It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death knell for Syria regime as China, Russia turn on Assad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ok now the unthinkable has happened. Russia and China both agree on military intervention in Syria. Here is the link Death knell for Syria regime as China, Russia turn on Assad

I am deeply disappointed. Now who will be left to stand up to the world bullies. They have successfully plundered countries like Afghanistan, Iraq & Libya. Now it's Syria's turn. I see the UAE making a great mistake by trusting the US. The US isn't anyone's friend. It is just using the UAE like it is using everyone else. After they have finished with Syria, guess who will be next? The country with the most oil in the world -- UAE.

The one thing that I don't understand is if the countries are really that dumb to be believing the US and their lies. Because secretly the Americans are laughing behind their allies' backs. When they want more plunder, they will simply turn on one of their allies and turn all the other countries against them. Yeah I'm looking straight at you, UAE.

If you think the US won't turn against you, you are sadly mistaken. Look what they did to Saddam, a former ally. And when your turn comes, you can grovel and beg all you want for assistance but no one will be there to provide you with that.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You buy that ? ..

I Dont !

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Which part don't you buy? Could you be more specific please.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldweather
reply to post by Ben81

Which part don't you buy? Could you be more specific please.

The main subject of your thread

Russia and China both agree on military intervention in Syria

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
You buy that ? ..

I Dont !

Agreed. The article has he-said-she-said quotes, but nothing directly from a Russian or Chinese source.

"We made one step forward that's worth having, which is that we agreed with Russia and China what a transitional government should look like.

Nothing about actual Russian or Chinese support. My spidey senses are tingling... this seems a lot like propaganda to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

There is no place for President Bashar al-Assad in any future Syrian government, diplomats say, as Russia and China agree to transition plan.

The communiqué, which agreed terms for a transitional authority to oversee the end of violence in the country, was hammered out with the inclusion of Russia and China and called for "clear and irreversible steps" after a fixed time frame.

"We made one step forward that's worth having, which is that we agreed with Russia and China what a transitional government should look like. And that there should be a transitional unity government in Syria, and that should be made up of people from the present government and opposition groups on the basis of mutual consent, which would of course exclude president Assad from that."

Excluding President Assad and putting in place a "puppet". Now how will the western powers do that without using force? And if Russia and China have agreed for a regime change, doesn't that imply that they implicitly support the military invasion because without it, regime change won't be possible?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

There is no place for President Bashar al-Assad in any future Syrian government, diplomats say, as Russia and China agree to transition plan.

I heard otherwise

No new government will be created WITHOUT Assad

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

its called going into exile in CUBA,,very popular in the 50's

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Arent yall forgetting the Real Syrian Army? its huge stockpiles of chem weapons and the desperation to use them should they go down.....
The Free Sryian Army, which aparently kills its own for propaganda points....
And Iran which is part of the Syrian Iranian mutual defense treaty.....
Pus a whole bunch of modern shoot and forget anti shipping missiles russia just delivered to syria not to long ago....these are supersonic ship killers.....have the ability to loiter as well and a fairly long range to boot.....
a huge improvement on the sunburn anti ship missiles which they also have.....
Notice the Iranis have passed a laww claiming the right to block the straits of Hormuz?
there is more than just western positioning involved here...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I heard otherwise No new government will be created WITHOUT Assad

Link Please. I would be very happy to read that story.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

And if Russia and China have agreed for a regime change, doesn't that imply that they implicitly support the military invasion because without it, regime change won't be possible?

As I posted above, it seems to me that the article entirely lacked any quotes from Chinese or Russian sources, and they agreed on what a transitional government should look like, not that they will be involved in installing such a government, much less engaging the current government so that the West can install a new puppet.

Plus this seems to be the only source reporting this side of the story. A more recent article paints a different picture:

www.whec.com...

Annan seemed confident of his plan a few days ago, but Russia has refused to back a provision that would call for President Bashar Assad to step down to make way for a unity government, a stance that could torpedo the entire deal.

Russia and China, which has followed Russia’s lead on Syria, have twice used their council veto to shield Syria from U.N. sanctions.

We haven’t reached agreement in advance with Russia and China _ that remains very difficult. I don’t know if it will be possible to do so.

edit on 2-7-2012 by wagnificent because: one more clip

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The question is what is in Syria that the Chinese Russia, and the US are wanting? Whatever it is it is valuable enough to risk WW-III over.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wagnificent

Thank you for the link. I see that some hope remains yet that the bullies will be thwarted.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA!!!

Man, seriously, READ more articles on more sites.Where EXACTLY did you read ANYTHING in the lines of "Russia and China okeys NATO military intervention"????

What you read about is that in Geveva, some guys got togheter and came up with this :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

While I agree that in the end Russia and China will duck away from Assad or will get their asses kicked hard by NATO, it is not going to hapend today.Tommorow, maybe, next week or month, yes, but not because of some gathering but because of a false-flag or if Assad is stupid (thinking Russians will risk WW over them) a real provocations with Israel or Turkey.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldweatherThe one thing that I don't understand is if the countries are really that dumb to be believing the US and their lies. Because secretly the Americans are laughing behind their allies' backs. When they want more plunder, they will simply turn on one of their allies and turn all the other countries against them.

Well. Not sure how much of this particular news is true or not but I have seen Russia and China have changed their geopolitical stance and roles in the past. Nothing new here. However can it also be true that all the countries involved are lyeing not just the US? Nobody is stupid to waste their resources to save the Syrian Dictator. Every other country out there looks out for their own interest(s) and/or profits.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The reason the USA & Russia do not want a war in the Middle East at this time is because we are facing a much more dangerous situation again in Europe, we are hearing that we are in 1939 again with a major Super power situation of another war in the Balkans.
The USA or UK have got to prepare many forces foe European area, so don't want to get bogged down in the Iran part of the world.
The USA have been putting new ICBM's and new radar of late along the borders of Europe, Russia have said it will not be allowed, the Serbs & the foes and Georgia have unfinished business, and on top of this Finland & Russia have a situation growing quite fast too.
Iran will have to be put on the back burner for awhile, because WW1 & WW2 both started in Europe in that area, and the UK can see WW3 starting there now too, that is the reason the UK have put new Navy Aircraft Carriers on hold, and building Tank forces up faster, as Europe is more of a land war than sea is it not?

top topics

join