shadows and weird energy distortions. There was one time that I did see an full entity, but it's kinda difficult to describe.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

edit on 3-7-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by scolai

To be more specific, what I've seen have been mostly shadows and weird energy distortions. There was one time that I did see an full entity, but it's kinda difficult to describe.

I'd say monitor your level of fear well if that's the case. Manage it well and back away from religion when it becomes too high even if you have to force yourself.

It's easier to walk in a world where no supernatural exists. The Christian religion recognizes that it does however and generally advises that you do not become fascinated with it.

It is a hindrance on that particular path. You are doing the right thing, it sounds like, you recognize it, and you push it away, it is not for you.

The path to Christian mysticism is paved only with bricks of compassionate feeling, not a seeking to control supernatural power.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

I'd say monitor your level of fear well if that's the case. Manage it well and back away from religion when it becomes too high even if you have to force yourself.

It's easier to walk in a world where no supernatural exists. The Christian religion recognizes that it does however and generally advises that you do not become fascinated with it.

It is a hindrance on that particular path. You are doing the right thing, it sounds like, you recognize it, and you push it away, it is not for you.

The path to Christian mysticism is paved only with bricks of compassionate feeling, not a seeking to control supernatural power.

Well I'm not a christian anymore. I haven't been since I found the light within myself. How exactly does any of this play into christian mysticism anyway?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

All I can fathom is that I'm being attacked by the "spirit of religion" as it were.

It is more likely you are being attacked by your own paranoia and fear.

The sooner you recognize and confront your own inner fears, the sooner this will subside, and you can move on with your life.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I had a dream in which people were trying to use different religions to cast out a demon. I simply told it to leave and it left. There is much more to the dream and I can go into more detail if necessary. Anyway, since I had that dream, terrifying things have been happening: I often feel like I'm being watched, songs from when I used to go to church will pop into my head ... followed by a very uncomfortable feeling (mainly fear). Whatever it is, I tell it to leave and it disappears. When I pass by churches, it feels like something is watching me. Whe I go into churches, I feel like something just isn't right ... but it doesn't just stop at christian churches. It's happened at mosques, synagogues, and temples. I don't know what's going on ... but whatever it is, it seems to be afraaid of me. It's always at a distance, it leaves when I tell it to, and the few times I've actually seen it, it recognizes that I saw it and runs. Can anyone help me?

Are you starting to feel like this? Because I always have.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

Well I'm not a christian anymore. I haven't been since I found the light within myself. How exactly does any of this play into christian mysticism anyway?

Well there you go. It can actually be very hard to 'give up' a religion. If you really believed it, and it taught some elements of fear, it can take a while.

Some people cannot get past those old beliefs, and really need to return to them, and seek a more mystic path within the religion that holds their deepest pyche. I'm not saying, in your case, that you do, but it might be a possibility.

When I first left the Christian path, I had a sort of similar experience. In my case it was caused by my 'seeing' the confinement I'd felt, and being angry about it, and also a bit of fear coming out, because it had been installed in me.

Personally though, I have come to believe that ALL mysticism touches the same core truths, and that I might have shaved years off where I am if I'd kept on the path I was born on. The problem I had with Christianity, is that THAT path was not the one the churches I was going to were prescribing, and I wasn't finding it in any 'Christian book'. They- to me to this day- seem to mainly want good followers. They teach you to be a sheep in God's flock.

I had no desire to be a sheep or a member of a flock. I wanted to be MORE like Jesus than Christianity allowed and felt- deeply- I could be.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Well what did you see when you saw it?
What did it look like?
Have you been tripping on acd, '___' or whatever?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

Are you starting to feel like this? Because I always have.

Thanks for sharing that video... Describes me and where I come from to a T

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I'm not a disbeliever in the supernatural but keep in mind what other posters have said, there could be a medical reason for this.

A member of my family was ill and had epileptic fits as a result. Leading up to this he started to get great rushes of fear and hallucinations. At first some people thought he had gone nuts! He may have had better treatment and avoided future health problems if this was taken serously at the visual disturbance stage.

Some people have milder epileptic episodes were they are still concious yet get the feelings of fear and hallucinations, just something to consider.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I am not on drugs. I am also not going through a psychotic episode. Strangely enough, however, my grandfather went through a similar experience when leaving the catholic church.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

It would help to know more about your statement above. By stating that you are not a Christian anymore, do you now deny the Christ Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, or do you mean that you stepped out of the organised Christian religion? If the light within you is Christ, you would know that organised religion today is mainly based on man-made religious dogma and rituals, even within the Christian denominations. If the light within you was Christ, you would understand the time in which we live. If that light within you was Christ, you would understand your dream and feelings. If that light within you was Christ, you would understand Peter's statement that the devil prowls around like a lion seeking to devour. If that light within you was Christ, you would understand how and why Our Father admonishes, chastises and tests us in order to strengthen our walk with Him, in which case you will continue to test the spirits using discernment and/or to keep rejecting these spiritual 'entities'. If that light within you is Christ, you would be drawing closer to Him for He is greater than the one in this world. However, if that 'light' within you isn't Christ you will not understand any of my points.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join