It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Romney even win?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
WARNING: Pro-Obama video!

Great video, without lots of stats and facts.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
As jaded as it sounds... I think the decision has already been made. Truly.

I am not pleased with either candidate, but I think Obama will bring home the win yet again. I think a lot of folks are going to vote for "The Evil They Know" instead of for "The Evil They Don't Know".

To say that I am disappointed with the choices we are given is the understatement to end all understatements. So no. I do not think Romney will pull off a win.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't know if he can win on merit, but have you noticed something interesting? Now that he's the "presumptive nominee", the MSM is giving him as much attention as they gave Ron Paul. I'm sure that is by design.

Looks like this year Obama will be running against... no one?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If Romney wins, I will be surprised. IMO, it doesn't matter who picks as VP. Romney's boat will sink little by little the closer we get to election. I don't believe he can rally the republican party, win the independent vote no matter how much he spends. Republican party best shot was with Ron Paul if they really wanted to win the WH.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It wasn't a pro Obama video, he clearly said they're both the same breed of big business banking whores.

I haven't seen even one Romney bumper sticker. Does anyone like the guy other than extreme right wing hillbillies?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It's bad enough when blacks throw in the gratuitous race card, but when when a white wannabe occupier does it it's really laughable.
Perhaps Romney may indeed be more liberal than Obama but it only reminds us that Reagan was Liberal for most of his political career.
He too was ridiculed by the left for many reasons, especially when it came to the senior citizen vote.
But if Romney wins it will be because he is not Obama.
Reagan saved us from Carter's second term, maybe Romney will save us from Carter's third term.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It wasn't a pro Obama video, he clearly said they're both the same breed of big business banking whores.

I haven't seen even one Romney bumper sticker. Does anyone like the guy other than extreme right wing hillbillies?

I was going to say that my Dad has a Romney bumper sticker, then I saw your last line....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Romney may not even be able to beat Paul,,honestly neither Paul nor Romney know how many delegates they have......(or who they will vote for rather)...Romney was at the Bilderberg meeting,,The GOP cheats like all get out,,so I wouldnt discount them cheating to get Romney the win in the presidential...even Florida is making voting laws that make it harder for blacks to vote,ie having a license (no offense)...............in a fair election, Obama hands down....The Ron Paul fans I know say they wont vote at all,,so looks like Obama...
Obvama gets like 17000 to show at a public event,,Romney gets like 30-100...........but that doesnt matter because Ron Paul got thousands to show while Romney was getting 30.(nominee isnt final til august).....and nice "Romney Illusion " the media created for the idiots...They didnt even try to make it look good...

edit on 2-7-2012 by avatard because: obomney

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The sentiments expressed in this video is a huge part of the problem.
So much emphasis is placed on the popularity factor nowadays rather than on qualifications,
Truth is, this country is ailing and it's time to take some really bad tasting medicine whether we like it or not because obviously the sweet tasting medicine ain't working for us.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

lol

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Does it really matter anymore?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The sentiments expressed in this video is a huge part of the problem.
So much emphasis is placed on the popularity factor nowadays rather than on qualifications,
Truth is, this country is ailing and it's time to take some really bad tasting medicine whether we like it or not because obviously the sweet tasting medicine ain't working for us.

I think you missed something he said in the video. The point he was making is that Willard cant go after Obama without alienating voters and looking like a hypocrite (Obamacare vs his healthcare plan). Outside of that nothing in the county would really change all that much if either is elected. So at the end of the day its probably going to come down to popularity because of those things. Not just a popularity contest because thats all politics is.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Yes I got that point of the video as well, and for Romney to take advantage of the situation he would have to be very creative.
While I doubt any politician would ever admit to making a mistake, as in this case RomneyCare, he can still come out and rightfully say Obama does not have any original ideas.

Obama's greatest accomplishments, though they can be counted with one hand, all practically fell on his lap and were are all the result or ideas of someone else.
* He was opposed to going after Bin Laden, yet gets credit for the killing.
* Used RomneyCare as a model for his plan.
* Was opposed to the appointment of Roberts by Bush, yet Roberts became his savior.

One thing the occupier in the video neglected to mention is the fact that Romney raised two million the day after the SCOTUS decision and that number continues to grow.
That alone should mean something.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I don't know if he can win on merit, but have you noticed something interesting? Now that he's the "presumptive nominee", the MSM is giving him as much attention as they gave Ron Paul. I'm sure that is by design.

What 'MSM' are you looking at? A simple google news search shows me page ofter page of headlines from MSM sources talking about Romney.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

* He was opposed to going after Bin Laden, yet gets credit for the killing.

I must have missed that. When did Obama 'oppose' going after bin Laden? As I recall, Mitt was opposed to it. But when was Obama?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I dunno...
I'm a democrat and after bush, I'm very VERY anti-republican, mostly due to bush.
However, even though I'm not against Obama, I'm not completely supportive of him (something the extremist right wing isn't capable of doing.... being against their own party at times).

I've been thinking more and more of possibly voting for Romney for one and only one reason.

When dubya was in office, the entire country became "extremist evangelical bible thumping (instead of bible following) rednecks" and it destroyed the country. Now, with Obama in office, they're switching from that to "Chicago thugs" and I don't much like that either.

I guess if everybody is going to start acting like the stereotype of whoever the POTUS may be, I'd rather have everyone acting like successful buisness people who are Mormons and devoted to their faith without being consumed by it then a chicago thug or a bible-belt idiot...

Maybe it's just the mood I'm in today...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I dunno...
I'm a democrat and after bush, I'm very VERY anti-republican, mostly due to bush.
Shouldn't you be anti-bush, then?

...Can Romney win? That's the question the MSM wishes we cared about, with polls showing 'dead heat' between the two more often than not. I don't care for either but my instinct says Obama will win a second. The debates between the two should be interesting, and I do expect Obama to outperform and outsmart Romney.

However if Romney wins, it will be his money that got him there. And that crap eating grin.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
How can Romney NOT win?

Obama is a total goof, incompetent, and absolutely void of any leadership qualities.

The last President that had these same qualities was Jimmy Carter, and we know how that turned out.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I dunno...
Shouldn't you be anti-bush, then?

...Can Romney win? That's the question the MSM wishes we cared about, with polls showing 'dead heat' between the two more often than not. I don't care for either but my instinct says Obama will win a second. The debates between the two should be interesting, and I do expect Obama to outperform and outsmart Romney.

However if Romney wins, it will be his money that got him there. And that crap eating grin.

yeah, I'm EXTREMELY anti-bush, but was non-republican boardering on anti-republican before that, so he just pushed me over the edge....

....actually, I'm pretty much centrist, it takes both wings to fly.... but I'm still extremely anti-bush and even more anti-cheney, so I'm anti-anybody that supports either one of them.

If Romney came up tomorrow and said "Bush really sucked and I want to restore the republican party to what it once was before he got hold of it", I'd go ahead and vote for Romney because that would be the clincher for me

top topics

<<   2 >>

join