It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Ghosts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Have you ever wondered why people never get a photograph of a ghost or any type of evidence from these ancient cultures?

Mesopotamia
Eqyptians
Aztecs
Minoans
Sumerian
Babylonians, Etc,

Or even cavemen and neanderthals? No evidence from the millions that died in the Crusades? I have thought about this a time or two and wanted some other opinions, maybe there is some sort of "cut-off" date, for a lack of better terms.

edit on 2-7-2012 by phrankie79 because: typo

edit on 2-7-2012 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by phrankie79

Believe it or not, I've heard similar thoughts expressed before. I can only speculate that there's some sort of "retrieval" scheme in place that brings the wanderers home after a certain amount of time.

Great avatar, by the way....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
At the moment of death, everything appears confused. The soul takes some time to recover its self-consciousness, for it is as though stunned, and in a state similar to that of a man waking out of a deep sleep, and trying to understand his own situation. It gradually regains clearness of thought and the memory of the past in proportion to the weakening of the influence of the material envelope from which it has just freed itself, and the clearing away of the sort of fog that obscured its consciousness.
The duration of the state of confusion that follows death varies greatly in different cases. It may be only of a few hours, and it may be of several months, or even years. Those with whom it lasts the least are they who, during the earthly life, have identified themselves most closely with their future state, because they are soonest able to understand their new situation.

This state of confusion assumes special aspects according to characterial peculiarities, and also according to different modes of death. In all cases of violent or sudden death, by suicide, by capital punishment, accident, apoplexy, etc., the spirit is surprised, astounded, and does not believe himself to be dead. He obstinately persists in asserting the contrary; and, nevertheless, he sees the body he has quitted as something apart from himself he knows that body to be his own, and he cannot make out how it should be separated from him. He goes about among the persons with whom he is united by the ties of affection, speaks to them, and cannot conceive why they do not hear him. This sort of illusion lasts until the entire separation of the perispirit from the earthly body, for it is only when this is accomplished that the spirit begins to understand his situation, and becomes aware that he no longer forms part of the world of human beings.
- The Spirits book.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by phrankie79
Have you ever wondered why people never get a photograph of a ghost or any type of evidence from these ancient cultures?

Mesopotamia
Eqyptians
Aztecs
Minoans
Sumerian
Babylonians, Etc,

Or even cavemen and neanderthals? No evidence from the millions that died in the Crusades? I have thought about this a time or two and wanted some other opinions, maybe there is some sort of "cut-off" date, for a lack of better terms.

edit on 2-7-2012 by phrankie79 because: typo

edit on 2-7-2012 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

VERY interesting thought....I never tout about it, but it's so true. Seems like the ghosts people see are no older than say 200 yrs.

I'd LOVE to hear if anyone has seen, or heard a story about seeing an ancient ghost.....

Great thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Interesting. If you are a believer, then you would have to assume they eventually went somewhere, otherwise there would be over 100 billion ghosts floating around, in some way, shape or form.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

is that from allan kardec's works on spiritism?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

is that from allan kardec's works on spiritism?
Yes and some of the greatest work ever on the topic.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

then you should also read laws of the spirit world by Khorshed Bhavnagiri. Thats good .plus the works of Summum.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
maybe ghost we see are just a glimpse into another dimension, making things similar time wise?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
There are plenty of accounts of Roman ghosts in the UK... Here's an example...

Roman Ghosts

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

If ghosts are made up of energy, maybe the ability for them to draw this energy and to keep going, stops, after a few hundred years or so. Let us just hope we have life after death after death.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

Thanks for the link, i was not aware of that story.

What an amazing, yet terrifying experience for that poor man. One hell of an encounter

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I,ve always considered the majority of ghosts to originate from approx. the middle ages forward, as this is the era where religion, particularly christianity put the fear of judgement, hell & damnation into people. With that sort of religious indoctrination going on, no wonder departed souls may be too scared to move on.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by green1

Good point, I guess ghosts could have anxiety about moving on to the next realm. Wouldn't be human if you didn't. I just hope all those poor cavemen moved on, i mean they didn't have any religon.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I suspect because they have recycled. Probably many times by now. As for ghosts, I suspect those that haven't recycled are the wanderers for a reason....i.e Punishment/Education.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Here's a video about Roman ghosts witnessed in York. For some reason when I link to Youtube it comes up blank so I'm going to leave another link just in case.

www.youtube.com...

I think there have only been a handful of sightings in the UK and I'm not sure about the rest of the world.

Any way isn't the UK famous for ghosts?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Here's a video about Roman ghosts witnessed in York. For some reason when I link to Youtube it comes up blank so I'm going to leave another link just in case.

www.youtube.com...

I think there have only been a handful of sightings in the UK and I'm not sure about the rest of the world.

Any way isn't the UK famous for ghosts?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
my grandfather was working in his cellar when he turned around and saw roman soldiers walking past him, he did note that he could not see their feet. i dont know if they were ghosts or just a replay in time.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by freeman180

Your grandfather is Harry Martingale? The gentlemen from this Story
edit on 3-7-2012 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

i could not believe how similar their stories are, but i dont think it was ghosts they saw like i said earlier i think it could be a replay in time or something like that.

my grandparents did see alots of things in their time like for instance my grandmother had given birth to my aunty and had just finished feeding her when my grandads mother who had been dead for a number of years walks in the room says hello and that she had just come to have a look at the baby then walks out again!! this happened during the daytime! my grandad seemed to sense something as he came running up the stairs asking what had happened but he did not see anything.my family have lots of stories like these, it just proves to me that there is life after death

top topics

<<   2 >>

join