It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Mitt’s Investment in a Fetus-Disposal Company Is Not a Great Thing for New Mitt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

That Bain Capital investment in Stericycle, a medical-waste company that helps to dispose of aborted fetuses? When Huffington Post reported on it earlier this year, Bain officials insisted that Mitt Romney, the currently pro-life Republican presidential candidate, had already left Bain when it happened, in 1999. But a trove of financial filings uncovered by Mother Jones appears to show the very opposite:

Old Mitt's Investment in a Fetus Disp...
Pro life my ass, this guy changes his positions more than any other candidate I have ever seen. When he ran for Governor he was pro choice, now he is running for president he is pro life. He owned stock in a "fetus-disposal company". His people tried to cover for him but failed.

I guess it's more fun to debate the immigration and the Obamacare, but wow how can you ignore this???

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Seriously?

I don't even know what to say to that...

Ive said it from the start hes not in it to win it, hes in it to make a good show.

Funny how more and more ridiculous Romney storys keep showing up, Im waiting for the he abuses dog story...

Oh wait they did that.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

No one wants to comment? Mittflipper in all his glory?

What do you supposed they sold dead fetus for anyway?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
He's perfect.
The guy is perfect for the job.
Mitt Puppet.

I love politics

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I can't believe it.

I don't believe it.

How could he have possibly condoned such a thing.

He must have been ill-advised.

Or those records are false positives and were entered before the official changes were made.

Has he admitted to knowing these things ?

How could such liberal agendas create such massive profits ?

I'm confused now.

edit on Jul-03-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I don't believe it.

How could he have possibly condoned such a thing.

How? There was money involved. That's how. That's all he needs.

Are you serious you don't believe this? Here's a link to the examiner. That should convince you!

And a more reputable Source...

Bain's involvement with the Stericycle was first reported earlier this year by the Huffington Post. At the time, the Romney campaign deflected the story by claiming that the candidate had left Bain in February 1999 before the deal went down.

But the S.E.C. documents unearthed by Mother Jones's David Corn raise questions about that explanation. They date from November 1999, and say Romney "may be deemed to share voting and dispositive power with respect to" the shares in Stericycle. As Corn wrote, the documents suggest "Romney still played a role in Bain investments until at least the end of 1999."

He must have been ill-advised.

Yeah... Or maybe, like John Roberts, he stopped taking his seizure medications and it made him crazy.

I can't believe anyone here would vote for this yahoo!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

F&S for yet another OP exposing the real Mitt Romney!

This revelation really shouldn't surprise anyone who understands how unfettered greed affects those who fall into that trap. If you want to see just how easy it is to get a greedy individual to abandon their moral values, just show them how to make money from doing so and they'll reverse their stance in a New York minute. Mitt Romney is in it for himself and no one else, always has been and always will be.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What do you expect from a fake christian who worships snip? They prolly make snacks out of em.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Digging dirt up on a guy isn't hard if the guy is a DIRT BAG.

LOL.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Seriously?

I don't even know what to say to that...

Ive said it from the start hes not in it to win it, hes in it to make a good show.

Funny how more and more ridiculous Romney storys keep showing up, Im waiting for the he abuses dog story...

Oh wait they did that.

I don't care for Willard...but it reminds me of when they put Bob Dole up against Clinton...same as it ever was....

Two Party one agenda!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

In 1999 I don't think Romney had any intention of running for public office. His true colors are shining through based on his history. What did they say about the exersketch??

Profit above morality is the theme and the rule of law with Romney. I wonder if we will have this as a debate question?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I wouldn't count on it. Such a poor choice for the Republican but then I think that was the plan all along. We have crazy debt and mistrust of the Rich so who worse to put up then Willard...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Profit above morality is the theme and the rule of law with Romney. I wonder if we will have this as a debate question?

No, he will not have it as a debate question...not with the POTUS, but if Gingrich or Santorum had the info during the nominee debates it would have been thrown at him. If it was a debate question, Romney would have outright denied it. Pres. Obama is a bit handi-capped as he thinks it will be a fair fight and people want an honest debate.

Here is what Gingrich said about Romney's debate style..

In an interview with The Washington Post, Gingrich said he was stunned by Romney’s debate performance the previous evening, which he characterized as “the most blatantly dishonest performance by a presidential candidate I’ve ever seen.”

and here...

“You cannot debate somebody who is dishonest. You just can’t,” he said. “The people say I’m a good debater. I can’t debate somebody who won’t tell the truth.”

Gingrich said he admittedly backed down at Thursday’s debate. He went back and watched the last two debates and was not happy with either one of them.

“A couple scenes you can go back and replay, I’m staring in amazement. I know what he’s saying is untrue. And I also know that in that particular audience it would not have worked to take him head on,” Gingrich said.

Gingrich said there was “no practical way” to deal with somebody who is willing to say something “totally dishonest.” Gingrich used the example of Romney denying he voted for Democrat Paul Tsongas in a Democratic primary.

abcnews.go.com...

Anything pres. Obama throws at him in a debate, Romney will outright deny, honesty be damned, Romney voters don't care and think fact-checking is for "liberals".

edit on 3-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I agree the hard core supporters will not do a fact check, but I think independent voters sure will.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i'm really surprised this hasn't generated many comments. the man is sleazy but people are so hell bent on obama not being president they will ignore anything bad about romney. the man has hidden bank accounts and shipped lots of jobs overseas. he knows full well what was in that medical waste. the man is a typical GREEDY business man.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The 'far left' should be defending his investment. Afterall .. it's no big deal to invest in something that is legal, right? I doubt this will lose him many votes. It's a choice between really bad (Obama) and just plain ol' bad (Romney) ... so the right will stick with the plain ol' bad-Romney instead of the really-bad-Obama. They'll hold their noses and vote for Romney anyways. That'd be my guess.

Still .. I find it VERY interesting. Good find OP.

ETA -

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I can't believe anyone here would vote for this yahoo!

I can't believe anyone here would vote for Obama either.
But ... Romney and Obama keep getting votes ...

edit on 7/3/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I dont see the problem here? Clue me in I guess. So your saying he invested in a medical waste company and part of the job the company did was disposing of aborted fetuses? What do you think happens to them? Do they disappear into thin air? Isnt it the liberals that allow this to still happen in the first place? Did he do something illegal or un constitutional like the current president? What part of this is illegal? And its funny people will question this but not a fake birth certificate thats online. We will take peoples word on that. But not someone doing something perfectly legal to make money. Yes investing in companies that are doing work within the law is pretty bad. Lets string him up.

I bet next your going to try and tell me he drives the speed limit on the highway.
edit on 3-7-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

It is a big deal because he lied about it.

Lets see how many evangelicals votes for him after learning this.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Not only has he lied, he knowingly made lotsa money on the disposal of aborted fetuses. Something his voters (for the most part) would find abhorrent. FF, I'm sure the left is not concerned. It's his voters who ought to know this.

It's Romney dirt.
We can't discuss his positions on the issues because he either doesn't have any or they change so fast, it's hard to keep up!

edit on 7/3/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

He invested in a company that disposed of aborted fetuses, And he claims to be pro choice......Then lied about it.
Nobody said it was illegal, Not in the OP. No law was broken, but once again Mitt is caught BSing everyone.

Does that clear it up for you?

Comprehension skills man! Work on em.

-----------------------------------------------

I am really not surprised by this as all. At this point I actually expect it, and I am anxious to see what other flip-flops this greedy guy does to brown nose republicans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join