It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Old Mitt’s Investment in a Fetus-Disposal Company Is Not a Great Thing for New Mitt

page: 4
52
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
So why haven't the Romney lovers come here yet?

So why haven't the Romney haters come here to try to challenge what I said?
Maybe I should give it more than four hours .. it'll take them longer than that
to try to find something legiitimately wrong with what I said.




posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


The other silly part of this is that people in here seem to actually think the owners and investors of companies know every detail of the business. I have worked for a lot of companies and I have not seen too many of those companies owners that actually knew what went on day to day. Investors are even further removed. They just want to see their stocks go up but dont really know what goes on day to day. Do you really think that every investor and companies owners get a list of everything going on in detail? And if they do, do you think they really read it in detail? I doubt it. They trust that the people running the company with boots on the ground are doing their jobs and they collect the checks. And if you dont think America needs someone right now that knows how to make money you really need to step back and look again.



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


The other silly part of this is that people in here seem to actually think the owners and investors of companies know every detail of the business. I have worked for a lot of companies and I have not seen too many of those companies owners that actually knew what went on day to day. Investors are even further removed. They just want to see their stocks go up but dont really know what goes on day to day. Do you really think that every investor and companies owners get a list of everything going on in detail? And if they do, do you think they really read it in detail? I doubt it. They trust that the people running the company with boots on the ground are doing their jobs and they collect the checks. And if you dont think America needs someone right now that knows how to make money you really need to step back and look again.


Its not that he owned the company, its that he lied about owning the company. Spin all you must, deflect all you must, he lied about it and that's why its a big deal.



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Its not that he owned the company, its that he lied about owning the company.

He's invested .. he's not the owner. Or do you have info that says otherwise?
Did he lie and say he wasn't invested in this company from 2004 onward?
I haven't seen that. Please provide a link. Thank you.



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


I guess the "be responsible" mantra doesn't apply if your rich.


He did lie, his people lied, its in the article on the opening post. If you wish to disprove this please use the article in the op, and please do show links.


When Huffington Post reported on it earlier this year, Bain officials insisted that Mitt Romney, the currently pro-life Republican presidential candidate, had already left Bain when it happened, in 1999. But a trove of financial filings uncovered by Mother Jones appears to show the very opposite:


See Bain Officials insisted that Mitt had already left Bain when it happened.


The SEC filing lists assorted Bain-related entities that were part of the deal, including Bain Capital (BCI), Bain Capital Partners VI (BCP VI), Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors (a Bermuda-based Bain affiliate), and Brookside Capital Investors (a Bain offshoot). And it notes that Romney was the "sole shareholder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of BCI, BCP VI Inc., Brookside Inc. and Sankaty Ltd."

The document also states that Romney "may be deemed to share voting and dispositive power with respect to" 2,116,588 shares of common stock in Stericycle "in his capacity as sole shareholder" of the Bain entities that invested in the company ...

Another SEC document filed November 30, 1999, by Stericycle also names Romney as an individual who holds "voting and dispositive power" with respect to the stock owned by Bain.


link

What part of sole shareholder do you not understand.




edit on 5-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


I guess the "be responsible" mantra doesn't apply if your rich.


He did lie, his people lied, its in the article on the opening post. If you wish to disprove this please use the article in the op, and please do show links.


When Huffington Post reported on it earlier this year, Bain officials insisted that Mitt Romney, the currently pro-life Republican presidential candidate, had already left Bain when it happened, in 1999. But a trove of financial filings uncovered by Mother Jones appears to show the very opposite:


See Bain Officials insisted that Mitt had already left Bain when it happened.


The SEC filing lists assorted Bain-related entities that were part of the deal, including Bain Capital (BCI), Bain Capital Partners VI (BCP VI), Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors (a Bermuda-based Bain affiliate), and Brookside Capital Investors (a Bain offshoot). And it notes that Romney was the "sole shareholder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of BCI, BCP VI Inc., Brookside Inc. and Sankaty Ltd."

The document also states that Romney "may be deemed to share voting and dispositive power with respect to" 2,116,588 shares of common stock in Stericycle "in his capacity as sole shareholder" of the Bain entities that invested in the company ...

Another SEC document filed November 30, 1999, by Stericycle also names Romney as an individual who holds "voting and dispositive power" with respect to the stock owned by Bain.


link

What part of sole shareholder do you not understand.




edit on 5-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)


So what your saying is the words "appears to show" is proof? Really? Because I dont see that as any sort of smoking gun. I see this as a bunch of dates that are real close together and more than likely this all came about around the same time, them starting this particular work and him selling off his interest in the company. He more than likely never knew anything about it and more than likely thought he was speaking the truth. Do you think he went down himself and sold off his stocks? Or do you think maybe he put in a call to his broker and told him to sell it off when he thinks he can get the most out of it?

I love how when its a Democrat we can hold them to the absolute letter of what they said and not read between the lines or give the benefit of the doubt. But when its Obama we should all bow to him, hang on every word but somehow let him have a free pass with anything he lies about because they are not lies, just slight embellishments or he remember things different than what they actually were or he was just flustered giving a speech and put on the spot. Give me a break. This is almost laughable.



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So Romney, who invests in thousands of companies, didn't know the full details of a function of this one company and liberals are slamming him for it. "He should know."

So what is your response to the Fast and Furious scandal in his own administration that Obama admitted he knows nothing about? Oh he gets a pass on that, right.



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Mitt probably never would have gotten involved if Liberals were capable of disposing of their own aborted fetuses.
Regardless, we need to call it exactly for what it is,
Just one more ounce of business experience that Romney has over Obama!



posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So its somehow liberals fault for Romney owning 2 million shares of this company?

The topic is about
Romney once pro choice businessman owned a company that made a profit on aborted fetus. Now Romney claims to be pro life, and lied about owning this company.

The topic is not about Obama, liberals, or fast and furious.




posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
So its somehow liberals fault for Romney owning 2 million shares of this company?

The topic is about
Romney once pro choice businessman owned a company that made a profit on aborted fetus. Now Romney claims to be pro life, and lied about owning this company.

The topic is not about Obama, liberals, or fast and furious.



I dont remember him lying about owning this company. He just said that he sold it before they started this facet of the business and he may or may not even know the truth in that as I have already pointed out. Have you ever been in the business he is in? Do you know how the buying and selling of business work? You just meet in a parking lot, exchange titles and walk away. There is a little more to it and and he may not know the exact date that his shares were sold.

But whether he owned it or not really makes no difference to me as a voter. I am glad he had the money to own a company and employ american citizens. What has Obama done? Because that is really what this thread is about. Bash Romney so we can try with all our might to push Obummer (Barry) back into office for 4 more years of the deconstruction of the American way of life.

Why is it ok for Obama to misspeak (Lie) and not Romney? I honestly dont think Romney even knew the answer for sure on that one. And even if he did fudge the numbers by a couple of months. What is a couple of months in the grand scheme of things? Did you ever think maybe he sold it because of what they were doing? Or wanted to do? At least he was out doing something. Not smoking weed and protesting.



posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
of course the liberals have no idea how real businesses work.

unless you count the business of sticking their hands out begging, then demanding more and better things from those giving the handouts. thats serious business there.


and who cares if he was pro life/choice/whatever. you libs dont even count aborted fetuses as anything but a reason to get more govt goodies somebody else pays for.

not like a fetus is even a person right? remember? so he may have lied about throwing away some trash. who cares about that right?

thats the best the left has? OH LOOK, ONE OF ROMNEYS INVESTMENTS THROWS AWAY MEDICAL TRASH AND HE MAY HAVE LIED. OHHHHHHHHHHHH GOT YOU GOOD!

how about "i wont raise taxes on the middle class" for a lie?



posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Another SEC document filed November 30, 1999, by Stericycle also names Romney as an individual who holds "voting and dispositive power" with respect to the stock owned by Bain. If Romney had fully retired from the private equity firm he founded, why would he be the only Bain executive named as the person in control of this large amount of Stericycle stock?

I came across another article that suggests that Romney received $50M for disposing aborted fetuses.

In 2001, the Bain-Madison Dearborn partnership that had invested in the company sold 40 percent of its holdings in Stericycle for about $88 million—marking a hefty profit on its original investment of $75 million. The Bain-related group sold the rest of its holdings by 2004. By that point it had earned $49.5 million. link

If Romney was involved in Bain up until 2002 when he was elected governor and subsequently mandated abortion in Romneycare, did Bain and Stericycle profit from Romneycare? Bain didn't supposedly sell its holdings in Stericycle until 2 years after Romney had been elected governor.
edit on 19-8-2012 by chizeled because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chizeled
 



and subsequently mandated abortion in Romneycare


Can you please provide a link that shows Romney required people to get abortions?

I must have missed that



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

That Bain Capital investment in Stericycle, a medical-waste company that helps to dispose of aborted fetuses? When Huffington Post reported on it earlier this year, Bain officials insisted that Mitt Romney, the currently pro-life Republican presidential candidate, had already left Bain when it happened, in 1999. But a trove of financial filings uncovered by Mother Jones appears to show the very opposite:

Old Mitt's Investment in a Fetus Disp...
Pro life my ass, this guy changes his positions more than any other candidate I have ever seen. When he ran for Governor he was pro choice, now he is running for president he is pro life. He owned stock in a "fetus-disposal company". His people tried to cover for him but failed.

I guess it's more fun to debate the immigration and the Obamacare, but wow how can you ignore this???




mitt is a straight up puppet for wall street...

he is a master shill, lol


hey, truth is truth...


i pray Humans can see though the bs...



thank you



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Romneycare allocates state taxes for abortions:

Now Romneycare abortions are "free" for a $0 copay (or $50-$100 in some plans).


The Massachusetts health care reform established a government funded program, Commonwealth Care, that includes coverage of abortion. Commonwealth Care was made available for free to everyone in the Bay State who was below the poverty line and subsidized participation was made available to those above the poverty line.

hmm...so abortion was free for poor people...that sounds an awful lot like eugenics to me...


Vander Plaats says that one big stumbling block for Romney is the Massachusetts health care law’s coverage of elective abortions. “They can try to spin” Romneycare, he says. “The fact is that abortions are still allowed under that law, and the state is involved in funding those abortions.

Romney authorized state funded abortions in Romneycare and then may have sent the aborted fetuses to Bain owned Stericylcle for disposal.

edit on 20-8-2012 by chizeled because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
52
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join