Nenothtu for ATS Regent - Curmudgeon Party (Summation)

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The time is upon us to forge bravely ahead into an uncertain but nevertheless glorious future - much like any other day.

We are here to vote for the office of ATS Regent, an ATS member with superpowers beyond compare - much like any other ATS member.

During the course of this campaign, the various candidates sought to develop a vision of just what the office of Regent entailed. Some saw it as "member advocate". Some saw it as an office to coalesce the membership, galvanize it into a homogenous unit. All acknowledged it to be an office with no bestowed power, no real authority to accomplish much at all.

I see it as a symbol. A position of powerless leadership, but leadership all the same. An office of unity, a symbol of all that is ATS. Note well that "unity" is not "homogenous" in my particular vision. There is a boringness to sameness, and variety IS the spice of life. If we all agreed, all but one of us would be unnecessary. No, unity is something else, a way of forging what can at times be maddening difference into the staggering complexity of solution. ATS Regent is not that solution, but the office is the embodying symbolization of it.

The holder of the office of Regent is YOU, the members of ATS The elected officer is only keeping the throne warm for you.

It only makes sense, therefore, that the Regent be elected from the trenches, a person of the people of ATS, straight out of the ranks. An effective leader must first know just what is being led, and that requires a rise from the rank and file, someone who has been there, done that, and is cognizant of YOUR concerns, fears, hopes, and dreams. that's me. I've spent all of my time at ATS fighting, laughing, and crying with a great many of you, side by side and sometimes toe to toe. I've turned a lot of foes into friends, but never a friend into a foe.

I AM you, even when we disagree, and that is the paramount reason, perhaps, that I ask for your vote. A vote for me is a vote for yourself.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all connected with the campaign for Regent, and my own election team in particular. Beezzer, for coming up with the idea for this grand experiment in political action. The staff and ownership of ATS for allowing it to happen, and not grinding it to dust under the weight of the candidates own foibles and eccentricities. My esteemed opponents, the other candidates, for providing thought provoking platforms and stimulating debate. OpinionatedB, for an absolutely outstanding job of interviewing all the candidates, crystallizing and clarifying their stances and positions.

In particular and by name I'd like to acknowledge my campaign and graphics team. Nettie's Hermit, who nominated me in the first place, and initiated the campaign with the Curmudgeon party campaign pin and flag. Slayer69 for the official campaign video and commercial, numerous campaign banners and signature-stickers in lieu of bumper stickers, and tireless campaigning on behalf of the Curmudgeon Party. BIAD, my campaign manager, for direction, banners, numerous graphics, and some much needed campaign levity.

It's been a fine run and a fun time. Good luck to all the candidates, and may the best one for the job take the tinfoil crown!

The Curmudgeon Party Platform and discussion thread

The Curmudgeon party on Facebook

Neno's COLB - proving he's eligible for the job... Obama's COLB at top for comparison and verification:

(AKA "Campaign Advertisements"):

Hi...

You don't know me

My name is Gertrude Abagail Snodgrass the third

I just wanted to reply and let everyone reading this know that I fully support and endorse the Curmudgeon Party officially. Not just because I've been Nenothtu's long time penthouse kept sex kitten {Oh, the passion} but because the man has a real good message!

Thank you.

Paid political spokeman Kitteh sez:

Even Aliens want to believe....

The Curmudgeon party Campaign Song:

(THIS SPACE FOR RENT - Inquire within for details)

edit on 2012/7/3 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Where's that TRUTH guy at? You're late to the dinner table, but I'd expect that from a curmudgeon.

Best of luck. Good speech.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Fricken awesome. Well done nenothtu, still laughing. On a serious note, perhaps because the literature from the booze party seems to have been lost in the mail, when is the actual vote and how do we participate?

CJ

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

The actual vote is you flagging a "Summation" thread for the candidate of your choice. If you were to vote for neno it would be done by flagging this thread.

FYI Intrepid wanted us not to make any comments in the summation threads, to simply keep our comments in the previous threads.www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

It's true, you can vote for more than one candidate. You can vote for all of them, if you like. It's your choice. The end tally will be the candidate with the MOST flags. You, as a member, can influence this election! If your vote ever counted before, it's now.....

Look for the threads in the "Political Rivalry" forum with (Summation) in the title. Those are the candidates that have made voting threads so far. The vote goes to the member with the most FLAGS. Voting goes on until Saturday at noon, so be sure to get your friends to vote for the best candidate.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Remember to vote for me!!!

Free ONE DAY LAWN PASSES!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've always liked grumpy old people. They make my day so much sunshine.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

ATTENTION!

NEWS UPDATE!

The voting processes have now begun for ATS Regent. ALL members of ATS should locate the thread for their chosen candidate with the word "Summation" in the title and flag that thread. The flag is your vote! Whichever candidate gets the most flags in their summation thread is the next Regent of ATS for a term of 1 year.

This is democracy at its finest folks... here your vote really will count!

The Summation threads are not however, for commentary of any kind. The Moderating staff have kindly asked everyone to keep all comments out of the summation threads. Those threads are for voting ONLY. Your flag is your vote!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You GO, neno!!!
Woo hoo!!!

I didn't really know where this was all taking place....but now that OpinionatedB has steered me toward it, I'm enjoying reading your platform and summation.

You've got my vote, and you KNOW IT!!

wild

EDIT:

The Summation threads are not however, for commentary of any kind. The Moderating staff have kindly asked everyone to keep all comments out of the summation threads. Those threads are for voting ONLY. Your flag is your vote!

Woops. I didna get the memo. Sorry. Delete if necessary, pls.
edit on 3-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

For an old Curmudgeon....you are sooooo hot....

Des

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

How much will it cost my subjects to bribe you into dropping
out of the race?
Mamabeth,Queen of ATS!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Just votes(flags) in Summation threads please. No commentary.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
sorry... wrong thread somehow....
edit on 4-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good job, excellent and informative thread!

S@F!!!

I had no idea you were so connected! Brad Pitt? Wow, you never cease to amaze me! But WWChuck Norris say?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
About time we get someone with sense on that throne

You have my vote

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Just votes(flags) in Summation threads please. No commentary.

pssst....

I think that's been ignored on the other thread.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
To me, this whole election wasn't about winning. There's nothing to win. To me, it was about interacting with my fellow members, and watching how they acted. To watch personalities be presented, whether harsh or kind, was the amazement with which I watched this all unfold.

I want to thank ATS most of all, for allowing our charade to continue, and intrepid, who unwillingly found himself the dictator of a anthill. That position exemplifies the selflessness of the staff, and for that, I am proud to be a member.

The votes have been cast, and the winner just shy of being official. I am not he, but I am his supporter. The policies created by this imaginary election still ring softly in our minds, and the ability to speak our minds still resonates deeply in our souls.

This election has been both an "experiment", and a satisfying venture into politics. We made it realistic, and for that, I thank all the participants. We all knew there can be only one winner, and everyone had a fair chance to express their position. I am content with the results, and I think we will have a fair and just Regent.

I also wish to thank beezzer, the rabbit that got this started, several hundred threads of his own imagination. We made your thoughts into reality, and provided much comedy, much insight, and much reality.

On the eve of the election, I believe ATS has voted for the right choice for Regent.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Thanks to a little occult etymology, I think it is clear that Nenothtu is the most sane choice for Regent:

He No Nut.

Who else would you trust with a flamethrower, during an outbreak of weaving brain spiders?

nenothtu, 2012

new topics

top topics

join